Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th August 2015, 08:43   #8866
Senior - BHPian

Re: Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation

Quote:
Originally Posted by suresh_gs View Post
Regarding the BMTC bus , I think it landed on the repaired road and it caved in. I really doubt if the road was repaired using tar or the BBMP filled the same with mud because that seems to be the norm these days.
The tyre has caved into the mud slush covering.

The right lane is only the working lane. When I drive over that, the left tyre still gets into a tony bit of slush. Definitely the width of the bus cannot pass through only the right tarred lane. So the left tyres must have caved in to the slush / mud / whatever BBMP had used to cover up their shoddy work.

Some political party had come to ralley in our locality for the upcoming BBMP election.
I was standing in the balcony and seeing their donkey begging acts. Looked funny.

One fellow looked at me and asked me whether I would vote for development or not (indirectly vote for their party).

I said "Can you please repair the road in front of our apartment ? If I am happy, I will vote for you."

He mumbled some promises and left.
Soumyajit9 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th August 2015, 08:45   #8867
Distinguished - BHPian

Independence weekend (for lack of a better word) was kinda interesting. On Saturday 3-4 bikes were riding together chanting pro-India slogans waving flags, nothing wrong with this except that the pillion riders were standing straight up on their seat with the bike travelling at 30-40 kmph - I immediately took the lane farthest from them just in case one of them decided to lose balance and play the victim card as a humble patriotic citizen.

On the roads update it seems like the Government's love for digging up smooth freshly laid tar roads has only increased under the excuse of laying drain pipes & cables, unclogging drains you name it. As usual they fill it up with the softest red mud so that in rains it would loosen up and spread all across the road while the vehicles would do their job of digging it up again for them. Bangalore is the first city with unique infrastructure - make the homes, flats & offices first then the drains & roads.
dark.knight is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th August 2015, 08:49   #8868
BHPian

Stuck near Bellandur lake....long queue and record foam levels
Attached Thumbnails
Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-1439781543542.jpg  

Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-1439781581752.jpg  

ambivalent_98 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 17th August 2015, 09:06   #8869
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

On a lazy Sunday drive yesterday I saw a couple of places with new camera installations and at first it seemed like speed cameras but later I concluded that these were to identify signal jumpers. There are 2-3 cameras mounted on a silver colored metal bar protruding high on the road and these are facing the signal and placed a few feet before the white limit line, in effect they get visuals of the rear of vehicles.
Saw these at:
- the Pay Accounts office signal on Old Airport road (going towards Victoria layout, signal that provides a right turn to go towards Trinity circle).
- KG Road (Double Road) coming down from Lalbagh gate towards Residency Road, at the Shanthinagar bus stand junction (right turn goes towards Bus Stand)
Anyone else noticed these ?

Last edited by NPV : 17th August 2015 at 09:08.
Old 17th August 2015, 09:07   #8870
BHPian

Saw some concrete sidewall slabs being cast near Jalsa restaurant on the ORR (near EMC signal). My hunch is that flyover/underpass work is going to start soon on that signal. Praying that better sense prevails and works gets done on time!
Old 17th August 2015, 09:09   #8871
BHPian

Stupidity of two wheelers on a single narrow road
Attached Thumbnails
Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-1439782741676.jpg  

Old 17th August 2015, 09:47   #8872
BHPian

What is up on traffic on ORR before K.R. Puram today. Even on two wheeler it was taking for ever after the Ramammurthy Nagar jn. Turned back home for today. Any one has any ideas on what was the issue?
thanks
Old 17th August 2015, 09:48   #8873
Senior - BHPian

A BMTC bus has broken down between ITPL and Big Bazaar junction blocking the right lane. Passed this point at 9:20 AM. There was no traffic jam at that time.
Old 17th August 2015, 09:57   #8874
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexgv View Post
What is up on traffic on ORR before K.R. Puram today. Even on two wheeler it was taking for ever after the Ramammurthy Nagar jn. Turned back home for today. Any one has any ideas on what was the issue?
thanks
This place seems to have a traffic jam almost all through the day! Not sure of any specific reason for today.
In such situations at this place, I think it's better to take the service road after Ramamurtny nagar junction, go below ORR and take the railway under bridge at Kasturi Nagar and get back to Old Madras Road and back to Tin factory junction, much better than getting stuck there.
Old 17th August 2015, 10:08   #8875
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
This place seems to have a traffic jam almost all through the day! Not sure of any specific reason for today.
In such situations at this place, I think it's better to take the service road after Ramamurtny nagar junction, go below ORR and take the railway under bridge at Kasturi Nagar and get back to Old Madras Road and back to Tin factory junction, much better than getting stuck there.
Thanks for the reply...
The service road was also blocked right from the road down from Ramamurthy nagar jn. Anyways , looks like one of those unexplainable jams, perhaps just too many folks on the road :(
Old 17th August 2015, 10:37   #8876
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
On a lazy Sunday drive yesterday I saw a couple of places with new camera installations and at first it seemed like speed cameras but later I concluded that these were to identify signal jumpers. There are 2-3 cameras mounted on a silver colored metal bar protruding high on the road and these are facing the signal and placed a few feet before the white limit line, in effect they get visuals of the rear of vehicles.
Saw these at:
- the Pay Accounts office signal on Old Airport road (going towards Victoria layout, signal that provides a right turn to go towards Trinity circle).
- KG Road (Double Road) coming down from Lalbagh gate towards Residency Road, at the Shanthinagar bus stand junction (right turn goes towards Bus Stand)
Anyone else noticed these ?
They are HD cameras intended to trap signal jumpers.
Saw one at Chalukya circle (basaveshwara circle). Here is the news item regarding the same: http://www.iamin.in/en/bangalore-cen...us-spots-64291
Old 17th August 2015, 10:58   #8877
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
the Pay Accounts office signal on Old Airport road (going towards Victoria layout, signal that provides a right turn to go towards Trinity circle).
I had noticed this one couple of weeks back. Usually, signal jumpers are caught by a camera triggered by a switch/ cable located on road near stop line. I am not sure how they are able to fix that in this junction since the road is always dug up there.

Also, Kadubeesinahalli signal has been switched ON from today. Morning it was smooth flow, hope it remains the same in evening too.
Old 17th August 2015, 11:28   #8878
BHPian

The new arrangements on Ring Road near Ecoworld / Ecospace are (rather what I saw in the morning).
1) Traffic from Maratahalli towards Sarjapur flows through without any hindrances. (The lucky bunch)
2) Maratahalli towards Sakra Hospital have to turn left much earlier as the road under the floyover is closed to traffic going in.
3) Traffic from Sarjapur if wanting to turn left towards Bellandur lake are not allowed in any more since the space between flyovers. That route is blocked.
4) If I have to go to Ecospace then I have to take a turn much much earlier and hit the service road just after the NHPS college entrance. There is no turn allowed to this place any more.
It would have been so helpful if the cops had advertised this in the papers of the new rule changes. More traffic pile ups were due to the fact that people just did not know about these new arrangements and this is causing lots of long queues. To add to the woes peoples amazing sense of driving where two wheelers literally drive where-ever space is found. Its becoming painful.
ambivalent_98 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th August 2015, 17:35   #8879
BHPian

Jam alert : Traffic at standstill on the Whitefield Bridge near the Sai Baba Ashram. Traffic flowing only on one side (towards Hope Farm Junction). Standstill for the past half hour.
Old 17th August 2015, 17:42   #8880
Senior - BHPian

HEAVY TRAFFIC ALERT:

Prepare to encounter 1 - 2 hours to cross Graphite India - CMRIT.
Peak hours may include from Ginger hotel or even Vydehi.

Remember the bus stuck in slush ? BBMP has woken up and is now fixing the dug up road, ofcourse in a haste and shoddy standards.

So it is still a single carraige way handling both way traffic !!

Video shot from dashcam, compressed to smaller size.

WORKAROUND

Don't come towards Graphite India.
From ITPL, drive straight towards Hoodi, and go towards Mahadevpura and join ORR.

Last edited by Soumyajit9 : 17th August 2015 at 17:44.
Soumyajit9 is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks