Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st October 2015, 16:04   #9361
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fusionbang View Post
Sankey Road was good right alongside the lake, has it deteriorated so badly? I guess I had been there 6 months back.

And I am not sure when langford road was repaired last time, and surprisingly with the TV9 news channel office on that road, they should cover that as part of breaking news instead of some dumb fellow's speech on their channel

The stretch from the Malleshwaram entrance to Bashyam circle is good. But The underpass before Cauvery theatre is bad. Not as bad as the Madiwala one though. Still you can some or other patches till you cross Windsor Manor hotel.
satan's_valet is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st October 2015, 16:45   #9362
BHPian

Re: Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajeevraj View Post
Some good news for those working in Ecospace and having to cross the road each day. The pedestrian walkway construction will begin immediately. Since it is being driven by ORRCA, hoping it will progress and complete quickly. Companies have had a say in the design as well as selection of the contractor.
Indeed a good news both for Ecospace area employees and those commuting on ORR. Atleast some relief from jam during peak hour.

Any remedy for that stretch becoming a pool during rain?
Old 1st October 2015, 16:57   #9363
BHPian

I hope they build this walkway with escalators. Otherwise the lazy pedestrian will avoid climbing the stairs. You can see this at Marathahalli walkway as well, lots of people using it but there are still many who don't and cross the roads where ever they feel like. Companies in Ecospace should fund the escalator and its maintenance cost. It is a small price to pay...

On a lighter note, they should say if a pedestrian is hit by an automobile trying to cross the road, then it is the pedestrians fault and no compensation for this mistake. In fact the pedestrian should be penalized and should pay for damages to the automobile (if he/she survives the accident).
madhav is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 1st October 2015, 17:25   #9364
JD1
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajeevraj View Post
Some good news for those working in Ecospace and having to cross the road each day. The pedestrian walkway construction will begin immediately. Since it is being driven by ORRCA, hoping it will progress and complete quickly. Companies have had a say in the design as well as selection of the contractor.

Ground breaking Ceremony today at 3PM. Will help traffic flow to an extent once done.
Thanks. At times the twin flyovers are relatively free but the tiny stretch of road between these 2 flyovers is extremely congested due to BMTC buses and pedestrians crossing. Good to hear there is finally some progress on the skywalk.

In separate news, German Chancellor Angela Merkel will be in Bangalore from 4-6th. Looks like PM will also be in Bangalore so keep an eye on traffic blocks during their visit.

http://indianexpress.com/article/ind...ilicon-valley/
Old 1st October 2015, 17:39   #9365
BHPian

(Slightly OT) just read a news, now BMTC protesting against app based mini cab / shuttle services like ZipGo, Ola.

Instead of improving their services they have taken protest route.
Old 1st October 2015, 17:43   #9366
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD1 View Post
In separate news, German Chancellor Angela Merkel will be in Bangalore from 4-6th. Looks like PM will also be in Bangalore so keep an eye on traffic blocks during their visit.[/url]
Should show her some of the lovely world class roads. Maybe the Madiwala market stretch.
Old 1st October 2015, 17:52   #9367
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveenroy View Post
Should show her some of the lovely world class roads. Maybe the Madiwala market stretch.
Or a visit to the world class IT hub at Whitefield that has some amazing roads all around
Old 1st October 2015, 18:41   #9368
Senior - BHPian

FOLKS: POTHOLE ALERT ON ORR

As one heads towards bellandur from marathahalli and takes the Kadubeesnahalli underpass, after driving down the ramp just before the upward ramp starts, potholes have formed on the left portion of the underpass especially where there is water stagnation.

This will only worsen in the days to come. What more this stretch was relaid, may be few months back.
So people while driving down the underpass, stick to the right most portion of the same.
Old 1st October 2015, 19:02   #9369
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suresh_gs View Post
FOLKS: POTHOLE ALERT ON ORR

As one heads towards bellandur from marathahalli and takes the Kadubeesnahalli underpass, after driving down the ramp just before the upward ramp starts, potholes have formed on the left portion of the underpass especially where there is water stagnation.

This will only worsen in the days to come. What more this stretch was relaid, may be few months back.
So people while driving down the underpass, stick to the right most portion of the same.
Yes, noticed this today while coming to the office, Not even months, its been hardly a month since it was re-laid.
Old 1st October 2015, 20:25   #9370
JD1
BHPian

Saw a big pothole on Marathahalli railyway bridge overpass - right in the middle (in direction of Marathahalli). Had to move my car to avoid hitting it .. God save the hapless 2 wheelers :(
Which would be the right place to report this pothole?
Old 2nd October 2015, 11:01   #9371
Senior - BHPian

Stuff circulating in my apartment WhatsApp groups about a fire in Marathahalli Brand Factory. Google Maps also shows massive jams on all roads leading there. Looks like the area is to be avoided today.
Old 2nd October 2015, 11:07   #9372
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by binand View Post
Stuff circulating in my apartment WhatsApp groups about a fire in Marathahalli Brand Factory. Google Maps also shows massive jams on all roads leading there. Looks like the area is to be avoided today.
Yup. Apparently due to a short circuit.

Luckily, this is happening on a holiday with sparse traffic. I remember reading that 20 fire engines(seems far fetched) are at the spot. Primarily because of the petrol bunk right beside the store.

Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-12108937_906847796063559_3408753085277751855_n.jpg
Old 2nd October 2015, 11:23   #9373
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashwin.terminat View Post
I remember reading that 20 fire engines(seems far fetched) are at the spot.
22, as per The Hindu.

http://www.thehindu.com/news/cities/bangalore/apparel-store-on-marathahalli-main-road-gutted-by-fire/article7715358.ece
Old 2nd October 2015, 11:26   #9374
Senior - BHPian

Some more images from Whatsapp.
Actually feels bad, I bought my first sports shoe from here :-(

Now I shop mostly on Bannerghatta road Brand Factory, its a stone's throw from my house

Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-img20151002wa0019.jpg

Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-img20151002wa0020.jpg

Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-img20151002wa0021.jpg
Old 2nd October 2015, 13:40   #9375
BHPian

Always felt this particular showroom is cramped and suffocating whenever I had been there earlier. Limited parking space, busy road, always crowded atmosphere are the reasons to avoid this now a days.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks