Team-BHP > Street Experiences

Search this Thread
Old 1st November 2015, 08:34   #9646
Senior - BHPian

Re: Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Napo View Post
I am assuming it's going to continue for few more weeks or months till a better solution is found.
These turns were planned during 2001-02, there is a lot of traffic jam due to idiotic drivers and Tempo travellers making U-turn. It is time to put a brake on the unnecessary food carts, shopping complex and restaurants on service roads. They should create more space on service roads. Better that this turn is closed till an alternate option is worked out.
deehunk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st November 2015, 10:48   #9647
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adi_gt View Post
Any updates on the closure of u-turn in front of innovative marathalli.
The U turn is still closed - as of yesterday night.. They have put a new signboard that one can take a U turn on the marthalli bridge..
Old 1st November 2015, 10:53   #9648
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deehunk View Post
They should create more space on service roads. Better that this turn is closed till an alternate option is worked out.
Service roads also may not be able to manage the burgeoning traffic due to the rise in number of tech parks and shopping malls. Look at what has happened near the EMC2 junction. Few years back this was a breeze going thru. They didn't even consider this junction for a flyover. Now this is a major traffic bottleneck I've stopped taking the ORR because of this reason
Old 1st November 2015, 15:06   #9649
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sachinpk View Post
Looks like there is a massive block at Kudlu gate on Hosur Road. By the way any extra traffic police patrols out today to book "DD" cases??
I was royally stuck in this massive jam for close to ~45 mins. God only knows what was the reason and that too on a Saturday evening

Quote:
Originally Posted by haria View Post
The U turn is still closed - as of yesterday night.. They have put a new signboard that one can take a U turn on the marthalli bridge..
It was open I when crossed this place around 2:30 and at 9 pm. May be motorist themselves were opening the barricade.

On a another note, witnessed an accident near the underpass opposite to Cessna tech park. I was in my car and doing around 50~60 kmph in the middle lane towards Marathahalli direction. There was this two wheeler on right most lane doing 40 kmph or so...behind them was a recklessly driven yellow school bus.

The bus was going straight and overtaking the bike from right hand side and the bus driver didn't noticed the divider between underpass and the middle service road.He wanted to take the underpass and made last second left cut and doing so hit the bike. The occupants of the bike were thrown out and the bike was dragged to 3~4 feets with sparks and all. Without even slowing down or looking what happened to the bike occupants the bus sped away.

The trio of of husband,wife and a 2~3 years old kid in bike were all hurt, bleeding from all over. I have taken them to VIMS hospital in Marathahalli and first aid was given. After some of their relatives arrived I left from there, hope they will recover soon.

Noticed few things from this incident,

1. Most of the ORR is badly lit
2. No proper sign/markings anywhere indicating divider/underpass/etc...
3. Two wheelers doing slow speed on fast lane
4. Useless crowd gathering after any accident. Everybody giving suggestions but nobody willing to help in anyway and adding to more chaos/traffic jam
5. Heartless/mindless drivers of these buses/cabs/tempos
Don't know where we are heading to and what will be the state of ORR down the line in 3~4 years...

Last edited by sbalagru6 : 1st November 2015 at 15:23.
sbalagru6 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st November 2015, 16:27   #9650
Senior - BHPian

The Nallurahalli road from Varthur road to Borewell road is relaid now.

Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-img_20151101_105020.jpg

The borewell road from Nallurahalli Junction to Whitefield road also has been patched up but many speed breakers have also been built.
pramodpk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st November 2015, 16:31   #9651
Senior - BHPian

November 1 is here and so are the potholes. Sigh

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/c...w/49052685.cms
Old 2nd November 2015, 06:52   #9652
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyBoi View Post
November 1 is here and so are the potholes. Sigh

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/c...w/49052685.cms
The condition of the service road on Marathahalli bridge leaves a lot to be desired. After crossing the bridge on ORR, most of the vehicles take a U turn on the left to the service road. This is not allowed as it is a 1 way but still vehicles go.
Somewhere on this service road, we have a huge chunk of sand being accumulated. This has been there for quite some time. Even in the available gap, vehicles drive rash as to who wins the race.
Old 2nd November 2015, 06:55   #9653
Distinguished - BHPian

http://www.bangaloremirror.com/banga.../49622192.cms?

ROAD TO KIA WILL BE TOTALLY SIGNAL-FREE

Unsure what exactly they are planning but hope it works!
Old 2nd November 2015, 09:30   #9654
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
http://www.bangaloremirror.com/banga.../49622192.cms?

ROAD TO KIA WILL BE TOTALLY SIGNAL-FREE

Unsure what exactly they are planning but hope it works!
Absolutely no idea what and how they are planning to do this. No chance of any rotary system like the one in windsor manor junction. So if they take off the signals all together, I am guessing at least the Kodigehalli junction will be absolutely chaotic.
Old 2nd November 2015, 09:44   #9655
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankan.m.blr View Post
Is there any CCD / coffee shop past BIAL on NH-7 that remains open after 12-00 midnight ?
There is a CCD, though not sure if it remain open after midnight.

https://goo.gl/maps/uJAS9YbRFT72
adnaps is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd November 2015, 09:50   #9656
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandsun7 View Post
Absolutely no idea what and how they are planning to do this. No chance of any rotary system like the one in windsor manor junction. So if they take off the signals all together, I am guessing at least the Kodigehalli junction will be absolutely chaotic.
Also I hope they do not do something like the Graphite India-Hoody area...Signal free yet chaotic
hemanth.anand is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd November 2015, 21:38   #9657
Senior - BHPian

I wept.

Took me a cool 1 hour and 50 minutes from Electronic City to Koramangala 8th Block. This usually takes me 45 minutes max. I'd started from office at 7:15 and reached home at just after 9. Wow, whatever even happened?

Even the BETL was jammed from way behind the lay-bye! I just cannot imagine the plight of people who would have had to travel further. And the car guys too.

I thank the good lord that it didn't rain at least.

Tomorrow - a mail begging the HR to allow us to work from home on Mondays and Fridays.

Last edited by naveenroy : 2nd November 2015 at 21:41.
Old 2nd November 2015, 21:58   #9658
Distinguished - BHPian

All men/women who had a horrible today commute please stand up!

Today I reached KR Puram from ITPL quite early, which was a surprise, just to lose all the time in the city center with water logged roads and heavy rain. Still managed to reach home in 1:45hrs something like 4:25 left office(MBRDI, ITPL) and reached home at 6:10(BSK 2nd stage).

Biggest joke today was my dad was a block ahead of me in the traffic after lifestyle junction and he turned left towards Richmond town. It seems there was a heavy gridlock and he advised me to avoid that road. I continued towards double road and reached home, while he was still at Urvashi junction When I reached home I was surprised to see that his car was not yet there and then I came to know of this news.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
I was told it rained a lot on the old Airport road.
We did a lot of river crossing today on Old airport road.

Last edited by audioholic : 2nd November 2015 at 22:05.
Old 2nd November 2015, 21:59   #9659
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemanth.anand View Post
Also I hope they do not do something like the Graphite India-Hoody area...Signal free yet chaotic
If you are on a two wheeler, you can take the short cut and avoid Graphite. Take a right before Brookefield mall, about a KM of mud road and you reach Divyashree techpark.
Old 2nd November 2015, 22:01   #9660
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveenroy View Post
I thank the good lord that it didn't rain at least.
I was told it rained a lot on the old Airport road. My daughter takes a bus daily at 6 pm from Whitefield to Kodihalli, and it takes about an hour. Today it took her 2 hours due to rain. I believe the bus took only 45 minutes to reach HAL area, but more than an hour for the remaining 3 to 4 kms!

She was toying with the idea of driving to work, if I transfer a car to Blr from Hyderabad. But given the chaotic traffic, I dissuaded her from that idea. This apart, the life tax issue is something that cannot be ignored.

Most Viewed