Team-BHP > Street Experiences

Search this Thread
Old 30th October 2015, 12:36   #9631
BHPian

Re: Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation

Quote:
Originally Posted by SR71-Blackbird View Post

In the opposite direction towards marathalli, traffic was backed up all the way till agara!
Any idea what is this rally about? And wondering how can police give permission to these kind of rally, inconveniencing the already inconvenienced commuters.
Old 30th October 2015, 13:42   #9632
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indian View Post
Any idea what is this rally about?
http://www.thehindu.com/news/cities/...cle7820669.ece
Old 30th October 2015, 14:07   #9633
Senior - BHPian

This rally means a lot to the native Bangaloreans, the largest lakes of our city has been destroyed beyond restoration. The underground water level is shrinking in the surrounding areas. The bribe savvy politicians of Karnataka have wreaked havoc around this lake by giving permission to builders for apartments and office space. Does anyone remember the extent of Agara Lake which once existed? People brought up in this part of rural Bangalore once upon a time know the pain and intention behind this rally. It is fight to save atleast whatever is available. The intention is not to create any inconvenience.

http://bangalore.citizenmatters.in/a...d-its-problems

http://www.indiatimes.com/news/india...re-232798.html

Last edited by deehunk : 30th October 2015 at 14:14.
deehunk is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 30th October 2015, 14:23   #9634
Senior - BHPian

It took me 2 hours last evening to reach home.
Distance: 15 kms.
Time usually taken: 1.15 hours (average) 1.5hours (at the extreme).

Started from Bosch Koramangala rear exit(Near Sachin's autoshop). It took half hour to reach Ganapathy temple road (about 600 meters). From then onwards, it took me 1.5 hours to reach my home in RT Nagar. Don't know why traffic was so bad. Sorely miss an Auto tranny car..
My left leg was screaming for mercy at the end of the day..
Old 30th October 2015, 14:44   #9635
Distinguished - BHPian

In the usual clooged roads today, saw 2 autodrivers facing off against each other when one tried to cut the other one off in a fully gridlocked junction. For a change it was nice to see two of a kind turn on each other.

Last evening also saw Tempo traveller smash into a Maruti from the side, the driver of the Tempo was casually sitting in his driver seat inspite of the Maruti driver having got out to argue with him. The Tempo got his way as due to traffic they had to keep moving and instead of parking by the side to settle the dispute he just drove off.

Its futile to argue in current traffic conditions given the cavalier attitude of motorists, just last month a driver of an Omni with half his body resting on the front door area with window rolled down still managed to rub against my car while callously changing lanes. Luckily a long scratch apart the fender & bumper were intact while his car obtained a long dent. Knowing its his fault he came forward to justify his actions by pinning the blame on me, I had no mood to argue and waved him on. He fled and I peacefully drove home. Better to shut up when the damage is already done.
dark.knight is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th October 2015, 15:07   #9636
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deehunk View Post
This rally means a lot to the native Bangaloreans, the largest lakes of our city has been destroyed beyond restoration. Does anyone remember the extent of Agara Lake which once existed? People brought up in this part of rural Bangalore once upon a time know the pain and intention behind this rally.
Leave out once upon a time! I am seeing the destruction of the varthur lake happening right in front of my eys everyday for the past 6 months.

I take varthur road -> panathur road which runs along the boundary of the lake to reach ORR from whitefield everyday.
I have seen in many places where the water boundary used to be close to the road, the real estate mafia have filled up the lake area next to the road.
This happens overnight and the next day morning you will suddenly find part of the lake missing and the land next to the road much will be higher than the road!
After the few weeks some sheds would come up on this land and one fine day, there will be a board announcing some lake view apartment and construction will follow soon.
This has happened even on the main state highway that connects varthur to whitefield!

The only problem that I saw with this rally when i crossed it was that it was taken over/lead by the same political parties who are equally responsible for all this mess!

Last edited by SR71-Blackbird : 30th October 2015 at 15:17.
SR71-Blackbird is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th October 2015, 16:51   #9637
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dark.knight View Post
In the usual clooged roads today, saw 2 autodrivers facing off against each other when one tried to cut the other one off in a fully gridlocked junction. For a change it was nice to see two of a kind turn on each other.
Indeed. Yesterday on my way back from office I saw a water tanker cut off an Indica (pushing it pretty much off the road - or whatever passes for road in that area - on the right side), come out, and get into a loud and physical argument about something. After a few moments of shouting the tanker guy lifted a large rock from the roadside and attempted to smash the windscreen of the Indica (or the target could have been the head of the cab driver; not sure). Didn't see how it all panned out, but thoroughly enjoyed the spectacle and not ashamed to say so.
Old 30th October 2015, 20:19   #9638
Senior - BHPian

Waterlogging on inner ring road. Traffic piled up at Srinivagilu. Police folks struggling to sort out the mess.
Old 30th October 2015, 21:12   #9639
BHPian

Is there any CCD / coffee shop past BIAL on NH-7 that remains open after 12-00 midnight ?
Old 31st October 2015, 17:20   #9640
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankan.m.blr View Post
Is there any CCD / coffee shop past BIAL on NH-7 that remains open after 12-00 midnight ?
I don't think so. Apart from few highway eateries, NH7 is devoid of any food joints.
If a long drive is what is on your mind, you can after drive head to BIAL CCD near arrival gate.
mpksuhas is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 31st October 2015, 17:40   #9641
BHPian

Any updates on the closure of u-turn in front of innovative marathalli.
adi_gt is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st October 2015, 18:19   #9642
BHPian

I passed through that area at around 8:30 PM yesterday night and found it closed. I am assuming it's going to continue for few more weeks or months till a better solution is found.
Old 31st October 2015, 21:46   #9643
Senior - BHPian

Looks like there is a massive block at Kudlu gate on Hosur Road. By the way any extra traffic police patrols out today to book "DD" cases??
Old 1st November 2015, 08:24   #9644
Senior - BHPian

There was a protest against pollution control board for allowing untreated sewage water from surrounding apartments into Somasundarapalya lake. This was the reason for inconvenience to some people yesterday
Old 1st November 2015, 08:25   #9645
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adi_gt View Post
It's a moon surface with 2km of only tractorable roads.
man, you can't even guess the mess after a rain in this road. People wanting to do off roading can try here!

Most Viewed