Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th November 2015, 09:12   #9736
Senior - BHPian

Re: Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post

At 0630 am as well, there is a another bottleneck towards the city - All buses returning from Hyderabad stop between Esteem Mall and the start of the Hebbal flyover to alight passengers on the middle of the road only because the shoulder and a lane is filled with OLAs, Ubers and Autorickshaws. Adding to this are ORRCA and Regular BMTC Volvos parked to start their journey towards KR Puram and they park right here at this time of the day (And not at their designated starting point).

So, even when I am leaving home at 0630, I now happily take the Mathikere-IISc-Sankey Tank option to reach Cauvery Junction on Bellary Road. Much peaceful and always free flowing and no ruffian Airport cabs at least till here.
I see this regularly at 6.20 AM when I pass by. The main culprits are the BMTC volvos who take up a couple of lanes on the left side waiting for people alighting from the Hyderabad-Bangalore buses. The problem intensifies on Mondays. Most other days, I am able to pass through pretty quickly.
sandsun7 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th November 2015, 09:17   #9737
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
Me
Too bad I can't WFH else this whole week I would have stayed back actually.
The morning traffic scene wasn't bad, quite similar to regular days, took 45 minutes to get to Whitefield.
Hope there's no rain in the evening, keeping my fingers crossed
Rain will mean I have to brave the predators (vehicles) and the crazy ring itself (roads in Whitefield).
"May the Force be with you"

Last edited by NPV : 5th November 2015 at 09:18.
NPV is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th November 2015, 09:56   #9738
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemanth.anand View Post
Traffic under Bommasandra flyover is as usual CRAZY! took 20 minutes to pass under the flyover and take a right turn
This would soon become a mess. Another mess is at Chandapura on Saturday evenings (when the weekly market is just about to close). The permutation-combination possible here is mind boggling. You cant predict which vehicle comes from which direction.
Old 5th November 2015, 15:18   #9739
Distinguished - BHPian

Looks like the sun is out & smiling today, we may see some light-medium showers in the evening or possibly night but nowhere near the average rains for the past 3-4 days. Huge relief.

At last a sense of normalcy and a long enough break to dry the roads up.
Old 5th November 2015, 15:27   #9740
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dark.knight View Post
Looks like the sun is out & smiling today, we may see some light-medium showers in the evening or possibly night but nowhere near the average rains for the past 3-4 days. Huge relief.

At last a sense of normalcy and a long enough break to dry the roads up.
I have been following the IMD Website since morning and checking the cloud formation/Movement trends and realized that we should have lesser rants for today.

In fact, you never know, everything will be perfect and yet we will have to rant that there was jam at Silkboard
paragsachania is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th November 2015, 15:32   #9741
BHPian

What about the newly created potholes in the last 3 days? When will BBMP fix those?
Old 5th November 2015, 16:43   #9742
Distinguished - BHPian

I work for a large IT company in Bangalore that has 5 major offices (and other smaller ones). We've just received an announcement that over the next 5 months, we will transition into treating Bangalore as 2 logical cities, one with 3 offices and the other with 2 offices. Employees will be allocated to one of these 2 logical cities (presumably based on their residence/preference), will be assigned projects based on which logical city they belong to, office transport will be based in and around those logical cities, etc. There's also a change in working hours, with the official workday starting at 8 am.

It will be interesting to see how this works out in reality. As an employee/commuter, I welcome this. As someone who also needs to recruit staff to projects, it'll be interesting to see what happens when a suitable candidate belongs to the 'other' logical city.

Last edited by arunphilip : 5th November 2015 at 16:58.
arunphilip is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 5th November 2015, 16:50   #9743
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
jam at Silkboard
Mandatory! Will be created by BMTC buses as and when rains fail to do their job.
Old 5th November 2015, 17:20   #9744
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidzz View Post
What about the newly created potholes in the last 3 days? When will BBMP fix those?
This time APRIL FOOLS DAY (1st April 2016).Ultimately the public is being considered a bunch of fools.
suresh_gs is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th November 2015, 19:20   #9745
BHPian

http://www.bangaloremirror.com/banga.../49665351.cms?

I liked the last part of this article. Probably we should encourage seeking help from external sources to resolve the traffic issues.
sunishsamuel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th November 2015, 20:07   #9746
Senior - BHPian

And it took 25 mins today from office to home. EC to Koramangala. Wow.
naveenroy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th November 2015, 06:51   #9747
Senior - BHPian

Folks
A MAJOR TRAFFIC ALERT

A water tanker has broken down bang opposite Hyper City on the Graphite India Main road towards CMRIT direction.
The tanker is on the right side close to the road divider. So users BEWARE.
Old 6th November 2015, 07:57   #9748
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suresh_gs View Post
Folks
A MAJOR TRAFFIC ALERT

A water tanker has broken down bang opposite Hyper City on the Graphite India Main road towards CMRIT direction.
The tanker is on the right side close to the road divider. So users BEWARE.
Dont understand why this truck had to break down in the right side of the road. If something is wrong, cant the driver at least pull towards the left before the truck completely gives up?

I too passed this stretch and though there wasnt a jam, it will turn to one shortly as traffic increases. Given that the bus stop is just a few meters behind this spot, it will cause a heavy bottleneck.
Old 6th November 2015, 08:00   #9749
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arunphilip View Post
over the next 5 months, we will transition into treating Bangalore as 2 logical cities
That sounds a very interesting approach. I know many companies do this in Mumbai (at the very least, a similar separation between Mumbai and Navi Mumbai). Do you know how the logical division is being done at your organization? Which areas belong to one city and which to the other?
binand is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 6th November 2015, 08:41   #9750
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by binand View Post
Do you know how the logical division is being done at your organization? Which areas belong to one city and which to the other?
Right now, we've only gotten high-level information, we'll probably know the details better as we move forward. It also remains to be seen how this changes things on the ground - right now it makes for impressive news and PR.

In terms of which areas belong to which city - the 3 offices in the ITPL and Marathalli areas are grouped into one logical city - presumably, this will benefit people living in and around Whitefield, North-East Bangalore, etc. There are 2 offices in South and West Bangalore, and those will comprise the other logical city. This should benefit people staying in BTM, Jayanagar, JP Nagar, etc. There are other minor offices which were not covered in this initial notification, although by location they are mostly in South Bangalore.

Quote:
All employees would've signed on an agreement clause that they will be willing to relocate to any other city right? Maybe that will be enforced but in that case the 'suitable' employee should get a relocation allowance too.
Agreed - employees who are asked to relocate between cities get a relocation allowance. Would the same apply to these logical cities? Or will they be given Rs. 10,000 using Monopoly money?

Quote:
What would be the names of the Logical cities - Silk and White would be nice names I feel; named after the most talked about locations on this thread
A friend and I were joking that we need to name the logical cities as 'Bangalore East' and 'Bangalore Rest'!

Last edited by arunphilip : 6th November 2015 at 08:55.
arunphilip is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks