Team-BHP > Street Experiences

Search this Thread
Old 30th September 2015, 19:12   #9346
Senior - BHPian

Re: Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horizon81 View Post
My personal experience with ichangemycity has not been good so far. There are umpteen complaints just on road conditions, and I've upvoted 4-5 complaints in my locality.
Yes, same here. Nothing happens. I just cannot understand the apathy - wish someone would catch some of the corporators by the scruff of their necks and shake em up in public. Irritating.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dark.knight View Post
Madiwala road is in tatters and getting worse by the day
Totally the worst! It is hell riding on it everyday!
naveenroy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th September 2015, 20:07   #9347
BHPian

Just out of curiosity does no one in the administration has no iota of shame with the roads in shambles and no attempt is being made to repair or rectify ????? Is this really a city that Indians should be proud of as the IT city ???
Old 30th September 2015, 20:37   #9348
JD1
BHPian

I hope that truck/lorry lobby and cab drivers stick to their plans to go on strike tomorrow
JD1 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 30th September 2015, 20:54   #9349
BHPian

So, they have imported a machine called Python from Canada and are filling potholes in Bangalore, says this article. The BBMP official is more interested in getting on TV than actually explaining what they are doing. Hopefully this fix will endure some rainfall and heavy vehicular movement.

4000+ potholes
Old 30th September 2015, 22:15   #9350
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horizon81 View Post
My personal experience with ichangemycity has not been good so far.
Posting here would not help even get these potholes filled with rubbish too. Constant pokes are the only way to make the local bodies respond, albeit mildly at the least.
Old 1st October 2015, 06:49   #9351
Senior - BHPian

Folks:: A MAJOR TRAFFIC ALERT

A TATA Winger rear ended a truck on the first flyover after Agara towards Marathahalli side. This is on the rightmost lane.
So users stick to the leftmost lane on the flyover.

Last edited by suresh_gs : 1st October 2015 at 06:52.
suresh_gs is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 1st October 2015, 09:31   #9352
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD1 View Post
I hope that truck/lorry lobby and cab drivers stick to their plans to go on strike tomorrow

Looks like there is no impact of strike on the roads. I see pool of taxis plying as usual. I am stuck on BTM lake road for last 30 mins against my hopes today. :-)
Selective is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st October 2015, 09:39   #9353
BHPian

A major traffic jam on Bannerghatta Road. The reason is a log carrying truck which is stuck in mud, just before the Shell petrol bunk, blocking the lane towards Meenakshi temple. The other side is complete jammed and the traffic has barely moved 5 meters in the past 30 minutes. I expect the jam to have reached Meenakshi mall easily.

The traffic in the other lane seems to be rerouted, as no vehicles are coming from Gottigere side.

Please look for alternate routes.
Attached Thumbnails
Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-img_20151001_092701.jpg  

Aiel is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 1st October 2015, 11:14   #9354
JD1
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Selective View Post
Looks like there is no impact of strike on the roads. I see pool of taxis plying as usual. I am stuck on BTM lake road for last 30 mins against my hopes today. :-)
True .. Was seeing the same number of vehicles!! I did a mistake of taking Chinnapanahalli railway track road for going towards ITPL and was stuck for 40 minutes after crossing the track for taking right turn towards Graphite road! The usual flow of cabs, trucks, tempos was ongoing on that tiny road.
Old 1st October 2015, 12:40   #9355
Lij
BHPian

A faking news article but looking at the road conditions everywhere during monsoons (some cases throughout the year) this could be something that google can work on . I guess this could have gone into the traffic rant thread of any city.

http://www.fakingnews.firstpost.com/...urce=fp_widget
Lij is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 1st October 2015, 14:31   #9356
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambivalent_98 View Post
Just out of curiosity does no one in the administration has no iota of shame with the roads in shambles and no attempt is being made to repair or rectify ????? Is this really a city that Indians should be proud of as the IT city ???
Quote:
Originally Posted by PatchyBoy View Post
So, they have imported a machine called Python from Canada and are filling potholes in Bangalore, says this article. The BBMP official is more interested in getting on TV than actually explaining what they are doing. Hopefully this fix will endure some rainfall and heavy vehicular movement.

4000+ potholes
I travel 18kms from Home to office and there is not a single stretch of road without a pothole or a manhole or an unevenly patched road.

It makes me feel like a F1 driver at times. A F1 drivers follows a racing line while we are forced to follow a "pothole avoiding line".
satan's_valet is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st October 2015, 14:34   #9357
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by satan's_valet View Post
I travel 18kms from Home to office and there is not a single stretch of road without a pothole or a manhole or an unevenly patched road.

It makes me feel like a F1 driver at times. A F1 drivers follows a racing line while we are forced to follow a "pothole avoiding line".
Where is this utopian stretch of road ????
Old 1st October 2015, 14:39   #9358
Distinguished - BHPian

Some good news for those working in Ecospace and having to cross the road each day. The pedestrian walkway construction will begin immediately. Since it is being driven by ORRCA, hoping it will progress and complete quickly. Companies have had a say in the design as well as selection of the contractor.

Ground breaking Ceremony today at 3PM. Will help traffic flow to an extent once done.

Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-overbridge.jpg
Rajeevraj is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 1st October 2015, 14:39   #9359
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambivalent_98 View Post
Where is this utopian stretch of road ????
Malleshwaram --> Sankey Road --> Infantry road --> Cubbon Park --> Langford Road --> Hosur Road --> Koramangala 60 ft Road --> Srinivagilu Main road --> Sarjapur Road --> Bellandur.

You can't drive for more than 100mts without an imperfection in the road. I am not saying I want a perfect road, but I would like to stay in a lane without having to change for the fear of potholes.
Old 1st October 2015, 15:25   #9360
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by satan's_valet View Post
Malleshwaram --> Sankey Road --> Infantry road --> Cubbon Park --> Langford Road --> Hosur Road --> Koramangala 60 ft Road --> Srinivagilu Main road --> Sarjapur Road --> Bellandur.

You can't drive for more than 100mts without an imperfection in the road. I am not saying I want a perfect road, but I would like to stay in a lane without having to change for the fear of potholes.
Sankey Road was good right alongside the lake, has it deteriorated so badly? I guess I had been there 6 months back.

And I am not sure when langford road was repaired last time, and surprisingly with the TV9 news channel office on that road, they should cover that as part of breaking news instead of some dumb fellow's speech on their channel

Most Viewed