Team-BHP > Street Experiences

Search this Thread
Old 2nd December 2014, 12:13   #7291
Senior - BHPian

Re: Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation

Quote:
Originally Posted by suresh_gs View Post
Probably the govt has to develop New Bangalore something similar to Navi Mumbai. The old bangalore has grown out of expectations that it is now nearly impossible to manage the traffic with the current plan of the city.
The places where we see gridlocks had no traffic 10 years ago. The whole ORR is not that old phenomenon.
Old 2nd December 2014, 12:16   #7292
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by satan's_valet View Post
Sums up every frustration of a car owner,
This is the reality. Good that you shared this video. The most precious thing for a road user in bangalore is not gold, silver, platinum or liquid cash but SPACE. In Mahabharatha, Duryodhana said that he will not give needlepoint of land to the pandavas. Like wise in today's city life, if you give an inch of space, that will be utilized by the 2 wheelers to zoom past or the pedestrians to walk or even the animals to cross. What they achieve out of this is secondary but the fact is they have not been kept waiting by you. That's the bottomline.
suresh_gs is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd December 2014, 12:18   #7293
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srishiva View Post
He could be qualified through his education
True. Maybe be is qualified but doesn't subscribe to his views. I have heard him rant against flyovers. But he doesn't talk about concrete, practical alternatives.
Old 2nd December 2014, 14:26   #7294
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILTDrive View Post
The situation that is existing in front of Ecospace is starting to raise its presence in front of Manyata Tech park. They are stopping traffic to let the pedestrians cross, I wonder why not have a sky walk built here. Let the Manyata promoters bear the 50% cost of this and let the government share the other 50%. The traffic backs up al the way to the beginning of the new Hennur flyover.
Not sure if that'd help. It would only increase the traffic at Veeranapalya flyover for the U turn. All lanes of the ORR and the service road merge into the tiny lane beneath the flyover and block everyone else that wants to take the flyover. Blocking of traffic at the Manyata gate provides a small relief.
Old 2nd December 2014, 15:09   #7295
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vysakh View Post
Not sure if that'd help. It would only increase the traffic at Veeranapalya flyover for the U turn. All lanes of the ORR and the service road merge into the tiny lane beneath the flyover and block everyone else that wants to take the flyover. Blocking of traffic at the Manyata gate provides a small relief.
The problem there is that the left side of the flyover the road was dug up and not relaid at all, hence every one uses the right side below the flyover. They have to relay the road on the left side and then do not allow that traffic to take a right turn in between the flyovers, but at the extreme end of the flyover, that will enable a little better traffic movement. But I guess, it is too much of an ask for common sense. At least, I am hoping for some.
Old 3rd December 2014, 09:51   #7296
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

BTP's newest addition to the Whitefield traffic plan is the presence of Traffic Wardens as early as 8:15am. Even saw one of them wielding a megaphone to warn 2 wheelers to get off the footpath
NPV is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 3rd December 2014, 11:54   #7297
Senior - BHPian

made a shorty on Bangalore traffic, starring a cabbie from Bangalore

thinking of putting it up on the BTP Facebook page as well.
IronH4WK is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 3rd December 2014, 17:52   #7298
BHPian

How do you feel when people do not care about other’s vehicle and scratch your vehicles body and bumper with their careless driving and parking? Your heart sinks when you see the scratches and dents on your vehicle which you try to maintain in top condition and for this reason you drive sedately and park your vehicle carefully. FlipKart delivery morons have done just that near my house and have scratched my car’s bumper with their “I do not care about your vehicle” attitude. And they managed to do that on a parked vehicle. Had this shock today, lost my temper, ended up barging into their office and gave a piece of my mind. If at all I could find the person who did this things would have been different. But at the end you are the loser and have to pay the price to remove these scratches and dents, which transpired, not by your mistake in the first place. Ah this cruel world. What has to be done with such morons.
Old 3rd December 2014, 18:58   #7299
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronH4WK View Post
made a shorty on Bangalore traffic, starring a cabbie from Bangalore

thinking of putting it up on the BTP Facebook page as well.
Was the traitor made to walk the plank? I guess he is reported already, else I shall do the honours on public eye.

Last edited by audioholic : 3rd December 2014 at 19:00.
audioholic is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd December 2014, 23:07   #7300
BHPian

I do not understand the logic of two wheelers in Bangalore. They overtake in all speed, trying to squeeze between cars (even though they know there is no space) and all the circus. Later once overtaken, they ride infornt at 40kmph speed on right most lane (though there is enough space in-front of them and on the left lanes).
Old 4th December 2014, 06:01   #7301
BANNED

Infractions: 0/3 (12)

My Dad keeps telling me there is no point in getting irritated about Bangalore's terrible traffic. Just avoid driving as much as possible. If stuck, turn up the music and ignore the chaos around.
Because, it is never going to get better. With the advent of more and more people reaching the economic bracket which enables them to buy some sort of wheeled, powered, personal transport, the situation is only going to get worse!
shankar.balan is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 4th December 2014, 09:46   #7302
BHPian

Came across this video. Very much applicable in our day-to-day life

500ContyCruiser is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th December 2014, 09:50   #7303
BHPian

Here is my experience in Whitefield area for the last 10 days
Where all I travel in Whitefield area:
Route-1: Kundalahalli gate-Vydehi Junction (kid's school)-Graphite Junction (home)
I will take this route daily around 5.30PM. Before the new traffic flow I used to spend minimum 1 hour, now it has come down to 30 minutes
Route-2: Graphite Junction-Hoodi signal-Devasandra-Hoodi Signal-Graphite Junction
I will take this route occasionally, 2 times in last week to pick wife from KR Puram. Earlier I used to take minimum 1 hr 20 minutes, now has comedown to 45 minutes.

I personally feel that the main reason the improvements (read reduction in travel time and traffic pileup) is presence of more BTP personnel than the route diversions. In the log run (read with less BTP staff in Whitefield area) current set-up may not be practical mainly due to the worst traffic sense of Bangalorean's.
Old 4th December 2014, 10:54   #7304
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
Was the traitor made to walk the plank? I guess he is reported already, else I shall do the honours on public eye.
nah, but should have done that

i put the video on the BTP Facebook page. no response yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 500ContyCruiser View Post
Came across this video. Very much applicable in our day-to-day life
yep, saw this on Facebook. i'm sure all of us have been there, done that
Old 4th December 2014, 11:26   #7305
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
BTP's newest addition to the Whitefield traffic plan is the presence of Traffic Wardens as early as 8:15am. Even saw one of them wielding a megaphone to warn 2 wheelers to get off the footpath
And you know what? Traffic Wardens are doing this as a social service. Many of these Traffic Wardens are either retired people, or working for various establishments (including IT etc.). They don't get paid, and they take this as "giving it back to the society" .

Traffic Wardens do not have any enforcing powers, and generally take time out of their personal time every week to guide the traffic at busy intersections. In BTP facebook page there are some regular customers - whose only job is to complain on each and every thing. My response to them is generally to join the Traffic Warden Organisation (TWO). Naturally, they renew their focus on complaining as this is a far simpler thing to do.

Last edited by sachinpk : 4th December 2014 at 11:45.
sachinpk is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed