Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th February 2015, 10:47   #7636
Senior - BHPian

Re: Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation

Very Interesting read about why the traffic was all chocked up yesterday.
I was one of the victims to this chaotic jam

Yesterday’s traffic, due to yesteryear’s data

Quote:
The road to hell, they say, is paved with good intentions. And on Tuesday morning, motorists heading into the Central Business District (CBD) could be forgiven for thinking that the road to hell was exactly what they were on. And let's face it there were good intentions behind the major traffic snarls that gripped roads leading to CBD.
The Bangalore Traffic police had turned all signals on to auto mode to test the effect it had on peak hour traffic, but boy did they get it wrong.
According to police sources, a survey on vehicle flow was last conducted a year ago. Since then the traffic situation has changed drastically as the number of vehicles on roads has risen, many roads have become one-ways, etc. The auto timers have been fixed based on the old survey, and have not been updated.
http://www.bangaloremirror.com/banga.../46193092.cms?
Captain Slow is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th February 2015, 11:16   #7637
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveenroy View Post
Well, I was only given the generic BBMP Control Room number - 080 22975803.
And started off - called and informed. Will continue doing so. Hopefully you guys can also call and complain about the Silkboard flyover and lets see what happens.

I am gonna do it daily.
naveenroy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th February 2015, 12:13   #7638
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpksuhas View Post
They have dug up the road for drainage work. As usual they did the same soon after re-tarring work on Yemalur junction - Domlur section was done.

I did see the excavator but was lucky not to get stuck here last week. Since then I have stuck to Marathalli road.
Has this been patched up now ?
Old 11th February 2015, 12:26   #7639
Senior - BHPian

Now ITPL road from Hope Farm towards ITPL is being dug up for laying pipe. Luckily they are seem to be doing it early in the morning. Now about 700 mts is dug up and closed resulting in 1 lane becoming unusable.
Old 11th February 2015, 15:14   #7640
Distinguished - BHPian

Not my day. Garbage truck overturned just at Banerghatta Hosur Road crossing probably shortly back. Cannot understand how though! Please avoid. Terrible congestion and BG road currently one way towards MG Road.
Attached Thumbnails
Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-20150211_150514.jpg  

Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-20150211_150518.jpg  

Old 11th February 2015, 15:49   #7641
Distinguished - BHPian

Assume he took a speedy turn from Hosur Road - Silk Board side and promptly overturned. I just hope that some poor two wheeler rider is not underneath it. Did not see any ambulance on the scene although lot of locals and cops.
Old 11th February 2015, 18:42   #7642
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pramodpk View Post
Now ITPL road from Hope Farm towards ITPL is being dug up for laying pipe. Luckily they are seem to be doing it early in the morning. Now about 700 mts is dug up and closed resulting in 1 lane becoming unusable.
This digging exercise is an extension from the Varthur Kodi. They have dug up the entire stretch from Varthur Kodi to Hope farm. Some other agency had dug up the Forum Value side last month and now they are digging the other side. 1 lane is unusable both the sides of the road now . The Forum Value mall side digging is continuing towards the direction of Kundalahalli.
Old 12th February 2015, 09:17   #7643
Senior - BHPian

Any idea what happened at the underpass near Jayadeva Flyover.
I could see cars turning around and facing in the wrong direction and blocking the road.
This is opposite Gopalan Mall.
Old 12th February 2015, 09:23   #7644
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Is everyone going to their workplaces at the same time today around the Whitefield area ?

There was slow moving choc-a-block traffic all the way from Bhoruka signal till Hoodi and beyond.
As usual traffic seems to go into a standstill mode for no apparent reason It's just another day in Paradise!
Old 12th February 2015, 09:30   #7645
Senior - BHPian

Absolutely no traffic on the way to office. Reached EC from lalbagh via madiwala in 40 mins after starting at 8:10 from home.
Old 12th February 2015, 11:43   #7646
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
There was slow moving choc-a-block traffic all the way from Bhoruka signal till Hoodi and beyond.
My work day starts early, at 7am and I was stuck in a jam just before Zuri. Culprit was a Indica cab but I don't blame the cab driver this time around. Mission Dig created yet another deep rut in the road and this was a bad one. It is clear the car hit that rut, broke its right front axle and damaged the sump cause there was oil all over the place. The jam started a little before the BP petrol bump, at the point where you have a bus stop and a break in the median. As usual, seeing the jam up ahead, traffic starting to use the on coming lane to head towards Zuri only to be sent back as there was a mass of traffic heading right at them. There was a Tata 407 to tow the Indica though I don't know how they managed it.

Quote:
Now ITPL road from Hope Farm towards ITPL is being dug up for laying pipe.
Oh yeah. Your air filter, cabin filter is sure to get choked with the dust kicked up by vehicles. Worse if you are behind a Volvo city bus. It was a different scene yesterday evening as I was heading home. Someone poured water on the dug up section so while it took care of dust, it was like a slush fest in rainy weather.

Last edited by sandeepmohan : 12th February 2015 at 12:09.
Old 12th February 2015, 22:37   #7647
Senior - BHPian

Stuck in a traffic jam from 20 mins in btm at this time of night!! :(
Old 13th February 2015, 09:51   #7648
Senior - BHPian

Looks like there will be some relief for Whitefielders.

Whitefield gets Rs 55-cr BBMP boost

http://www.bangaloremirror.com/banga.../46221450.cms?
Old 13th February 2015, 10:20   #7649
BHPian

Quote:
Looks like there will be some relief for Whitefielders.

Whitefield gets Rs 55-cr BBMP boost

http://www.bangaloremirror.com/banga.../46221450.cms?
I do hope this brings out relief, but the devil is in the details.All the talk is about "improving" which in the past has shown means filling potholes some clean up etc and within a few days the telcos or water authorities will dig up the roads.The main issue is the size of the road viz the traffic density on them.There needs to be new roads planned.There are only 2 inlets and outlets for people coming to Whitefield,there needs to be at least 2 more roads that needs to be planned and developed.Public transportation projects like the rail project needs to be implemented.The underpass is a way to make money for the contractors as has been seen in various other corridors that have been planned viz.Hosur road underpass,Mekhri circle are classic examples.
Old 13th February 2015, 11:55   #7650
Senior - BHPian

Yesterday, I was on my bike near Old Airport Road. I was travelling just behind the gap between an auto on the left and a car on the right. The gap was too narrow for me to try and overtake. So, I stayed behind. Behind me, to my right, I could see a zig-zagging moron on a bike looking to overtake me in the gap between me and the car! I saw it as too narrow and a risk and closed the gap to avoid any accident due to his stupidity. Still, he kept inching forward, and by now, I had enough space on the left to move for him, I moved over and waved at him to go forward. The imbecile took the offer, then showed me the finger after going past me! I was livid, the earlier gap had increased due to this biker's overtaking and I was able to overtake them as well. I caught up to him and gave him the choicest of words. He had a blank look on his face before he went away. What stupidity fills our roads, God alone know.s

Also, as expected, the Crossover Bridge before Marathahalli Bridge, near ORR is barely used by pedestrians. They are too lazy to take the stairs or walk 25m-50m to it and cross safely. They still end up squeezing themselves between vehicles.

OT: What is that bridge to cross called? I can't seem to recollect!

EDIT: Seems to be skywalk. Which is what I had thought initially!

Last edited by ashwin.terminat : 13th February 2015 at 12:01.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks