Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th October 2014, 07:41   #6841
BHPian

Re: Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay380 View Post
Yes its still parked there
There was another truck on the flyover as well with a couple of blown rear tyres. No prizes for guessing, it's on the RHS (as usual). This was at 7:08 AM.
Old 20th October 2014, 08:22   #6842
BHPian

Guys, if you are planning to reach graphite India via the railway crossing (after ISRO U turn) I believe its going to be a difficult today.

Immediately after the railways crossing, there were huge boulders and barricades blocking the road towards graphite India. Also after the Ebenezer Church, there was work progressing on 2 manholes blocking the incoming traffic towards the railways crossing.

There were 2 huge boulder just before the right turn after the Bern Unity Apartment, making the right turn towards graphite India a difficult task

Even if the boulders and the barricades are removed, the manhole is going to create chaos today.

Regards
Old 20th October 2014, 10:03   #6843
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinjosep View Post
There was another truck on the flyover as well with a couple of blown rear tyres. No prizes for guessing, it's on the RHS (as usual). This was at 7:08 AM.
Truck on the Intel flyover still there at 9.30 am. Work in progress to change tyre. The other truck mentioned in the earlier post seems to have been taken care of. I joined from ORR from Belandur and was not affected much. But look like the jam due to this extends way past Bellandur flyover
Old 20th October 2014, 10:11   #6844
BHPian

Volvo bus broke down at Bilekhalli signal, BG Road and theres a huge traffic jam on BG Road, try to use internal roads.
Old 20th October 2014, 11:19   #6845
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ::CMS:: View Post
Volvo bus broke down at Bilekhalli signal, BG Road and theres a huge traffic jam on BG Road, try to use internal roads.
Even the internal roads got clogged later. Very bad traffic management. Around 9:40 the traffic was beyond Meenakshi temple and was building up fast.
Old 20th October 2014, 11:52   #6846
Senior - BHPian

Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-imageuploadedbyteambhp1413786132.635147.jpg

BTP's idea of traffic management at NGEF bypass - allow vehicles to pass on both sides of the road to clear the congestion and in the process move all the congestion to the next signal.

Excellent thought!

ze Common Man: Oh wait! What if there is traffic build up at the next junction?
BTP We'll repeat the exercise there too! Don't worry, we've been doing this for years!
ze Common Man: Tussi great ho!

Last edited by IronH4WK : 20th October 2014 at 11:53.
IronH4WK is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th October 2014, 13:01   #6847
Senior - BHPian

There was a massive jam on top of BETL this morning from Silkboard to Elec City around 9.45AM because of a car broken down on the right lane and a super duper slow 10 wheeler lorry moving at a snails pace on the other lane. Jam lasted from RNS Motors all the way till close to Kropex!
Old 20th October 2014, 13:14   #6848
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyBoi View Post
There was a massive jam on top of BETL this morning from Silkboard to Elec City around 9.45AM because of a car broken down on the right lane and a super duper slow 10 wheeler lorry moving at a snails pace on the other lane. Jam lasted from RNS Motors all the way till close to Kropex!

Ah! Good times, eh?

And in the middle of that, this idiot was trying to make a third lane!

Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-imageuploadedbyteambhp1413791071.860683.jpg
IronH4WK is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th October 2014, 14:20   #6849
Senior - BHPian

Guys, how is the traffic in Attibelle-Hosur area? Any blocks due to cracker shopping?
Old 20th October 2014, 14:34   #6850
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolclouds View Post
Guys, how is the traffic in Attibelle-Hosur area? Any blocks due to cracker shopping?
I took me 30 minutes to exit the attibele toll, this was between 3-4 pm yesterday. On my return after the crackers purchase, there was 1 km long jam to exit the same toll. Somehow it was a bad idea to travel so far for cracker purchase.
Mr_Bean is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th October 2014, 15:25   #6851
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Bean View Post
I took me 30 minutes to exit the attibele toll, this was between 3-4 pm yesterday. On my return after the crackers purchase, there was 1 km long jam to exit the same toll. Somehow it was a bad idea to travel so far for cracker purchase.
People travel to Hosur since the crackers cost less there. But one ends up burning more fuel, paying toll at Attibele plus losing time for nothing.
Old 20th October 2014, 15:37   #6852
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suresh_gs View Post
People travel to Hosur since the crackers cost less there. But one ends up burning more fuel, paying toll at Attibele plus losing time for nothing.
Brought crackers for 630/- INR, fuel expenses - 4 litres of petrol for up & down distance of 50 kms + BETL toll (45/-) + Attibele toll (40/-).

But do we have crackers shops inside the city?, the nearest shop I spotted on my way to Attibelle was before the chandapura flyover, I stay in HSR layout.

But for people planning to do bulk purchase, it is definitely worth the visit, check the prices here:
http://hosurcrackers.com/

These are way less than the market price. On diwali eve, prices come down dramatically with discount as high as 90%, they still make profit after giving such high discounts.
Old 20th October 2014, 16:43   #6853
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
But do we have crackers shops inside the city?
There are few in the ground near Bethany School in Koramangala. They have it every year. Few years back I had seen army depot near Agara selling crackers. Not sure now. Check this post: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/gadget...ml#post3560706
Old 20th October 2014, 17:16   #6854
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Brought crackers for 630/- INR, fuel expenses - 4 litres of petrol for up & down distance of 50 kms + BETL toll (45/-) + Attibele toll (40/-).

But do we have crackers shops inside the city?, the nearest shop I spotted on my way to Attibelle was before the chandapura flyover, I stay in HSR layout.

But for people planning to do bulk purchase, it is definitely worth the visit, check the prices here:
http://hosurcrackers.com/

These are way less than the market price. On diwali eve, prices come down dramatically with discount as high as 90%, they still make profit after giving such high discounts.
A friend of mine went to Hosur to buy crackers. He inquired the price of crackers from different shops and found that the there was a huge price difference from shop to shop.
He started to argue with one of the shop keepers. The keeper pulled him to a corner and said that the actual price was way below the price fixed by the keepers.
For eg the price of a box of sparklers was Rs 60 while the keepers quoted somewhere in the range of Rs 300. The keeper said he will give 2 options to my friend.
On the actual price he will be given a discount of 30% or on the price fixed by keepers, the discount will be 80%.
Old 20th October 2014, 19:11   #6855
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

This evening around 4:45pm on the KR Puram hanging bridge (going from KR Puram towards Tin factory), 3 cabs were backing up on the left lane from about 100 metres into the up ramp, this was their "quick reaction" expecting a traffic jam on the bridge up ahead

I continued slowly on right lane and up ahead I saw an indica cab "broken" down in the true sense - left front wheel had broken off (don't know how he managed that, did not seem like he crashed into anything) and the driver was waving & gesturing to other vehicles to keep left.
I was easily able to move to the left lane and then it was a free run all the way to the tin factory junction - in a way it was good that the potential jam creators had already backed away from the bridge, so much for their quick thinking

Last edited by NPV : 20th October 2014 at 19:12.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks