Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st July 2015, 14:30   #8671
Senior - BHPian

Re: Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation

The "rolling on the road" news (above) should be posted to the Karnataka RTO v/s non-KA vehicles thread as well . That would give lots of people ideas. One RTO jeep at the junction with lots of drivers/owners doing the Shayana Pradakshina in the vicinity. Hope this motorist was taken to the police station. They would have cured him of his disease of stripping down, when they place him inside the lock up with nothing but the undies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorqueyTechie
There was an accident today at around 11 : 30 AM on the EC elevated highway. Traffic was blocked for good 20 mins. Any body have information about the accident? Hope nobody was seriously injured.
There was also a planned movement of heart for a heart transplant from Columbia Asia hospital to Narayana Hrudayalaya. Saw some facebook post about the same.

Last edited by sachinpk : 31st July 2015 at 14:33.
sachinpk is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st July 2015, 14:33   #8672
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by msdivy View Post

Haha, I am rolling on the floor laughing, even after 5 minutes of reading this! Oh man, the things pepole do to wiggle out of paying fines!
Old 31st July 2015, 14:34   #8673
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorqueyTechie View Post
There was an accident today at around 11 : 30 AM on the EC elevated highway. Traffic was blocked for good 20 mins. Any body have information about the accident? Hope nobody was seriously injured.
Got this pic from a colleague who clicked the pic. No idea how it happened. The guy standing is not the driver but the BETL guy.

Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-img_20150731_110148195.jpg
Vid6639 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st July 2015, 16:28   #8674
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sachinpk View Post
There was also a planned movement of heart for a heart transplant from Columbia Asia hospital to Narayana Hrudayalaya. Saw some facebook post about the same.
The planned movement was for noon. I heard it on the way too. Good thing by BTP to communicate via all types of social media.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
Got this pic from a colleague who clicked the pic. No idea how it happened.
Looking at the accident site I was thinking it must be a big accident as lot of oil spillage as well as glass pieces strewn around. From the pic it looks like a high speed crash. Hope nobody was injured.
Old 31st July 2015, 16:39   #8675
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sachinpk View Post
I was at ASC getting service done for my car and around 2PM and while was standing out waiting for my friend to pick me up, I see a highway Patrol Vehicle with siren, followed by 2 Traffic Police Boleros and then a Tempo Traveler Ambulance and then another Bolero.

This was enough to guess that it was once again another exercise by BTP to clear way for the Ambulance. So I am guessing that this would be same that you are referring as Narayana Hrudayala is the only prime hospital that exists beyond EC.
Old 31st July 2015, 16:52   #8676
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
So I am guessing that this would be same that you are referring as Narayana Hrudayala is the only prime hospital that exists beyond EC.
Yes the live heart was transported from Columbia Asia, Hebbal to Narayana Hrudayalaya, EC.
TorqueyTechie is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st July 2015, 22:50   #8677
BHPian

One down pour and bangalore chokes! Took me 2 hours from Dell to hsr! It's not so much the water logging but the lack of lane discipline, everyone wants to inch into any gap and the bikes just go gung-ho from left to right in between cars. Buses, cabs and autos don't have a perspective of the slot and the size of their vehicle! They assume if the bike went through they can surely fit! Grrrrr! Bangalore traffic extremely frustrating!

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 1st August 2015 at 09:35. Reason: Typo.
Old 3rd August 2015, 12:06   #8678
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinP View Post
One down pour and bangalore chokes! Took me 2 hours from Dell to hsr! It's not so much the water logging but the lack of lane discipline, everyone wants to inch into any gap and the bikes just go gung-ho from left to right in between cars. Buses, cabs and autos don't have a perspective of the slot and the size of their vehicle! They assume if the bike went through they can surely fit! Grrrrr! Bangalore traffic extremely frustrating!
Welcome to India's IT capital. Its a national shame. Many times foreign visitors talk about it and we have nothing to counter this. The traffic and poor road conditions are often ridiculed and we can do nothing but hang our heads in shame.
Old 3rd August 2015, 23:17   #8679
Senior - BHPian

I saw a private bus that looked to have turned on its side today just after Vydehi while going towards Graphite.

People had gathered around and were trying to help.

I am assuming this created a jam for vehicles heading through Vydehi towards Graphite India signal.

I think the cause of the accident was an attempt at taking a sharp right hander gone wrong owing to higher speeds.

Anyone who passed by this has any updates?
ashwin.terminat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th August 2015, 08:36   #8680
BHPian

Tata Sumo with a broken Axle outside the fire service station on Bannerghatta road. It happened at 7.30AM this morning. Expect traffic snarls there

Shyam
Old 4th August 2015, 09:25   #8681
Distinguished - BHPian

A (school?) procession wound its way through Kasturba Road heading towards UB City this morning at 0845 and totally snarled up traffic on both sides. Managed to spot it and get out just in time.
Old 4th August 2015, 12:44   #8682
BHPian

How horrible can the stretch from Marathalli Bridge towards HAL get? I'm yet to know as the last remains of the road vanishes. Because of this the traffic at any time of the day is chaotic. Add to that the bus stop which is right at the bridge junction

If only I had permission the re-lay the road, I would get permission off work to do it myself
Old 4th August 2015, 13:31   #8683
BHPian

Does anyone know if the road which connects HSR layout to Harlur road (the road through Vibgyor School) is fixed? about two months back it was beyond horrible.
Old 4th August 2015, 13:51   #8684
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bharat4ever View Post
Does anyone know if the road which connects HSR layout to Harlur road (the road through Vibgyor School) is fixed? about two months back it was beyond horrible.
Its gone to worst condition now. Too many pot holes and you will be literally jumping inside the car
sbala is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th August 2015, 18:22   #8685
BHPian

ORR, in front of Ecospace, traffic diversions (as proposed by BTP) update :

- Service Road is made "One way" between DBhalli and Bellandur junctions.
- Entry into Ecospace from ORR is stopped.
- Vehicles coming from Marathahalli to Ecospace need to take service road before DBhalli flyover or at DBhalli junction.
- Vehicles exiting from Ecospace and going towards Marathahalli need to go until Bellandur and take a U-turn.
- Vehicles exiting from Ecospace and going towards Silk Board will have an option to climb the flyover from the service road opposite Ecospace main gate.
black_rider is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks