Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th December 2014, 11:42   #7306
BANNED

Re: Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation

The phenomenon of "My Time more Valuable than yours" is more prevalent in the educated class than with the cabbies. No where else is this more visible than in front of the IT companies. At the Veeranapalya flyover, where you have to take a U turn to enter Manyata and just before the flyover you have to stick to the right to go under the flyover. While a lot of people just stick to the right and wait for their turn to enter the service road, an equal number of people come from the left and try to squeeze into the service lane thus blocking the people who were waiting correctly. This gets my goat and one fine day I am going to stop my car and have all those educated low lives get back in line. Just waiting for my emotions to get the better of me. The sad part is, I see a lot of cars sporting the TBHP stickers doing this, guess for the these people the stickers are just a style statement and nothing else. I guess, the mods should make people earn these stickers and not just buy them.
ILTDrive is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 4th December 2014, 13:21   #7307
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronH4WK View Post
nah, but should have done that

Booked for 1. Signal Jumping, 2. Violating lane discipline 3.Using mobile phone while driving
audioholic is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 4th December 2014, 13:27   #7308
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILTDrive View Post
At the Veeranapalya flyover, where you have to take a U turn to enter Manyata and just before the flyover you have to stick to the right to go under the flyover. While a lot of people just stick to the right and wait for their turn to enter the service road, an equal number of people come from the left and try to squeeze into the service lane thus blocking the people who were waiting correctly.
I've faced this a few times, because I used to leave room for 2 wheelers to get past if they could. Nowadays, however, instead of moving to the far right of the right lane, I stay closer to the divider that separates the flyover ramp and the service road (i.e. as far left in the right-most lane) to ensure I don't give them room to stick their noses in. When someone comes to try their luck, I don't zoom past to cut them off, instead I cut them off and slow down, so that the person who's correctly behind me can tailgate me and continue to prevent them cutting in.

I have a dream. A dream that one day, a long line of vehicles will tailgate me like this, and leave a pesky interruptor waiting with his car's rear-end sticking out.
arunphilip is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th December 2014, 13:43   #7309
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arunphilip View Post

I have a dream. A dream that one day, a long line of vehicles will tailgate me like this, and leave a pesky interruptor waiting with his car's rear-end sticking out.
Hold on to your Dreams
Just believe that you can
Nothing's going to stop you
That's the story of arunphilip
suresh_gs is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th December 2014, 14:22   #7310
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by arunphilip View Post

I share the same dream buddy. More than their tails sticking out, I would like for those smart jacks to be caught by the traffic police and booked. The fine/bribe should make them remember what they did for a while.

Unfortunately, I have seen that when I do like what you have mentioned, the person behind me normally backs up and allows that guy to cut in after me and thus spoils the fun.
ILTDrive is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th December 2014, 15:36   #7311
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
Booked for 1. Signal Jumping, 2. Violating lane discipline 3.Using mobile phone while driving
won't let him make a living by doing what he does best, will ya?

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
My Dad keeps telling me there is no point in getting irritated about Bangalore's terrible traffic. Just avoid driving as much as possible. If stuck, turn up the music and ignore the chaos around.
Because, it is never going to get better. With the advent of more and more people reaching the economic bracket which enables them to buy some sort of wheeled, powered, personal transport, the situation is only going to get worse!
couldn't agree with you more there. however, we can't let this keep going on, it will just lead to anarchy. the situation is getting worse by the day and the Bangalore Traffic Police couldn't care less.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILTDrive View Post
I share the same dream.. I would like for those smart jacks to be caught by the traffic police and booked.
yep, that is a dream indeed

Last edited by IronH4WK : 4th December 2014 at 15:37.
Old 5th December 2014, 06:22   #7312
Senior - BHPian

Cross-posting from the Bad drivers thread

Here's what a good friend of mine had to go through : https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...e=1&permPage=1

The best part is that the cops at Mahadevpura police Station even refused to take a written complaint.
Old 5th December 2014, 06:38   #7313
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjstyles69 View Post
Cross-posting from the Bad drivers thread

Here's what a good friend of mine had to go through : https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...e=1&permPage=1

The best part is that the cops at Mahadevpura police Station even refused to take a written complaint.

That's a GBS cab, right? The transport desk can't take action against the driver? I know that's not much, but that's a start
Old 5th December 2014, 06:38   #7314
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Folks, any update on the Devasandra road ? Still dug up ? Is it usable from the K R Puram side yet ? I've avoided it all week but just wanted to know if there is any progress/update.
Old 5th December 2014, 06:51   #7315
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronH4WK View Post
That's a GBS cab, right? The transport desk can't take action against the driver? I know that's not much, but that's a start
I have no idea, but we have asked him to start off with a formal complaint with the HR and then involve our transport desk. The problem with this dude is that he is a saint and will never hit back or raise his voice. People usually misuse this goodness of his.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
Folks, any update on the Devasandra road ? Still dug up ? Is it usable from the K R Puram side yet ? I've avoided it all week but just wanted to know if there is any progress/update.
Dont use that road as yet my friend. I would say give it a week.
rjstyles69 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th December 2014, 09:34   #7316
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjstyles69 View Post
I have no idea, but we have asked him to start off with a formal complaint with the HR and then involve our transport desk.
yep, that's a GBS cab (white on blue); blue on white is CSC (the ones plying for Globalsoft). contact the GBS HR and the transport desk, tell them a police complaint has been lodged (fake it) and that it is all over social media. that should set the fire under the HR's seat to take some action
Old 5th December 2014, 09:45   #7317
Senior - BHPian

Who is the person who has taken the photographs? One can see water mark" Aravind Photography"
Old 5th December 2014, 09:59   #7318
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronH4WK
couldn't agree with you more there. however, we can't let this keep going on, it will just lead to anarchy. the situation is getting worse by the day and the Bangalore Traffic Police couldn't care less.
The Bengaluru Traffic Police cannot care beyond a point. When roads get clogged by vehicles, what do you think a traffic police unit can do? They don't have the powers to forcibly kick the vehicle owners back to their homes. They cannot say that after x number of vehicles are on the road, no further vehicles can come that way. Remember, Traffic Police (or any Police unit) can only enforce existing laws, and not make their own laws. New vehicles get registered at the RTO, BTP cannot say that no new vehicles can be registered. RTO by themselves also cannot do that.

Either we have to widen roads (to a very huge size), but that depends upon BBMP and the elected state government. Or there should be a morotorium on new vehicle registrations. Again requires state government to form the laws; which has every chance of getting challenged in the courts. Or else laws can be framed that no private vehicle would be allowed in certain parts of the city. Such laws can be brought in, but enforcing that would be a big pain. It may work out in areas like Brigade Road & MG Road where only commercial activity goes on. Enforcing them in say Koramangala and HSR layout may be a problem because there is no demarcation between commercial area and residential area. Residents would start crying that their vehicles should be allowed always, and "outsider" vehicles should not be allowed to run on the roads.

Quote:
contact the GBS HR and the transport desk, tell them a police complaint has been lodged (fake it) and that it is all over social media.
Agree with that. It is these IT and ITES company which uses the services of the cabs. And cab companies employ the cheapest available person as the driver, and naturally that leads to a case where only uncouth and unemployable people land up behind the cab wheels. Saw another post in my FB today. It seems one cabbie just pulled out the key from another vehicle (after having a fight with the owner of the car) and drove off. The cab was to be working for HP. If the cab cannot be traced HP company should named & shamed.
Old 5th December 2014, 10:00   #7319
BHPian

I saw it this morning: While coming from IIA signal towards koramangala BDA complex, in front of St John's auditorium ,there is a right turn towards the BDA complex and a straight towards Sony signal. The right turn signal had just stopped, an auto had stopped there. But the signal to go straight was still on. A biker as usual thought first that he can beat the signal to go right or probably the auto will not stop, but realized otherwise. He tried to swear to the left in the last minute but hit the left most part of the auto, looks like he had applied the front brake, the back wheel lifted up slightly and the bike swung to the left and he fell. Fortunately there was no other vehicle on to his left and hence he was not hit. He got up and some one helped to bring his bike up. The best part was, the auto guy got down and stood ready to get money for the damage to his auto. The biker had no option but to to start opening his purse to pay up.

I don't know when will people learn.

Last edited by benbsb29 : 5th December 2014 at 10:24. Reason: Corrected typo to read 'brake'
Old 5th December 2014, 10:08   #7320
Senior - BHPian

Will cross post this one on the Taxi & Mini-cabs thread as well. Any news which talks about auto rickshaw drivers suffering is good news ...
Nano joins Taxi For Sure’s fleet
Cab service with auto fares
Rudramurthy, General Secretary, Auto Rickshaw Drivers Union, said: “We have already complained to the Transport Minister, Transport Commissioner and District Commissioner about cabs lowering their fares. We are also planning to organise a protest in front of the DC’s office on Friday against the Nano taxis.”

Keep on complaining and crying Mr. Rudramurthy, your gang was making lots of people do this for the last 15-20 years.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks