Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd March 2015, 13:23   #7801
Team-BHP Support

Re: Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation

Quote:
Originally Posted by meetbadri View Post
I believe its only rain which caused more traffic in Bangalore. I usually travel to Ecospace during early morning at around 6 AM. Because of today's rain I almost took 25 Minutes from Agara Lake to Ecospace.
I work next door, I did not even bother, I went to the office we have in town. My colleague from Kanakpura Road took 2 hours
ajmat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd March 2015, 13:39   #7802
MCR
BHPian

I was expecting the Chaos! I started from RR nagar at 7.45AM and decided to take the NICE road from PES till Electronics city. I took the Jail road afterwards towards Sarjapur road and took right into Bellandur. Was at Ecospace exactly @ 8.30AM. A distance of around 40kms in 45 Minutes!
Old 3rd March 2015, 14:09   #7803
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashwin.terminat View Post

What a responsible representative.
Responsible? I do not think he or for that matter any one of his ministers have it.

BTW.. he is not wearing a seat belt either. Will any of the traffic policemen DARE to fine him?

Last edited by ILTDrive : 3rd March 2015 at 14:10.
Old 3rd March 2015, 14:17   #7804
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post
I work next door, I did not even bother, I went to the office we have in town. My colleague from Kanakpura Road took 2 hours
I do agree with you. But just think how much would it frustrate that from Vijaynagar till Agara Lake I took almost same time from Agara Lake to EcoSpace that too very early in the morning.
Old 3rd March 2015, 15:10   #7805
BHPian

Why does this always happen. A bit of rain and Bangalore stands still. Crazy! Had a very hectic drive earlier today and now I dread what's going to happen in the evening.
Old 3rd March 2015, 15:26   #7806
Senior - BHPian

News of an ex army person being thrashed by a traffic police inspector in Bangalore for shifting a road barricade so an ambulance could escape a jam.
Whole scene was recorded by someone and being replayed on news channels.
Hope the senseless inspector gets suspended and thank God for mobile cameras.
Old 3rd March 2015, 16:38   #7807
Distinguished - BHPian

Just saw the Video-

• The man in all probability wanted to help the ambulance that was stuck
  • If anyone watches the video, they would notice how patiently the Samaritan dealt with the arrogant cop despite of receiving couple of blows or being physically abused by the officer on duty
  • The same cop may have moved that barricade to make way for Ambulance may be some other day (or may have done it before too)
  • Not even one from the crowd came to help or even request the cops having seen this entire episode through their eyes (He wasn't a Goon committing a murder in broad day light)

Sad state of affairs on our roads these days!!

Like you said - Thank that Mobile device that captured this.

Last edited by paragsachania : 3rd March 2015 at 16:42.
paragsachania is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 3rd March 2015, 17:02   #7808
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
Just saw the Video-

Like you said - Thank that Mobile device that captured this.
especially on the last point. If not others, atleast the person recording the whole incident could have gone to the cop and supported the good samaritan by showing the recording of him making way for the ambulance instead of standing at the same location for the whole duration and recording the tamasha afterwards.

Nowadays, any incident on the road (accident, fights etc), the first thing everyone does is to take out a mobile and record it rather than check if anyone needs help

Last edited by addyhemmige : 3rd March 2015 at 17:03. Reason: Removed video from quote
addyhemmige is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd March 2015, 17:07   #7809
Senior - BHPian

Did all the vehicles drive through the gap after the ambulance?

I am not sure why in this country anybody goes ahead and touches the other guy easily (whether its cops are others). Wouldn't call it thrashing, but it was despicable behaviour by the cop.
Old 3rd March 2015, 17:55   #7810
Senior - BHPian

The errant traffic sub inspector has been suspended after the video went viral.Nothing would have happened in the absence of the video. This has badly dented the image of BTP.

Last edited by sdp1975 : 3rd March 2015 at 17:58.
sdp1975 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd March 2015, 18:02   #7811
Distinguished - BHPian

That cop deservers suspension on two counts.

1. First not being at the place to clear the ambulance
2. His behaviour with the person who helped make way for the ambulance.
nkrishnap is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd March 2015, 19:30   #7812
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srishiva View Post
Yes everyone so easily crossed the median (which was prohibited) after the ambulance left and no one even bothered to tell the cop the reality.

In the end, the guy asks the constable to tell the SI the reality. But I don't think he'd have said anything against the SI

Quote:
I am not sure why in this country anybody goes ahead and touches the other guy easily (whether its cops are others). Wouldn't call it thrashing, but it was despicable behaviour by the cop.
+1

Quote:
Originally Posted by addyhemmige View Post
If not others, atleast the person recording the whole incident could have gone to the cop and supported the good samaritan by showing the recording of him making way for the ambulance instead of standing at the same location for the whole duration and recording the tamasha afterwards.
But if hadn't recorded the tamasha, the SI couldn't have been suspended now (heard on TV that he is suspended).
Its a different matter that his suspension may be revoked soon depending on his influence.

Last edited by hemanth.anand : 3rd March 2015 at 19:36.
hemanth.anand is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd March 2015, 19:54   #7813
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srishiva View Post
This is the (in)famous Cauvery junction. There, the policeman 'judiciously' uses the rope to let traffic from Windsor Manor bridge towards Mekri circle. Surprised to see that policeman didn't let the ambulance in this case. Heard from friend that in fact the ambulance driver had requested the person on cycle to remove the rope.
Old 4th March 2015, 10:42   #7814
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkrishnap
That cop deservers suspension on two counts.
1. First not being at the place to clear the ambulance
Nope. A traffic police officer is not a magician/astrologer to figure out an ambulance is expected to pop-up at a specific location at a specific time. So before stating that "he was not being at the place", have we figured out if he was even aware of this? Generally when ambulances move, the traffic police informs the points ahead on the wireless. This happens generally for 108 ambulances. And when there is a "heart transport" or some thing similar, this is even more better planned. Before we criticise him on this aspect, are we sure that he was informed over the wireless, and still he did not budge?
Quote:
2. His behaviour with the person who helped make way for the ambulance.
Agreed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemanth.anand
Yes everyone so easily crossed the median (which was prohibited) after the ambulance left and no one even bothered to tell the cop the reality.
We are talking about suspending the cop, which is already done. But what do we do with the so called great & smart driver community in Bengaluru? Let me tell you, this city has become such a messy place that if murder was not an offence, people would have killed others if it can help them reach their destination 5 mins early.

Quote:
Originally Posted by srishiva
I am not sure why in this country anybody goes ahead and touches the other guy easily (whether its cops are others).
We should be lucky that our police men are not armed to the teeth. Just see how the police behaves with citizens in countries like US. One Grand-pa from India learnt it the hard way :( . There it is not even touching, it is solid punches or even worse firing bullets.
sachinpk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th March 2015, 11:17   #7815
BHPian

Well, look at it this way. If the traffic person was not informed about the ambulance, it is a failing of the police to begin with. When they are so proactive in making sure that VIP's cars are allowed a free run at the cost of the "mango" people, the least the police can do is to make sure that they are proactive for ambulances as well. Just saying that he didnt get the message makes no sense.
mav2000 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks