Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th November 2015, 00:05   #9706
Senior - BHPian

Re: Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parth46 View Post
Left Manyata tech park at 3:30 PM today and reached home in CV Raman nagar at 630PM, a full 3+ hours later!
Whoops!

I always thought leaving before 5:00PM was the best thing to do in terms of Bangalore traffic. Leave alone 3:30PM!

The whole of Murgeshpalya was jammed today at around 8:10PM.

And what is with Kundalahalli Gate in the mornings? The traffic seemed okay for a few days and now, traffic is backed up all the way to Marathahalli Bridge.

Another specimen was annoying me on the road today. A Hyundai Verna, KA03MH3357. Was tailgating me at high speeds and continuously honking to get me to move to the side. All this when I was on the left lane!

I waved my hand and asked him to overtake from the right. He continued to tailgate me and kept honking. At a point, it is scary to have a maniac like this behind you, especially when you are on a bike!
Old 4th November 2015, 10:55   #9707
Senior - BHPian

The Big Bazaar junction near ITPL is becoming a real pain these days. Traffic is backed up almost 2 KMS towards Hope farm in the morning and till almost Vydehi in the evening. The road from Hope farm is full of potholes and the junction is completely broken after the rains. To add to the woes, one lane near the junction is dug up.
Old 4th November 2015, 11:13   #9708
BHPian

Wonder where there was a traffic snarl between Marthahalli & Tin Factory today morning. I drove from Hosakote to CV Raman nagar and today for the first time ever, I did not have to down shift or brake in tin factory. There was almost zero traffic today morning at 7:45 AM. This is not possible, unless the traffic is held up somewhere else
PatchyBoy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th November 2015, 11:24   #9709
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatchyBoy View Post
Wonder where there was a traffic snarl between Marthahalli & Tin Factory today morning. I drove from Hosakote to CV Raman nagar and today for the first time ever, I did not have to down shift or brake in tin factory. There was almost zero traffic today morning at 7:45 AM. This is not possible, unless the traffic is held up somewhere else
Same here, albeit I did it an hour earlier and towards ITPL. Was pleasantly surprised and my guess is that the trains must have gotten delayed.
Old 4th November 2015, 11:31   #9710
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatchyBoy View Post
I too faced very little traffic on ORR near Panathur upto Ecospace. I assumed that there must be a choke somewhere up-north.
Old 4th November 2015, 11:39   #9711
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashwin.terminat View Post
Whoops!

I always thought leaving before 5:00PM was the best thing to do in terms of Bangalore traffic. Leave alone 3:30PM!
It generally is a better way to beat traffic! I normally leave MTP around 3:30/4 and be home in an hour to take care of all the meetings/conference calls in the evening with US based colleagues.

Yesterday, it was raining heavily when I left, and the ENTIRE 18 Kms stretch was just crawling, it was bumper to bumper ALL THE WAY.

Like I said, one of the worst traffic nightmares ever.
Old 4th November 2015, 12:19   #9712
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambivalent_98 View Post
I too faced very little traffic on ORR near Panathur upto Ecospace. I assumed that there must be a choke somewhere up-north.

Or is it because most of them are working from home or taken off after 2 days of carnage.
Old 4th November 2015, 12:38   #9713
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiran_cr View Post
Or is it because most of them are working from home or taken off after 2 days of carnage.
Don't know about others, but I am working from home.

Yesterday evening traffic on the ITPL main road had enough of me.
sidzz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th November 2015, 13:10   #9714
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidzz View Post
Don't know about others, but I am working from home.
Me too. Last two days - five hours in traffic each day had tested enough of my patience. Working from Home today.
gopikb is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th November 2015, 13:46   #9715
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gopikb View Post
Me too. Last two days - five hours in traffic each day had tested enough of my patience. Working from Home today.
Sorry to be speculative but I expect the traffic craziness to be at it's peak tomorrow, with all the folks who worked from home in the last 2/3 days being on the road and if it rains, all hell will break loose, especially in the Whitefield area
NPV is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th November 2015, 16:40   #9716
BHPian

There is a grid-lock already inside Pritech Park and Ecospace which shows no sign of abating.
Old 4th November 2015, 16:59   #9717
BHPian

As expected ecospace jammed totally. Added to that construction of FOB has eaten up some space outside ecospace on the service road. Added to that cabbies parked nearby creating a bottle neck on a bottle neck.
Old 4th November 2015, 17:15   #9718
BHPian

With the rains these days in Bangalore, the traffic situation has become horrendous. I normally take 20 minutes for the 8km trip from home to office in Whitefield. However, the past few days have become a nightmare. Traffic is building up for unknown reasons. I am taking up to 1 hour these days. The roads are pathetic, adding to woes.

Irony is that I see cops closing in on other state registered cars. All I can do is laugh to myself. They cause some of the build-ups. And to think that we are driving on pot-holed roads and then be penalized just because my car is not KA registered is even more.
Old 4th November 2015, 17:34   #9719
Distinguished - BHPian

Dreading my commute today from Shantinagar area to North Bangalore. Totally jammed outside and GMaps looking a solid red nearly everywhere :-(
Old 4th November 2015, 17:40   #9720
Senior - BHPian

What is wrong with the traffic last few weeks folks?

I know its raining past couple of days, but even when its not been raining for a couple of hours why is everything so choked ?

My commute is PTP to HSR Layout.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks