Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th March 2015, 15:54   #7861
BHPian

Re: Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soumyajit9 View Post
And I am hunting property there.....
You obviously haven't heard about the Namma Metro "work" that's coming up in the near future....... in Whitefield. Might take just a decade or so to finish up after they start is the general consensus among the colleagues here.

We have already started learning new superlative expletives to describe the upcoming "organized chaos".
vinjosep is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 15th March 2015, 10:32   #7862
Distinguished - BHPian

Guys, for people going from Hebbal towards Yelahanka or Dodhballabhpur Road, please do not take the first flyover from Esteem Mall as both exits to the service road have been closed off. Please stay on the service road from Esteem Mall itself.

There were terrible jams yesterday when NHAI suddenly closed the remaining one off!
Attached Thumbnails
Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-20150315-10.26.43.png  

itwasntme is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 15th March 2015, 12:04   #7863
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
Guys, for people going from Hebbal towards Yelahanka or Dodhballabhpur Road, please do not take the first flyover from Esteem Mall as both exits to the service road have been closed off. Please stay on the service road from Esteem Mall itself.

There were terrible jams yesterday when NHAI suddenly closed the remaining one off!
Woah I was wondering when this would happen. Even during the Aero India week I was quite nervous when I went on the flyover even though there were boards indicating to take the service road. Has the Railway underbridge near yelahanka been completed to accomodate the service road? I guess the days of using the elevated expressway for free to reach yelahanka is gone
Old 15th March 2015, 13:28   #7864
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
Woah I was wondering when this would happen. Even during the Aero India week I was quite nervous when I went on the flyover even though there were boards indicating to take the service road. Has the Railway underbridge near yelahanka been completed to accomodate the service road? I guess the days of using the elevated expressway for free to reach yelahanka is gone
Left side done towards Airport. Right side stagnant towards city.
Old 16th March 2015, 16:34   #7865
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post

UPDATE: Seems the barriers have been dismantled but still lying around on the side! So the exit is open for now at least.
itwasntme is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th March 2015, 07:59   #7866
BHPian

!!! Alert - Better avoid the ORR-Graphite India connecting road via Big Basket Warehouse / ACC Cements !!!

One lane of the road was dug-up near Big Basket warehouse and it took me 30 mins (by 7 AM) to cross this stretch. It could only get worse during peak traffic.

Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-google_maps.png
drivingme.crazy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th March 2015, 10:53   #7867
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drivingme.crazy View Post
!!! Alert - Better avoid the ORR-Graphite India connecting road via Big Basket Warehouse / ACC Cements !!!

One lane of the road was dug-up near Big Basket warehouse and it took me 30 mins (by 7 AM) to cross this stretch. It could only get worse during peak traffic.

Attachment 1350425
I saw this late. Was stuck here for over an hour.Not sure how it is now but there is no way I am taking this road till someone tells me its all right.

First the road was dug up, then our great Bangaloreans decide that lets make multiple lanes on that road and create a complete mess. There were 3 lanes merging into one and 2 lanes from the other end - 5 lanes merging to just one. Absolute nuts!

PS. Just heard from a collegue she is stuck at ORR near ISRO and the jam starts from there.

Last edited by pratyush6 : 17th March 2015 at 11:02.
Old 17th March 2015, 13:12   #7868
Senior - BHPian

I had a horrid ride from my place to office today.

17km took me around 1 hour 45 minutes.

Got stuck in 4 jams.

2 before Brand Factory U-Turn mess.
Then the Brand Factory U-Turn
Then Marathahalli Bridge all the way upto Kundalahalli gate(which has been jammed for the past 2 days now!)

Finally on Nellurahalli Road, which is essentially a 1 way until the BWSSB work is completed.

And wearing a riding jacket along with riding gloves and with a balaclava did not help!

If BTP is unable to sort of existing jams, they shouldn't end up creating new ones! :(

Last edited by ashwin.terminat : 17th March 2015 at 13:14.
Old 17th March 2015, 13:21   #7869
Team-BHP Support

What the hell are these BBMP idiots trying to do on Residency Road? They've dug up the whole right side near the School district for months now, and are expanding the footpath to 2 lanes (?). With (barely) 3 lanes now open to traffic, they'd blocked one today by parking a BWSSB truck at rush hour. The jam started right from the Shantinagar TTMC all the way up to Brigade Road, took nearly an hour to cross.
Chetan_Rao is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th March 2015, 14:40   #7870
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chetan_Rao View Post
What the hell are these BBMP idiots trying to do on Residency Road? They've dug up the whole right side near the School district for months now, and are expanding the footpath to 2 lanes (?). With (barely) 3 lanes now open to traffic, they'd blocked one today by parking a BWSSB truck at rush hour. The jam started right from the Shantinagar TTMC all the way up to Brigade Road, took nearly an hour to cross.
These BBMP clowns are upto stupidity all across that area.

Even St. Mark's Road.

The footpath seems wider than the road! I don't understand which imbecile was behind this hare-brained plan. Instead of making people's lives easier, it is just going to get tougher going forward as the number of people in vehicles increases and the number of people on foot decreases.
Old 17th March 2015, 14:44   #7871
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashwin.terminat View Post
These BBMP clowns are upto stupidity all across that area.

Even St. Mark's Road.

The footpath seems wider than the road! I don't understand which imbecile was behind this hare-brained plan. Instead of making people's lives easier, it is just going to get tougher going forward as the number of people in vehicles increases and the number of people on foot decreases.
This would have been a nice idea on roads like Brigade road or commercial road with heavy pedestrian movement. But St Marks road, Residency road etc are mostly devoid of pedestrians.
Old 17th March 2015, 14:45   #7872
Distinguished - BHPian

The widening of footpaths for the TenderSure project and the pain we go through .

Have narrated pictorially over here.
Old 17th March 2015, 20:01   #7873
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashwin.terminat View Post
Finally on Nellurahalli Road, which is essentially a 1 way until the BWSSB work is completed.
It'll be a one way even after the work is completed. Such will be the condition of the patch work that will be done after their work is completed. Idiots are not sparing even a single road in Whitefield area. They have dug up all the arterial and main roads for water and drinage pipes. These days it takes atleast 30 minutes to enter/exit EPIP zone from Whitefield side. Didn't the so called tech hub (!?) have proper water and drainage systems until now?

I drive for 40 km before reaching Whitefield and the car will be sparkling clean. The last 2-3 km drive inside Whitefield makes the car appear as though it has just done an off-road trial. I just can't imagine the plight of the residents who live in that dusty conditions.

Last edited by guyfrmblr : 17th March 2015 at 20:07.
Old 17th March 2015, 20:15   #7874
Senior - BHPian

BWSSB has got some money from the recent hike in water tariffs. They then go digging all around Bangalore. The roads I drive on - next to BTM lake and Yemlur road have been dug up. Of course they don't even bother to patch up after creating the mess.

The worst area is behind BTM lake . Every time with the rains , the goo and poo from the overflowing manholes come out stinking on the roads. They bring in bulldozers and other machines to fix the mess but within a few weeks it's back to square one.

This is one city where the planning happens after development.
sdp1975 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th March 2015, 00:39   #7875
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp1975 View Post
BWSSB has got some money from the recent hike in water tariffs. They then go digging all around Bangalore. The roads I drive on - next to BTM lake and Yemlur road have been dug up. Of course they don't even bother to patch up after creating the mess.

The worst area is behind BTM lake . Every time with the rains , the goo and poo from the overflowing manholes come out stinking on the roads. They bring in bulldozers and other machines to fix the mess but within a few weeks it's back to square one.

This is one city where the planning happens after development.
The road behind BTM Lake Road is gone since 2 months now. No hopes in the near future. Even though this is one of the busiest roads connecting Bannerghatta road !!
The BTM Lake road is also gone, from the masjid onwards.
The road is now a single lane, and the footpath is double lane

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks