Team-BHP > Street Experiences

Search this Thread
Old 29th March 2015, 11:24   #7936
Senior - BHPian

Re: Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation

Bad news Bangaloreans,

Avoid Borewell road for next few days. Digging has been started on Nallurahalli junction and ITPL road has been blocked.

Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-11053548_10205195429938795_5501236482615046807_o.jpg

I'm a goner tomorrow. I used to really cut down on the amount of time I take to reach work thanks to Nallurahalli Road. With that gone, back to Graphite India for me. :(
ashwin.terminat is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 30th March 2015, 07:04   #7937
Senior - BHPian

Saw this update from BTP - avoid old airport road till noon.
Quote:
Good Morning Friends:
Today ( Monday) morning there will be Pallakki Utsav of Kodandarameshwaera Temple at Domlur. More than 40 Pallakkis and large number of people are going to participates from different temples of Domlur. So it may hinder free flow of traffic on Old air port road from ASC center to Domlur flyover and vice verse.Road users of Old air port road are advised to avoid till 12-00 noon and they can use Old Madras road and Cambridge road as an alternate routes.
Old 30th March 2015, 08:08   #7938
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashwin.terminat View Post
Bad news Bangaloreans,

Avoid Borewell road for next few days. Digging has been started on Nallurahalli junction and ITPL road has been blocked.
I'm a goner tomorrow. I used to really cut down on the amount of time I take to reach work thanks to Nallurahalli Road. With that gone, back to Graphite India for me. :(
Is this the junction where Borewell road and Nallurahalli road (from Shell bunk) meet ?
Old 30th March 2015, 08:53   #7939
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soumyajit9 View Post
Is this the junction where Borewell road and Nallurahalli road (from Shell bunk) meet ?
Looks like it. Just got this update:
Quote:
"Nellur Halli circle is BLOCKED due to BWSSB work. Do not under any circumstances try driving through via Shell"
ashwin.terminat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th March 2015, 09:44   #7940
Senior - BHPian

BJP national executive meet in city from April 2. VVIPs like Modi , Jaitley and Swaraj will be in the city. Traffic chaos expected.

Source
Old 30th March 2015, 09:50   #7941
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soumyajit9 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashwin.terminat View Post
Looks like it. Just got this update:
Yes. It was blocked yesterday also. This morning my friend told me that the road towards Vydehi is also blocked.
Old 30th March 2015, 09:53   #7942
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp1975 View Post
BJP national executive meet in city from April 2. VVIPs like Modi , Jaitley and Swaraj will be in the city. Traffic chaos expected.

Source
Our PM knows how Bengalurians suffer everyday anyway that he's thought about being considerate enough not to put public to hardship .
paragsachania is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th March 2015, 10:31   #7943
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Source
Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
Our PM knows how Bengalurians suffer everyday anyway that he's thought about being considerate enough not to put public to hardship .
You should be happy because whatever road they travel in will get a fresh coat of tar Although how long will it hold is anyone's guess
SunnyBoi is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 30th March 2015, 11:03   #7944
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pramodpk View Post
Yes. It was blocked yesterday also. This morning my friend told me that the road towards Vydehi is also blocked.
I didn't even go through this road to check because if it was blocked as they said it was, I would have to take a U-Turn, go straight through Kundalahalli Gate, cross Marathahalli Bridge and then take a U-Turn near Brand Factory just to take the route to Graphite India!

I felt it was preferable not to chance such a thing and just came through Graphite India. Took me twice the amount of time I usually take from Kundalahalli Gate to Vydehi through Nallurahalli, though.
Old 30th March 2015, 11:49   #7945
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
April 2nd is Monte Thursday. Don't know if government establishments etc. have a holiday then. Banks have it. BJP executive is on 2nd and 3rd, and 3rd is again a public holiday - Good Friday.

The area where all these folks are camping is in Central Bangalore - near Raj Bhawan and Golf course. Other areas may not see much problems.
Old 30th March 2015, 21:58   #7946
Senior - BHPian

A small little update on the Nallurahalli, Borewell Road situation.

Bikes can still use this stretch. The only point is, they will need to take a diversion at the point where the two roads meet. There is a small lane behind the temple at that junction that you can use to go towards Vydehi.

I followed the reverse route today to come back from office and it worked out well.

People in cars are out of luck though.
Old 31st March 2015, 07:59   #7947
Senior - BHPian

MAJOR TRAFFIC ALERT

Tipper truck breakdown, with a broken link road (the rod that connects to the axle). Don't expect it can be moved to the roadside.

Location: Bang in the middle, at the start of Intel flyover towards Marathalli. Expect pile up till Agara atleast !

Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-location.jpg

Last edited by Soumyajit9 : 31st March 2015 at 08:08. Reason: added mspaint drawing
Old 31st March 2015, 08:01   #7948
Senior - BHPian

A tipper truck has got stranded in middle lane right at the foot of the Ecospace flyover. It's just broken the prop-shaft, so I guess (and hope) it'll get towed away soon.
Old 31st March 2015, 08:05   #7949
Senior - BHPian

There's BWSSB digging happening on both sides of the road near Manipal Hospital - in front of the BPCL pump towards HAL, and in front of Intel towards the city. I predict chaos.
Old 31st March 2015, 08:36   #7950
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by silversteed View Post
A tipper truck has got stranded in middle lane right at the foot of the Ecospace flyover. It's just broken the prop-shaft, so I guess (and hope) it'll get towed away soon.
I passed by it at 8:15, going to bad morning for vehicles on ORR today. :-(

Most Viewed