Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th October 2014, 10:14   #6886
Senior - BHPian

Re: Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Napo View Post
True! while driving i was thinking how the same road would be on Monday:-( and then decided not to think about it.
Today the roads were literally empty especially the ORR, Graphite India signal. Traffic in bangalore is like ANNIYAN tamil movie that features the same hero in different forms (soft, romantic and hardcore). Of course there is nothing romantic in bangalore traffic.
Old 24th October 2014, 13:37   #6887
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suresh_gs View Post
Today the roads were literally empty especially the ORR, Graphite India signal. Traffic in bangalore is like ANNIYAN tamil movie that features the same hero in different forms (soft, romantic and hardcore). Of course there is nothing romantic in bangalore traffic.
wish to see the same everyday. But wishes will never be granted. So from Monday it'll be back to square one.
Old 24th October 2014, 13:51   #6888
Senior - BHPian

Oh how I wish the roads were empty everyday as they were today. Dreading Monday now
Old 27th October 2014, 11:00   #6889
BHPian

Huge traffic jams all along Kundalahalli Road from Maratahalli. . Complete block. Please take alternate roads.
Old 27th October 2014, 11:14   #6890
Senior - BHPian

Huge traffic jams all around Outer Ring road today. From Whitefield to ORR Samsung office took me 1 hr 40mins. Normally this is 25 minutes or less. Pretty pathetic traffic situation today.
Old 27th October 2014, 11:37   #6891
Senior - BHPian

And the reason for chaos? When I joined the jam at Kadubeesanahalli, I thought it was because of some accident. But when by the time I reached my office in Doddanekkundi, I realised that the only reason was poor road design.

- Illogical U-turns on ring road
- buses stopping in the left and middle lanes for passengers, instead of bus bays
- poorly planned exits to service roads
- broken median providing an opportunity for bikers to jump on to oncoming lanes and ride on the wrong side (I saw this below the railway line near Doddanekkundi)

Solution: none
Old 27th October 2014, 11:41   #6892
BHPian

there was a school bus broken down near Kalamandir. The whole chaos started from that.
Old 27th October 2014, 11:59   #6893
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pratyush6 View Post
Huge traffic jams all along Kundalahalli Road from Maratahalli. . Complete block. Please take alternate roads.
Are there alternate routes to go to IPTL apart from Hoody and Graphite India.??

I don't think so
Old 27th October 2014, 12:38   #6894
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by reignofchaos View Post
Huge traffic jams all around Outer Ring road today. From Whitefield to ORR Samsung office took me 1 hr 40mins. Normally this is 25 minutes or less. Pretty pathetic traffic situation today.
It took me 2hrs 10 mins to reach my office near richmond circle from my home in whitefield today!
I have been observing that BBMP has created 2 new bottlenecks along this road other than the kundalahalli gate junction over the past few months.

The foot over bridge under construction on marathalli bridge is has become a new bottleneck due to it's poor deisgn. Instead of removing the encroachments on the bridge and constructing it there, they have designed that in such a way that it completely occupies one lane of the road.

Also the encroachments along the marathalli market on the old airport road have increased exponentially in the last few months resulting in just one lane available for traffic on either side resulting in a huge pileup on either side everyday.
Old 27th October 2014, 13:10   #6895
Senior - BHPian

It took me an hour and 20 minutes to reach Manyata from Doddanekundi. Traffic was almost standstill near the under construction flyover near Manyata and this was the longest I have taken ever to reach office. Attributed to few potholes, lot of people back from vacations and many cars on the road. Hopefully the evenings would be a little better and the days to come a little more manageable.
Old 27th October 2014, 13:37   #6896
Team-BHP Support

hmmm, it took me only 26 min from Richmond Circle to Sarjapur Outer Ring Road

OH, I left at 7.10
ajmat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th October 2014, 13:53   #6897
Distinguished - BHPian

Terrible traffic on the Yelahanka to Hebbal flyover this morning with traffic backed up all the way till Sahakarnagar on the elevated section and near Woodsman Estate on the ground.

Palace Grounds also was a catastrophe! Lot of interstate buses too adding to the mess.
Old 27th October 2014, 14:17   #6898
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bharat4ever View Post
there was a school bus broken down near Kalamandir. The whole chaos started from that.
Yes. I guess this is the reason for the traffic block near Kalamandir and ISRO. Of course then there were traffic from opposite direction near ISRO and heavy vehicles coming to left to take a U turn just added to Mayhem.

Somehow managed by taking the service road through vasan eye care , but still couldn't get into office , so parked car in an empty space opposite Bagmande WTC and walked across to office.
Old 27th October 2014, 14:30   #6899
Senior - BHPian

It took me 40 minutes from the Soul Space signal on Orr till Marathalli, while i breezed past through the dreaded KR puram in under 10 minutes.
Oh the fun, another 1hour, 15 minute journey to cover under 14 kms to Ecospace even when i left home at 12pm.
Old 27th October 2014, 19:26   #6900
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

Bengaluru is sinking with this crazy amount of traffic and the crazy behaviour of people.
Im not sure any more about this being the right place to live in, in the long term.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks