Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th September 2015, 23:18   #9301
BHPian

Re: Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation

Quote:
Originally Posted by karts View Post
Not sure if this is OT,

I have to drop my relative to airport on 28th Sept , Monday by 8 PM, I stay in BEML layout, Brookefield, By what time should I leave so as to make it by 8 PM comfortably? I checked using Google maps, its showing an estimate of 1 - 2.5 hrs. Help me guys
If you start by 3.45 - 4 I think you can expect to reach airport by 5.30-6 , as the peak traffic on orr - Manyta park stretch would start around 5-5.30 . You might face more traffic while returning back .
soumen.blore is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th September 2015, 23:22   #9302
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by soumen.blore View Post
If you start by 3.45 - 4 I think you can expect to reach airport by 5.30-6 , as the peak traffic on orr - Manyta park stretch would start around 5-5.30 . You might face more traffic while returning back .
To be there by 8, I have start as early as 4? The actual flight is at 9:30 PM.
Old 27th September 2015, 01:29   #9303
BHPian

Quote:
Looks like you are new to Bangalore ;-)

There are plenty of instances where folks have missed the flight due to blocks at Hebbal/ORR/Manyata stretch.

If you leave by 4, you will reach airport by 6 or so, which gives you peace of mind.

If you leave by 5, you may reach by 8.

If you leave by 6, well, good luck in setting some new records !

Shyam
shyamk is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 27th September 2015, 11:59   #9304
JD1
BHPian

Quote:
Also keep an eye on BTPs twitter/FB page and traffline feed for traffic updates from 3pm onwards. I have found Google map's traffic display also fairly accurate.
JD1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th September 2015, 12:30   #9305
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shyamk View Post
Looks like you are new to Bangalore ;-)

There are plenty of instances where folks have missed the flight due to blocks at Hebbal/ORR/Manyata stretch.

If you leave by 4, you will reach airport by 6 or so, which gives you peace of mind.

If you leave by 5, you may reach by 8.

If you leave by 6, well, good luck in setting some new records !

Shyam
Yeah, you got it right, am new to Bangalore. Its kind of takes time getting used to the traffic here. I have been in Mumbai & chennai for a long long time and have never witnessed such worst traffic every day after day. sorry for the rant.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD1 View Post
Also keep an eye on BTPs twitter/FB page and traffline feed for traffic updates from 3pm onwards. I have found Google map's traffic display also fairly accurate.
Thank you guys, I think leaving at 4:30 would be right. I will keep an eye on traffic updates as well.
Old 27th September 2015, 12:37   #9306
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Not sure if this is OT,

I have to drop my relative to airport on 28th Sept , Monday by 8 PM, I stay in BEML layout, Brookefield, By what time should I leave so as to make it by 8 PM comfortably? I checked using Google maps, its showing an estimate of 1 - 2.5 hrs. Help me guys
Since you stay in beml layout, you can also look at taking the varthur road- hoskote- nh207 to devanahalli- airport route. Google does show this as one of the options. It is a few km longer, but will be more predictable.

Alternatively, couple of other options if there is no social compulsion that you have to personally drop.

If you are dropping one person or a couple of folks with not much luggage, you can look at using the airport bus service. The route is KIAL 6 starting from kadogodi and you can board at one of the stops on varthur road- siddhapura or kundanahalli gate. There is a bus every hour and you can target the 5pm one ( probably around 5.30 at kundanahalli gate). Comfortable and fast.

Or book a meru/ ola cab.

You can personally also go and return in an airport bus.

Since they do these routes regularly, better chance of getting there on time even if you encounter unexpected jam

I personally would make use of one of these options rather than drive to airport at 5-6pm on a Monday evening.

Last edited by Rajeevraj : 27th September 2015 at 12:39.
Rajeevraj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th September 2015, 12:49   #9307
Team-BHP Support

Nowadays for relatives I just book an Uber for them and tell them I have arranged for a car to pick and drop you. They don't pay and just get down like a travels taxi or a driver dropping them.

For a 9:30PM you need to reach airport by 8PM. Which means you need to leave before 6PM. After 6PM you are cutting it close. 5:30 is safer side but if you don't get heavy traffic you might land up at airport 3 hours before departure.

You will get the max traffic at KR puram followed by Manyata tech park and then Hebbal. These 3 can add an hour to the trip if jammed badly.
Vid6639 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th September 2015, 13:30   #9308
Senior - BHPian

Tendersure road caves in after asphalting. Goods carrier gets stuck for 45 minutes.

http://www.thehindu.com/news/cities/...gn=WidgetPromo
Old 27th September 2015, 14:12   #9309
BHPian

Quote:
Not sure if this is OT,

I believe if you leave by 5pm I guess by 6:15 or so you should be at Tin factory. From here it would take about 30-45 minutes to Hebbal. So that means, you reach Hebbal maximum by 7pm. After that it is quite comfortable to KIAL and should take 30 minutes. So you should be there before 8pm. Also as I read in later posts, the flight is at 9:30. So you still have a 30 minutes buffer.

Some tricks to get through ORR faster:

1) Till just before Tin factory stay as much left as possible. Start moving to the right when you approach the petrol pump at Tin factory.

2) Once on the ORR keep as much right as possible since several vehicles would be exiting the ORR.

3) There is a flyover at Nagwara. Here move to the leftmost lane on the flyover till the bus stop post the flyover. Staying on the right will increase your travel time as the lane below the flyover has quite a bit of traffic.

4) Hebbal signal traffic has reduced now after the traffic police rearranged traffic.
rohanak1 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th September 2015, 22:21   #9310
BHPian

Thank you all for your help and suggestions. I have to drop them myself, no other option. So based on the above posts, I plan to leave between 4:30 and 5:00 PM, Am ready to spend some time at the Airport. Thanks again.
Old 27th September 2015, 22:27   #9311
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
You will get the max traffic at KR puram followed by Manyata tech park and then Hebbal. These 3 can add an hour to the trip if jammed badly.
At Tin factory, go towards Byappanhalli, take a U under the flyover, cross the hanging bridge, cross KR Puram market and take the Avalahalli, Budigere, Devanahalli route. Guaranteed to be in the airport in 40 minutes flat from where to turn off OMR. Expect some traffic in KR Puram market.
Old 27th September 2015, 22:33   #9312
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatchyBoy View Post
At Tin factory, go towards Byappanhalli, take a U under the flyover, cross the hanging bridge, cross KR Puram market and take the Avalahalli, Budigere, Devanahalli route. Guaranteed to be in the airport in 40 minutes flat from where to turn off OMR. Expect some traffic in KR Puram market.
From Whitefield you may as well take hope farm junction and then join old madras road just after Budigere cross.

But I don't recommend that route at all especially at night for someone who is not familiar. Just adds tension. It's better to go little early spend time in traffic on a known route than to experiment with a new route.

I know that route well and last time I suggested that route, I got a a lot of brick bats as it was very long and it can end up taking the same amount of time.
Old 28th September 2015, 08:45   #9313
Senior - BHPian

Whatta day to begin with. As expected traffic was unusually high this morning on one side, and unusually low on another.

BTM to ITPL took me 50 mins, at 6:30 am.
There was slow moving traffic due to many number of vehicles all through ORR.

BTM to Shantinagar TTMC (via the dreaded Bannerghatta road) too just 15 mins at 7:30 am.
I expected this to take atleast 45 mins to reach due to sometime to clear Sagar Apollo Hospital and then some more time to clear NIMHANS - Wilson Garden stretch. But my brother's OLA Auto just zoomed through since traffic was sparse even at 7:30 am.
Old 28th September 2015, 10:06   #9314
Senior - BHPian

Just came to know that there is / was a tree fall somewhere near HAL Police Station on Old Airport road.

My friend took 2 hours from Vignan Nagar to ITPL, on a bike.
Old 28th September 2015, 10:44   #9315
Distinguished - BHPian

Massive massive jam at Hebbal heading into city. Please avoid. got stuck for 30 minutes just trying to climb onto the city-bound flyover.

Mess on G Maps: https://goo.gl/maps/RN5XWyH5NpL2

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks