Team-BHP > Street Experiences

Search this Thread
Old 16th November 2015, 20:07   #9871
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chetan_Rao View Post
Something is being done, just not what we'd like for peaceful commuting. The godforsaken campus is expanding further, while more are coming up adjacent to it, as if what exists isn't bad enough already.
+1. Just Ecospace and around, following are the things we can expect (from what I have read and heard)
  • Still a few buildings in progress in the Ecospace/Pritech Campus and the ones next to it.
  • RMZ Ecoworld is just half done. Several buildings in progress. Space for more beyond Adarsh Apartments. I read that Shell has signed on for a 6000 people campus.
  • Adarsh Apartments. Several towers in progress, at least 1000+ apartments. There is also an extension-Adarsh Lake Front, that has been launched.
  • Adarsh is developing a Hotel (was supposed to be Shangri La) inside the Ecoworld campus.
  • Folks would have already noticed the new Marriot Courtyard and Fairfield that has opened between Intel and Ecospace.
  • Huge tech park next to Decathlon on Sarjapur Road. May seem far at first glance. But if you exit from behind Ecoworld/Adarsh and take a right, it lands up at Sarjapur Road close to this new Tech Park. Expect a huge spurt in vehicles using the back roads to get on to ORR (Considering that Sarjapur Road is already a big mess)
  • Large number of new apartment complexes further down Sarjapur Road. Lot of the traffic from there is going to hit ORR via Ecoworld or Panathur.

Last edited by Rajeevraj : 16th November 2015 at 20:10.
Rajeevraj is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 16th November 2015, 20:23   #9872
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancer_rit View Post
In the morning at 10:10AM, it took 1 hour, 15 mins to cover 2.5km from Kadugodi to Hope Farm to ITPL. Never been in a worst jam before. Walking speed as per Google maps was 30 mins to cover the same!
The whole stretch infront of ITPL is a trench with craters, and some road surface peaking out :-(

Totally absent administration in Whitefield!
Took 1 hour 25 minutes to cover 1 km from KTPO to Big Bazaar at 5:00 pm today. Total 4 kms from office to home took 2 hours. Could have walked in 40 mins. Unfortunately that is also not possible due to lack of footpath, slush and water every where and risk of being run over by vehicles
Old 16th November 2015, 20:43   #9873
BHPian

Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation

Spent 2 hours to reach upto Zuri Hotel from KTPO thru Big bazar junction - a distance of 3 kms. Started at 6 and reached at 8pm in the evening.
Old 16th November 2015, 21:22   #9874
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
Extremely slow moving traffic this morning, took 90 minutes to cover 11Km from Gopalan Mall to Whitefield. Used just 1st and 2nd gear almost all the way.
Thanks to the superb roads around Whitefield, we have streams, deep potholes, stagnant water patches, dug up roads, everything that can help make it disastrous in such weather. Luckily most motorists seemed to be driving sanely not taking any risks with crazy maneuvers.
I saw this massive massive traffic jam extending from my office in Mahadevapura till Hoodi junction while driving happily on the other side with absolutely nil traffic , It looked really bad. There was some work going on as well I think opposite at the ABB junction. The road from ABB to Hoodi is worst of the worst roads. Who will say this road connects to the industrial hubs of Bangalore. Looks like a village road.
Old 16th November 2015, 21:52   #9875
Senior - BHPian

Was stuck in the epip area for a good 3 hours. Left my office at 6:30pm at total mall, doddanekundi and reached home in Whitefield at 9:30. I have never seen traffic this bad in my last 10 years living in bangalore. Three hours for 8km is beyond retarded.
Old 16th November 2015, 22:39   #9876
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by reignofchaos View Post
Was stuck in the epip area for a good 3 hours. Left my office at 6:30pm at total mall, doddanekundi and reached home in Whitefield at 9:30. I have never seen traffic this bad in my last 10 years living in bangalore. Three hours for 8km is beyond retarded.
Which route did you take?
Old 16th November 2015, 22:46   #9877
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by pgupta View Post
Spent 2 hours to reach upto Zuri Hotel from KTPO thru Big bazar junction - a distance of 3 kms. Started at 6 and reached at 8pm in the evening.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pramodpk View Post
Took 1 hour 25 minutes to cover 1 km from KTPO to Big Bazaar at 5:00 pm today. Total 4 kms from office to home took 2 hours. Could have walked in 40 mins.

Today I left office at 430 and it took 15mins just to reach the main road 400m away near PSN gate. From there it took another 15mins to cross Zuri. Just pathetic state of the road. From there since it had already been 5PM, had trouble inside the city and reached home two hours later. By far the worst commute, worse than during last week rains.

I still see ITPL area being dark red and most of my colleagues who left work after 6 havent reached home yet. Was not able to understand how things could be so worse.
Old 16th November 2015, 22:53   #9878
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohanak1 View Post
Which route did you take?
The usual alpine eco route. From the graphite signal to Hope Farm was completely jammed.
Old 16th November 2015, 22:59   #9879
BHPian

Quote:
The usual alpine eco route. From the graphite signal to Hope Farm was completely jammed.
I went from my office to Hoodi at around 4:45 in less than 10 minutes. Possibly there was traffic after that. May be using the graphite signal -> abb -> hoodi -> Hope farm would have been better a option for you
Old 16th November 2015, 23:14   #9880
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by theexperthand View Post
Assuming this is for the vehicles which are coming from Silkboard\HSR side, the moment I read you comment, I dread something like this:
No, The entry am talking about is the one for cars coming from Marathalli side.
karts is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th November 2015, 23:16   #9881
Senior - BHPian

My commute home today:

Distance 12km
Time taken 26 minutes

Ah! Now I get it! I didn't go anywhere near Whitefield!! My commute is now BSK 2nd Stage to Bommanahalli.

Roads at 11pm were totally empty. Everyone staying at home I guess?
Old 17th November 2015, 00:07   #9882
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karts View Post
No, The entry am talking about is the one for cars coming from Marathalli side.
Huge relief reading this. Today, I took 30 minutes from my office (PSN) to hoodi and 26 minutes from hoodi to home (Singasandra) - started by 9.30 and was home by 10.30.

--Anoop
Old 17th November 2015, 01:00   #9883
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (7)

A worthy addition to the "mad junction" club would be the sarjapur rd - haralur rd junction (opp big bazar store) - truly lunar. Even 2 wheelers can't find a narrow strip of tarmac to snake through. Also, this junction experiences "peak traffic" situation between 12 noon to 4 pm and sparse traffic between 11 pm and 7 am. To describe the traffic at other times, especially times which are considered "peak hours" by the rest of the world; would require many beeps. Plus we have cement trucks (to and from the cement plant on haralur road) pounding the surface into submission. If you have to experience the black gates of mordor in real life, this is the place to be.
Old 17th November 2015, 06:42   #9884
Senior - BHPian

WARNING:

Massive traffic from PSN till Kundanahalli on both carriageways now at 6:40am !!

Super heavy traffic between Agara and Bellandur.

Rear ending of 2 indicabs in front of that salarpuria park humps.

Last edited by Soumyajit9 : 17th November 2015 at 06:54.
Old 17th November 2015, 06:52   #9885
Senior - BHPian

Folks: A MAJOR TRAFFIC ALERT

A Toyota Etios car rear ended a tata indica close to Ravindu Toyota showroom on ORR. Looks like both the cars suffered considerable damage.
Hopefully there is no traffic jam but you never know
suresh_gs is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed