Team-BHP > Street Experiences

Search this Thread
Old 16th November 2015, 14:10   #9856
Senior - BHPian

Re: Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation

Had a torturous ride to office today.

Left from my place at 9:55AM, reached my workplace, which is 18km away at 12:10PM!

Huge traffic jam first at the Manipal Hospital Junction that had backed up all the way to Domlur almost. Then again got stuck after HAL when I was just about to enter Varthur Main Road. Finally, got stuck again at Marathahalli Bridge.

Adding to the mess created by the roads(or lack thereof), the rains and bad drivers, you have exceptional cases like a gentleman I saw in a Fabia - KA 04 MN 1314 today. Changing lanes at the drop a hat in the midst of heavy, heavy traffic.
Old 16th November 2015, 14:16   #9857
Senior - BHPian

Wow, looks like traffic jams galore today! Something told me to stay away and hence wfh. I am seriously contemplating moving somewhere closer to office.
Old 16th November 2015, 15:31   #9858
BANNED

Full of traffic jam today near Ramamurty nagar,TIN factory ,Devasanda main road.

Struck at RM bridge for 1 hour ,started at 8AM from Banaswadi reached Graphite signal

at 11.45 AM.One of the worst jam .
Old 16th November 2015, 15:56   #9859
BHPian

Freak, Took 1 hr to travel 6 kms from BEML layout brookefield to Ecospace, that too around 2 pm. Initial 3 kms took 40 mins. There was traffic right from the entry of Kundanahalli bridge towards Old Airport road.I think the major cause is the U-turn just after the marathalli bridge and the traffic coming from Tulsi theatre road, combinded with private and BMTC busses parked on the left. Why cant they block the right turn for traffic coming from Tulsi theatre road, that itself would be a big relief and the U-turn as well, vehicles going to Kundanahalli side from ORR can instead take the U-turn at ISRO junction, its lot more peaceful to take U-turn there.

Add to that, the roads which were fine last week have gone bad today, The kadubeesanahalli underpass was was re-relaid (Its not a typo), 10 days back, and today hoping it will be smooth, took it at speeds and my car took nice beating . And I dare never take the service lane under the Ecospace flyover, the road is dug right in the middle and you will remain confused as to which side of the road to follow and right when you decide, you will be greeted with a autowala or a biker shamelessly coming in wrong direction. Thankfully, The barricades have been opened to directly enter Ecospace from ORR.

Last edited by karts : 16th November 2015 at 15:59.
Old 16th November 2015, 16:10   #9860
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
Yes!
And the cluster of potholes beneath the Hanging bridge at the KR Puram Railway station junction have deepened. Same is the case outside Zuri.
By far the worst roads in Bangalore are now in Whitefield. A new break in median has come up just past the ABB/Bhoruka signal so motorists can now enjoy another place of criss-crossing . This section between ABB signal and Hoodi signal is a shame since a wide 4 lane one way road has barely 2 usable lanes, 1 on either side of the median
The every day commute from my home at Singasandra to Waitfield (Yes, we should rename Whitefield to Waitfield, considering the time we spend waiting to either reach there, or to get out from there) resembles a obstacle race track now a days. It have got everything from deep potholes, slushy patches, water crossing and what not. A perfect way to horn your skill, if you ever intent to take to motocross, either as a passion or as a profession.

Today, it took about 2 hour 15 minutes for me to reach office on bike, and by far, this holds the record for maximum time spend to reach office for me. All the interior roads were jam packed, either due to bad roads or water logging, and few roads which were good were clogged due to haphazard parking.

The stretch from ABB to PSN can give you the best teaching, in the art of fine balancing your bike, while avoiding putting your foot in slush. As NPV said, it is a shame that the wide 4 lane road have just 2 usable lanes, but then I this this is BBMPs way of teaching the commuters the fruit of patience and the art of discipline. I am sure some entrepreneuring spirit will come up with courses in Automobile-Yoga which will help you calm your nerves and can look at traffic with detachment, while keeping your blood pressure low.

Now only if some startup can come up with a roving tea stall which sells hot tea and pakoras, I wish.

--Anoop
theexperthand is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 16th November 2015, 16:53   #9861
BHPian

Just looked out of my office pantry window.
There is a huge traffic pile up on the road leading to old Big Bazaar Junction from Vydehi hospital side. There was no movement on the road till the time i finished my cup of coffee.
Old 16th November 2015, 17:11   #9862
BHPian

Something has to be done to the ecospace mess. Today at 12 PM, the backup started from agara junction (almost 6kms away) and once I crossed ecospace, it was smooth sailing. IT should not be called ecospace but rather unecospace considering the amount of time and fuel wasted due to its presence.
etrast75 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th November 2015, 17:25   #9863
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by etrast75 View Post
Something has to be done to the ecospace mess. Today at 12 PM, the backup started from agara junction (almost 6kms away) and once I crossed ecospace, it was smooth sailing. IT should not be called ecospace but rather unecospace considering the amount of time and fuel wasted due to its presence.
Something is being done, just not what we'd like for peaceful commuting. The godforsaken campus is expanding further, while more are coming up adjacent to it, as if what exists isn't bad enough already.

Whoever signed off on the Ecospace twin flyovers should be made to drive around that spot in circles all day long, everyday for the rest of his/her life. I was entertaining violent thoughts for a second, but then why should the crazy bureaucrat get an easy exit while we endure the nightmare daily?
Chetan_Rao is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th November 2015, 17:38   #9864
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidzz View Post
Just looked out of my office pantry window.
There is a huge traffic pile up on the road leading to old Big Bazaar Junction from Vydehi hospital side. There was no movement on the road till the time i finished my cup of coffee.
I am unfortunately caught in that pile up. Moved 50 metres in 30 mins and stopped.
Old 16th November 2015, 17:47   #9865
Distinguished - BHPian

This is the best part isn't it. Despite of being a not so quick option, we still manage to pass on live updates of being stuck in a Jam, at times when behind the wheel & stationary for more than 30 minutes.

This thread keeps getting updates faster than any instant messaging service on Mobiles . Speaks volumes about the hardship each one faces.
paragsachania is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th November 2015, 18:26   #9866
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karts View Post
Thankfully, The barricades have been opened to directly enter Ecospace from ORR.
Assuming this is for the vehicles which are coming from Silkboard\HSR side, the moment I read you comment, I dread something like this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by etrast75 View Post

Last time they opened up the road and made the entry possible from ORR, it created HUGE backlogs which took hours to clear and put all the commuters in misery. I hope they NEVER open up the divider on ORR to allow vehicles to enter from Silkboard\HSR side to Ecospace directly.

--Anoop
Old 16th November 2015, 18:29   #9867
BHPian

Folks, consider using old airport road. Traffic is moving very smoothly. I travelled Marathalli IOC fuel station till Domlur flyover in just 15 mins. Hope this helps.
Selective is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 16th November 2015, 19:17   #9868
Senior - BHPian

In the morning at 10:10AM, it took 1 hour, 15 mins to cover 2.5km from Kadugodi to Hope Farm to ITPL. Never been in a worst jam before. Walking speed as per Google maps was 30 mins to cover the same!
The whole stretch infront of ITPL is a trench with craters, and some road surface peaking out :-(

Totally absent administration in Whitefield!
Old 16th November 2015, 19:40   #9869
Senior - BHPian

I'm don't post here as I never felt the need to do so until today!

Home (Arekere mico layout) to Kadrenahalli underpass via Puttenahalli main road took 50 minutes compared normal 20 minutes. 0950-1040hrs.
No apparent fallen tree/broken down bus slowing traffic!
Old 16th November 2015, 20:01   #9870
BHPian

In fact in my opinion bbmp should charge people for using this Moto cross facility.

Most Viewed