Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th May 2015, 16:47   #8236
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
I took the Mekhri circle-Yeshwanthpur-ISKCON-Chord Route road and it was only traffic, traffic and more traffic
Welcome to this side of the mess called North Bangalore. Hebbal is the front runner for now followed by Mekhri Circle but the IISc-Yeshwantpur will soon give a tough time (After the right turn ban for Mathikere).

Quote:
then from Sadashivanagar Police Station, all the way to Yeshwanthpur it was just not moving (is it like this always ?I dread to even imagine how the weekday scenes will be like here!). Almost entire traffic was waiting to take the service road to go below the flyover at Yeshwanthpur *surprising*
Yes the situation is exactly like that on weekends round the clock barring late nights but on weekdays it is restricted to peak hours only.

I often drive from Vidyaranyapura to Orion Mall and take the Yeshwanpur Main road to reach the Traffic Signal below the flyover and turn right for Orion/Metro.

Quote:
And after I took the ramp towards ISKCON, again there was very very slow moving traffic all the way till the industrial estate. Despite several underpasses and flyovers having been constructed on this stretch just did not seem to help. We took 2.5 hours to reach the hall
Blame this on folks trying to enter and exit Orion and Metro Cash & Carry.

Sometimes, traffic moves faster below the flyover as everyone takes the flyover .
Old 25th May 2015, 23:14   #8237
BHPian

Just met with an accident at horamavu underpass on ORR while taking a turn towards K.R.Puram from horamavu side. Two drunkards biker guys slammed hard front brakes while coming from wrong side of the service lane towards the signal. They skidded for almost 20m and slammed there bike in NHC zx and damaged the front bumper on left side and the fog lamps. It was a shock. The whole front bumper plastic came out and is damaged beyond repairs. Those guys ran away and I am left with a naked car. I dont know how much Tata AIG insurance guys will pay for a 9 yr old car. 10k "ka chuna" I guess.
Old 25th May 2015, 23:42   #8238
Senior - BHPian

It just had to happen.

St. Mark's road dug up on Friday apparently by BWSSB.

Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-25_05_2015_001_057_002.jpg

Why? They "forgot" to connect an old water pipeline under the road to the new one under the footpath.

What a criminal waste of taxpayers' money.

How difficult can it be for BWSSB and BBMP to sit together one day and decide when the BWSSB plans on digging up the road post which BBMP can lay a new road?
ashwin.terminat is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 26th May 2015, 12:20   #8239
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashwin.terminat View Post
St. Mark's road dug up on Friday apparently by BWSSB.
How difficult can it be for BWSSB and BBMP to sit together one day and decide when the BWSSB plans on digging up the road post which BBMP can lay a new road?
Well, well this is not the first time nor will it be the last time
Almost everywhere in Bangalore over the past several years this has happened - BBMP relays/repairs the road and within just a few days, the BWSSB guys land up to dig it Saw this on the Graphite and Hoodi Roads as well last week. Tax payers ? These guys just don't care and Coordination is not even a word in their dictionary, sad state!
Old 26th May 2015, 12:50   #8240
BHPian

Does anyone know the reason for the huge traffic on the marathalli underpass at 9-9:30 PM yesterday, Heading towards koramangala, I was stuck there for 1 hour.

Finally took a U-turn at the exit of the underpass and reached koramangala via old airport road.
Old 26th May 2015, 19:20   #8241
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Bean View Post
Does anyone know the reason for the huge traffic on the marathalli underpass at 9-9:30 PM yesterday.
As far as I saw it, it was down to a gridlock near Ezone where you can take a left to enter Munnekolala. Saw huge lines of vehicles waiting to enter/exit.
The block was indeed frustrating, but as a regular there I expect it all the time.
Old 27th May 2015, 07:10   #8242
BHPian

There was a Accident early morning at 6:30 AM at the first speed breaker before the Bellandur Flyover (in front of Salarpuria Softzone/IOC Bunk).

An Indica cab missed the speed breaker and rammed into a swift. Surprisinly there was not much damage to swift except for the rear bumper, there was a huge dent on Indica. Smoke and coolant was pouring out of the engine bay.

Unfortunately the swift was heading to a wedding and was all decorated with flower and greetings.

Now, a young girl who was in the front passenger seat (may be the bride herself judging from the dress) jumped out of the swift, ran to indica, caught the driver and gave a mouth full before her father and brother could react. Way to go Girl

Regards
Old 27th May 2015, 07:25   #8243
Senior - BHPian

Saw this toppled truck this morning at 6:15am. The truck has toppled right at the entrance of the Nagawara flyover towards Banaswadi. Unlikely that it will be cleared before 10am. Be ready for some massive traffic hold up today along the ORR.

Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-img_20150527_0614401.jpg
rjstyles69 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th May 2015, 09:06   #8244
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjstyles69 View Post
Saw this toppled truck this morning at 6:15am. The truck has toppled right at the entrance of the Nagawara flyover towards Banaswadi. Unlikely that it will be cleared before 10am. Be ready for some massive traffic hold up today along the ORR.
I wish I saw this before leaving home! The pile-up had started right from Manyata entrance. Anyway. the good thing is, when I passed by this spot, the truck was standing on it's wheels and was all set to be towed by the crane.

The positive effect was, relatively lesser pile-up at Tin factory and Total mall junctions further ahead.
Old 27th May 2015, 09:10   #8245
Team-BHP Support

The ORR in Bellandur is chock a block today towards Marathahalli. Reason, a Tempo Traveller hit the flyover entrance today at speed and skidded, blocking two lanes
Old 27th May 2015, 09:32   #8246
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post
The ORR in Bellandur is chock a block today towards Marathahalli. Reason, a Tempo Traveller hit the flyover entrance today at speed and skidded, blocking two lanes
Fortunately, I travel in the opposite direction towards silk board.
When I crossed that spot at around 8:15 AM, they were trying to remove the tempo using a crane.
And traffic on the lane towards whitefield was jammed all the way to the signal in between the HSR flyover and silk board.
Old 27th May 2015, 09:53   #8247
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post
Just heard from a friend that a crane has moved the truck that was obstructing traffic. But, in the meantime, the effect of this was already felt near the Silk Board junction
Old 27th May 2015, 10:25   #8248
Senior - BHPian

Looks like work from home was a good decision. Everytime I work from home there is a major traffic pile up or heavy rains leading to the same
Old 27th May 2015, 10:46   #8249
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Bean View Post
Does anyone know the reason for the huge traffic on the marathalli underpass at 9-9:30 PM yesterday, Heading towards koramangala, I was stuck there for 1 hour.
Bengaluru doesn't need a reason for traffic jam

Jokes apart, entire ORR is awesome, but I find the impatience of people followed by so many unwanted entry & exits through the service roads are causing big mess all the way from Silkboard junction up to KR Puram. Hell!! even at DRDO junction, which is like a stadium there's traffic jams.

All this combined with the poor job by traffic police; half the time I see them standing aimless just watching the traffic or whenever there's a jam, there's no policeman around the scene.
Old 27th May 2015, 11:15   #8250
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aargee View Post
All this combined with the poor job by traffic police; half the time I see them standing aimless just watching the traffic or whenever there's a jam, there's no policeman around the scene.
It's not the case always pal. Last evening along the ORR at the Hennur underpass a truck lost control and rammed into the wall of the underpass on the right. As usual one we had the fair share of nincompoops honking away to glory, cutting lanes and trying to squeeze in et all simply adding in to the traffic jam.

2 constables from BTP came over and did a wonderful job of ensuring free flow of traffic by closing off the right lane completely at the entrance of the underpass and diverting motorists to use the center and the left lanes.
rjstyles69 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks