Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th August 2015, 09:50   #8896
Senior - BHPian

Re: Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soumyajit9 View Post
... in BTM, all roads, potholes, drains are being fixed.
And the patchwork would disintegrate within days after the elections are over. Except for the main roads, every other road that was patched up in HSR, GB Palya, Haralur, Kudlu, Iblur, etc are now worse than how they were before the recent rains. Sarjapur road is in the worst state I've seen it during the last couple of years.
Quote:
Originally Posted by poloman View Post
...But nothing seems to move here
That's right - nothing seems to move here, that's the kind of traffic you witness day in and day out.
Quote:
It is ironic to listen to our PM talking about smart cities. If this is the condition of a prominent IT area in the country, I am not sure what kind of 'smartness' he will be able to bring about in other tier 2 cities which are being selected for this initiative.
Walk the talk - something missing in successive govts. No point paying heed to such hyped statements. Ever.
Old 18th August 2015, 09:50   #8897
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bharat4ever View Post
It doesn't take rocket science to decipher that you'll be blocking oncoming traffic and it benefits no one, yes even you.
Venue: Iblur service road, towards Bangalore central.
Technically, that road is an one way. If you enter from under the bridge towards Bangalore Central, you would see the No Entry sign. Whether or not the rule is enforced, I have got no idea.
Old 18th August 2015, 11:15   #8898
JD1
BHPian

Took 2 hours from HSR/Agara to ITPL (9-11am). ORR etc was mostly ok (was pleasantly surprised to see Bellandur flyover free!) The problem is jam after crossing Marathahalli underpass. It took a while to take the u-turn (where ITPL buses also take the u-turn). The other side (traveling South) was full packed so difficult for vehicles to take u-turn. I think the reason behind jam on south side was due to the u-turn after Marathahalli underpass. There was a traffic constable (we saw him while passing) and he was doing a poor job causing huge jams.
And then we avoided main road and decided to take Chinnapanahalli railway crossing. Even before reaching the crossing, there was huge jam thanks to 2-wheelers on the service road (at that Jeevika hospital junction). Like the picture posted few posts prior, the 2-wheelers go to other side causing a grid lock (which extended till the railway crossing) and everyone including 2-wheelers got blocked. When will the bikers realize that if they stay in lane it might take 15 minutes but if they block opposite lane, it is definitely going to take longer (it took us 1/2 hr to clear that junction today). Thankfully we were able to pass Graphite India signal with just 1 turn wait.
Good that I am car pooling with my colleague so it feels nice not to be driving in this madness (this week atleast - my turn again next week).
Old 18th August 2015, 11:35   #8899
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soumyajit9 View Post

Even though I find the main road jammed, I never go to service road. Stick to the main road and move along with the slow moving traffic.
My office is on the service road, so I don't really have an option.

Quote:
Originally Posted by satan's_valet View Post
Technically, that road is an one way. If you enter from under the bridge towards Bangalore Central, you would see the No Entry sign. Whether or not the rule is enforced, I have got no idea.
I've been wondering that for the past few days as well. My office is in the Salarpuria Softzone, and in the evenings I need to get to HSR Layout.
Normally I would come out of the office, take a right and go around Iblur lake.
Now I heard about this lane becoming a one way, but I have not seen one single sign board since I exit at the office gate. Is there any information about which stretches are one way?
Old 18th August 2015, 11:55   #8900
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
but I have not seen one single sign board since I exit at the office gate. Is there any information about which stretches are one way?
The whole service road from Central / Bellandur junction till Sarjapur junction is One way since a while.

However, a contradictory move is to have traffic move from the Shoba Aquamarine / Salapuria Softzone / IOC bunk move towards Sarjapur road side on the service road and loop Iblur lake through Sun city apartment and join the signal.

There is a one -way sign board near the turn off from service road to Iblur lake, and also there is another couple of sign boards near Central mall.

One of them is turned 360 degrees and makes a interesting view, you can see the same here.
Old 18th August 2015, 14:45   #8901
BHPian

Quote:
I've been wondering that for the past few days as well. My office is in the Salarpuria Softzone, and in the evenings I need to get to HSR Layout.
Normally I would come out of the office, take a right and go around Iblur lake.
Now I heard about this lane becoming a one way, but I have not seen one single sign board since I exit at the office gate. Is there any information about which stretches are one way?
I work in Salarpuria softzone as well and have seen police direct the traffic out of the office towards the Iblur lake road. There is another No entry sign at the junction where you take a right towards the lake. That sign is mostly followed by the cabs and all other vehicles that go towards Sarjapur.

Before the road was relaid, I use to go till Belandur junction and take an U turn under the bridge. But now, I just take right from the office and use the Iblur lake road to cross Sarjapur.
Old 18th August 2015, 16:35   #8902
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by satan's_valet View Post
Before the road was relaid, I use to go till Belandur junction and take an U turn under the bridge. But now, I just take right from the office and use the Iblur lake road to cross Sarjapur.
This is exactly my point. If the entire road is a one way now, what we are doing is wrong. And if the only street sign which they have is at Bangalore Central, how would we know?
Old 18th August 2015, 16:45   #8903
Senior - BHPian

Here is the shoddy work done by BWSSB folks near CMRIT.
Lots of chips and cement mix. It is already a death trap for bikers !! High chances of slipping on the loose gravel chips !!

Wonder what will happen with once rain.

Old 18th August 2015, 17:42   #8904
Senior - BHPian

Spent a relaxed 45 minutes at the Hoodi signal in the morning today while going towards Whitefield, while the Congress vehicles zoomed past the other side of the divider. Thank you politicians, you really know how to treat us well.
sammyboy is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 18th August 2015, 19:08   #8905
Senior - BHPian

Folks

The Nallurahalli road has been blocked at the entrance to Varthur main road. Only 2 wheelers can go past the block. Our cab driver was not aware of this till we reached the spot. The reason why we took this route was there was traffic jam at Vydehi hospital junction. This is becoming another thorn in everyone's flesh.
Old 18th August 2015, 19:25   #8906
Team-BHP Support

Harlur road from E-city to Sarjapur road is closed. Near the Harlur village where the temple is, there is a man hole that has broken resulting in a hole.

This has caused multiple pile ups, biggest one from Sarjapur road to Harlur road.
Vid6639 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th August 2015, 19:40   #8907
BHPian

This is an incident I witnessed last week on the K.R.Puram hanging bridge. Traffic had backed up till the mid point on top of the bridge. The usual things we witness during such jams were occurring - 2 wheeler riders squeezing into any gap they could find between standing vehicles. Eventually in my rear view mirror I saw the next predictable occurrence - 2 wheelers driving on the footpath. Now - the footpath on the bridge is quite elevated - so I was wondering how they managed to get on top of the footpath. Answer came soon enough - the pillion of the first bike was carrying a stone/brick. When they could go no further (thanks to a broken slab on the footpath) - the pillion placed the stone next to the footpath- to bridge the elevation - and our driver rode over it to get back on to the road. Others followed them and lo behold we had a new "flyover" installed.

Feel sad for our city. How can such things be governed or corrected.
krish11 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 18th August 2015, 21:10   #8908
BHPian

I witnessed an accident on the borewell road today morning. It involved an absent minded pedestrian, an auto and a swift. Fortunately it was a low speed incident, of which I believe the swift suffered the major loss. The swift's right fender took a major hit, when it prevented the auto from turning over.
The pedestrian seemed ok, but the auto came out unscathed.

http://www.youtube.com/embed/VZP6-aqRUmE
Attached Images

Old 19th August 2015, 07:06   #8909
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Yesterday couple of colleagues were held up for almost an hour near Hoodi between 10-11am or thereabouts. Reason ? Some local politico's show of strength with his supporters taking out a procession and causing a traffic standstill First, they give us pathetic roads and now they block them too!
Did anyone else experience this yesterday ?

Last edited by NPV : 19th August 2015 at 07:18.
Old 19th August 2015, 08:52   #8910
BHPian

Traffic alert!!

Haralur road is at a stand still. Can't seem to figure out why as yet. Probably the manhole which opened up ( reported earlier ) or campaigning, what ever it is it's going to be a long wait.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks