Team-BHP > Street Experiences

Search this Thread
Old 4th October 2015, 19:36   #9391
Senior - BHPian

Re: Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation

Thanks to this evening's rains, whole of lalbagh road was flooded and half the road engulfed with flood waters. I really pity the folks driving/riding tonight, I am so glad I was on a BMTC bus instead.

A screenshot from the video :

Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-water.jpg

Full video here.

SunnyBoi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th October 2015, 21:35   #9392
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedmiester View Post
The sheer negligence and the carelessness of the drivers is appalling. Bikers, cabs and cars were overtaking on the hairpin curves. As soon as the car in front of them slows a bit, people started to take to opposite lane without a thought. The parking lot was a mess, with cars parked where ever they wanted.
The entire Nandi hills was filled with the smell of burnt clutch. I saw at least 4 cars with fully blown clutch stranded in various places on the curvy road.
Adding to the madness were imbecile drivers parking their cars in the middle of the road and taking pictures.

Absolute lack of civic sense. I really pity the people who were still up there.
I find it really weird that people don't show the minimum respect to the cars they drive, and simply let rip anywhere they feel like irrespective of road conditions or traffic. Today, on my way back from Mangalore, i was caught in a cloudburst just outside channarayapatana. every one is going slow and sticking to their lanes due to the very poor visibility, but in between there is a genius in a blue BMW that wants to zig zag through traffic in that downpour at speeds exceeding 100. Crazy! did he have an extra pair of eyes that other people didnt have? or was it that he was just going to stick his car into whichever gap he finds and hope that others have the sense to stay away?

Last edited by Vid6639 : 5th October 2015 at 10:05. Reason: Do not generalize and do no bring regionalism into your posts.
Old 4th October 2015, 23:30   #9393
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyBoi View Post
Thanks to this evening's rains, whole of lalbagh road was flooded and half the road engulfed with flood waters. I really pity the folks driving/riding tonight, I am so glad I was on a BMTC bus instead
Watch out this Sewer Fountain in BTM 2nd Stage
Location, next to Alliance Business College in BTM 2nd Stage.

It was almost 3-4 feet in height when it was raining.
I took this video when the rains had reduced, and hence the fountain height also reduced.

Old 5th October 2015, 08:07   #9394
BHPian

Road Condition Update

The Road in front of the petrol bunk between Udupi Garden and Silkboard (towards Silkboard) has gone from worst to nightmare after yesterdays downpour. Expect extreme slow moving traffic.

Regards

Last edited by Vid6639 : 5th October 2015 at 10:10. Reason: Deleted the quoted post.
chandrda is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th October 2015, 08:40   #9395
BHPian

Please avoid Yamlur road. Major jam at 830 and we know how long it takes to clear on this road
Old 5th October 2015, 09:02   #9396
BHPian

Re: Accidents in India - PICS

Today morning, while coming from Rama murthy nagar side to Manyata, I noticed tyre marks on the underpass walls, at 8-10 feet above the road level , on the Kalyan nagar under pass, at a place where you will ramp up to exit the underpass towards Manyata, on your right side wall. Found it very strange and wondering if any of you noticed any incident in this part of the world, in the last two days.

OR, I would have to assume that Batman visited Bangalore
Old 5th October 2015, 09:04   #9397
Team-BHP Support

Re: Accidents in India - PICS

Quote:
Originally Posted by FORTified View Post
OR, I would have to assume that Batman visited Bangalore
Yes the caped crusader had no choice but to drive the batmobile on the wall. The underpass was flooded with water and the batmobile is not designed for bangalore roads when raining.
Vid6639 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 5th October 2015, 10:37   #9398
BHPian

Rain havoc, busy Monday after long weekend, VVIP movement (Modi and Merkel), icing on the cake potholes everywhere. What a start to a new week.

District incharge minister assured all those potholes will be repaired within a week!
Nempuguru is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th October 2015, 10:40   #9399
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedmiester View Post
Impatient and inexperienced drivers made it a real horrifying experience.
Not surprised. Nandi hills is considered a ritual maiden trip by most of the first time vehicle buyers

At least 3 owners from our apartment had their first "long" drive to Nandi hill the very first weekend of buying their cars.
bejoy is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 5th October 2015, 11:00   #9400
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bejoy View Post
At least 3 owners from our apartment had their first "long" drive to Nandi hill the very first weekend of buying their cars.
That is the last place they should be going to considering the narrow, curvy roads which need a lot of steering and clutch experience. This is the reason why traffic is so bad here, I've seen L-Boards struggle to use the clutch effectively over small inclines with the car rolling back & forth finally resulting in the engine cutting-off. They would then restart & floor the accelerator zooming away in an instant & then they'd look back at me in a way of showing they can drive fast just like experts do.

I simply can't help but laugh at this point, with such perverted views of driving its no wonder that the real drivers are few. Speed is the simplest yet most dangerous aspect of driving, control over all situations & terrain is the most complex.
dark.knight is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th October 2015, 12:07   #9401
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nempuguru View Post
Rain havoc, busy Monday after long weekend, VVIP movement (Modi and Merkel), icing on the cake potholes everywhere. What a start to a new week.

District incharge minister assured all those potholes will be repaired within a week!
Yep, the potholes will be patched up, rains will unleash their fury once again, the potholes will open up even further and the same sub standard work will be carried out. Never ending story.
Old 5th October 2015, 12:28   #9402
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Took Old Airport Road today via Cambridge Layout, on the way to Madhus for Dizzy's Wheel Alignment & Balancing. There was a huge puddle, a mini tank of sorts at the Command Hospital junction. I think the lane was dug up for patch work and ended up becoming a mini tank with the heavy weekend rains
Old 5th October 2015, 12:33   #9403
Distinguished - BHPian

From Bangalore Mirror: http://www.bangaloremirror.com/banga...w/49219124.cms

Monday (today): Merkel will make her way from Kempegowda International Airport to the Taj West End on Monday, passing by the CM's residence.

Tuesday (tomorrow):
PM will arrive at 9 am at HAL and head towards Bosch Adugodi,
Merkel will leave Taj West End for Bosch Adugodi ad and Shoolay Circle to reach Bosch factory in Adugodi.
Next, both will participate in the Indo-German Summit 'Digitizing Tomorrow', organized by Fraunhofer, India and Nasscom at Hotel Leela Palace between 11.30 am and 2.30 pm.
Next, Merkel will leave for Germany on Tuesday afternoon while Modi will leave for New Delhi on the same day.

Assuming they will leave separately from KIAL & HAL this means most of BLR will be tied up tomorrow.
itwasntme is online now   (5) Thanks
Old 5th October 2015, 12:49   #9404
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
Assuming they will leave separately from KIAL & HAL this means most of BLR will be tied up tomorrow.
Time to convert this week also into a 4-day work week, methinks. I'm already struggling with the fact that I have to work 5 days this week
Old 5th October 2015, 12:52   #9405
BHPian

Today morning, I saw that u turn was permitted at Ecospace area. ie Just before the intel flyover while coming towards HSR side to Marthahalli.

There were blocks on the Intel flyover from Marthahalli. The choke towads Marthahalli looked never ending, I guess all the way till Sarjapur jn.

A lot of trial and error methods being practiced I suppose.

Most Viewed