Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th September 2015, 09:20   #9331
Team-BHP Support

Re: Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation

Quote:
Originally Posted by suresh_gs View Post
You mentioned some of the BBMP employees had cars bearing PY , KL and AP registrations. Are they exempted from paying road tax in KA.

Infact I have seen Innovas of BBMP legislators bearing PY registration. Irrespective of whether you are in power or a common man, one factor will definitely pinch to the core of these individuals. MONEY. No wonder these guys have other state registration vehicles.
Well, HD Kumaraswamy's sone has an NL reg Infiniti and a KL42 Range Rover
Old 30th September 2015, 10:39   #9332
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajeevraj View Post
Anyone here part of a company supporting this?
If they plan to do this in Electronics City side, the first two companies I would watch out (for their statements) would be Wipro and Infosys. I have not heard any thing till date on them joining hands with the traffic police and supporting car pooling. But Wipro had some internal tools etc., which helped employees who want to car pool.

I have some friends who do car pooling from electronics city area. Main motivation for them seems to be avoiding the huge fuel bills . But I don't know how some one can enforce car pooling? What is the traffic police going to do? Levy a fine on single-occupancy car? Right now there are no legal provisions for that.
Old 30th September 2015, 11:17   #9333
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post
Well, HD Kumaraswamy's sone has an NL reg Infiniti and a KL42 Range Rover
Here is another one:
Attached Images

mvadg is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 30th September 2015, 11:26   #9334
BHPian

If a picture is worth 1000 words, wonder how much a 5 minute video is. Some good soul took the pain to capture the state of roads here in an excellent video.

Just for fun: @30fps, a 5 minute video will have 9000 frames. So a 5 minute video is worth 9 million words?

Horizon81 is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 30th September 2015, 11:57   #9335
BHPian

A big mess today on Harlur Road this morning at around 8 am. That is the time when lot of parents drop kids at VIBGYOR Harlur branch. There are also lots school buses in the area at the same time along with the normal traffic of people going to work.

What I don't understand is short-sightedness of people blocking both sides of the roads with one way traffic. If all of us would just show that restraint and stay in our lanes half the traffic jams would never happen.

This area has a lot of new apartments coming up and the problem is only going to get worse.
Old 30th September 2015, 12:19   #9336
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neeravnaik View Post
A big mess today on Harlur Road this morning at around 8 am. That is the time when lot of parents drop kids at VIBGYOR Harlur branch. There are also lots school buses in the area at the same time along with the normal traffic of people going to work.

What I don't understand is short-sightedness of people blocking both sides of the roads with one way traffic. If all of us would just show that restraint and stay in our lanes half the traffic jams would never happen.

This area has a lot of new apartments coming up and the problem is only going to get worse.
I managed to escape that traffic as I went towards Hosa road (via Silver county road). But I could a steady flow of cars from Hosa road to Haralur road. Later I realized that Hosa road was badly jammed, due to the BESCOM folks shifting some electric poles. So I am thinking that the two were related, as folks took detour via Haralur road, worsening the situation?
Old 30th September 2015, 12:58   #9337
JD1
BHPian

Quote:
Totally agree with you. I have observed (and practice too) that if I allow even 2-3 vehicles on cross street to pass instead of trying to force my way ahead, it helps in easing up the gridlock. Now if each vehicle follows this good practice, we won't have any gridlocks.
I was coming towards HSR after dropping my daughter to Vibgyor today and was stuck in gridlock at a junction. I allowed few vehicles to go while those behind me were honking at me crazily and it paid dividends as a big construction vehicle which was stuck in gridlock and was causing further problems was able to move a bit easing up some space. A good cabbie allowed some other vehicles to move instead of squeezing in the space that opened and my car and others were able to move forward. I might not be able to describe the exact scenario but the point is just allowing few vehicles to go instead of being selfish goes a long way in easing up gridlocks. Wish 2 wheelers were more considerate and stick to their lanes then we won't have gridlock in the first place!
JD1 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 30th September 2015, 14:52   #9338
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
A big mess today on Harlur Road
Quote:
Originally Posted by bejoy View Post
...Hosa road was badly jammed, due to the BESCOM folks shifting some electric poles
Call me lucky, as I couldn't make it to office for various other reasons, and here I am, working from home

Quote:
What I don't understand is short-sightedness of people blocking both sides of the roads with one way traffic.
The biggest culprits for gridlocks on Haralur road are those autos. A couple of weeks ago, I got stuck in a block for about half an hour. Reason? 3 autos decided they were smarter than the rest of the people maintaining a queue, while two trailer trucks carrying some heavy equipment were negotiating the tight spots; these imbeciles barged ahead and seeing the stuck trucks, stopped their tin-cans and walked out, chattering among themselves. No amount of honking or screaming by the locals brought these auto guys back. It was only when they decided to come back from heaven knows where, that they moved their contraptions. That too, they made some good people to make way for them to squeeze in to the waiting traffic.
silversteed is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th September 2015, 15:20   #9339
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by silversteed View Post
The biggest culprits for gridlocks on Haralur road are those autos.
+1

I would also blame the cop/warden manning the junction near Big Bazaar. They should be consistent - whether to allow a right turn or not (there is a "no right turn" board there). Because they allow right turn once in a while, all the cars who need to go right, will wait at the junction, trying their luck. This affects the free left, further causing pile-up.

Last edited by bejoy : 30th September 2015 at 15:38.
bejoy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th September 2015, 16:55   #9340
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bejoy View Post
+1

I would also blame the cop/warden manning the junction near Big Bazaar. They should be consistent - whether to allow a right turn or not (there is a "no right turn" board there). Because they allow right turn once in a while, all the cars who need to go right, will wait at the junction, trying their luck. This affects the free left, further causing pile-up.
Same thing happens on Inner Ring-road at the Ejipura junction. There is no right turn, but they turn a blind eye if there are vehicles coming from Domlur wanting to turn right towards Ejipura
Old 30th September 2015, 17:07   #9341
BHPian

Hosur road was badly jammed at 11:00 in the morning. I got stuck at both Hosa Jn and Kudlu gate. To cover both it took more than 30 minutes. I could not see any particular reason for the block, other than mismanaged traffic lights. Add to it two vehicles broken down on Hosur Road. between Hosa Jn and Kudlu gate. But that doesn't seem to have caused the pile up.
Old 30th September 2015, 18:16   #9342
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by john.gt View Post
Hosur road was badly jammed at 11:00 in the morning. I got stuck at both Hosa Jn and Kudlu gate. To cover both it took more than 30 minutes. I could not see any particular reason for the block, other than mismanaged traffic lights. Add to it two vehicles broken down on Hosur Road. between Hosa Jn and Kudlu gate. But that doesn't seem to have caused the pile up.
This jam had started around 9:30 AM and it had continued at least till 12:30 PM. In the morning, due to some developments in the junction, motorists coming from Kudlu road was stuck and coudn't merge to Hosur road for around ten odd minutes. Some smart alecs decided to occupy the other side of the road and that prevented the oncoming traffic to Kudlu road getting stuck on Hosur road. When I passed the junction at around 12:30 entry to Kudlu was still blocked by vehicles on the wrong side of the road and the ramifications were felt in Hosur road as well ( both directions)

-- Wind
Wind is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th September 2015, 18:25   #9343
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horizon81 View Post
If a picture is worth 1000 words, wonder how much a 5 minute video is.
Sir please report this as an issue on the ichangemycity portal. Better bring publicity this selfless reporting and perhaps some goodness comes out of this?
Old 30th September 2015, 18:59   #9344
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cs_rajesh View Post
Sir please report this as an issue on the ichangemycity portal. Better bring publicity this selfless reporting and perhaps some goodness comes out of this?
My personal experience with ichangemycity has not been good so far. There are umpteen complaints just on road conditions, and I've upvoted 4-5 complaints in my locality. Here's what happens on a typical ichangemycity complaint.

1. Raises complaint.
2. Gets ignored / assigned to an Engineer
3. Engineer is reachable / doesn't bother to pick up call
4. Complaint gets large number of upvotes
5. Changes state to in-progress.
6. Fixes the wrong road and/or by filling potholes with mud/garbage.
7. Changes state to completed or doesn't even bother.
8. Couple of trucks pass over the potholes and/or it rains, potholes re-appear.
9. Go to step 1.
Horizon81 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 30th September 2015, 18:59   #9345
Distinguished - BHPian

Madiwala road is in tatters and getting worse by the day, the road connecting much of south+east Bangalore to the so called CBD i.e from Forum Mall till Johnson Market is at best 2 lanes and for more than half the distance a single lane with multiple bottlenecks. Old Airport till Indiranagar/Ulsoor less written about the better, its another single lane "main road" posing as 2 lanes with traffic equal to 4 lanes. Nomenclatures like 100/80 ft. road never made sense, why not truthfully rename them to 20/30 ft. Bannerghatta Road connecting Christ College road another disaster. Langford Town & Lavelle Road are impossible to travel to, airport well that's perhaps the only reason why people move to live in north "halli" zones of the city, travel from anywhere else would need a 4-5 hour cushion before flight times. BTM at evening is a mirror image of hell.

Random poll : Anyone willing to give even a 2/10 for the city's present infrastructure? I give it an even zero.
dark.knight is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks