Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd November 2015, 20:50   #10021
Senior - BHPian

Re: Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation

Remember the earlier meme where Matthew wanted to stay back for an hour in space ?

Well he decided to come back to earth, and poor guy got stuck.....

Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-fb_img_1448291678274.jpg

Source: FB
Soumyajit9 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 23rd November 2015, 22:11   #10022

Not a rant, but a call to action for the recent causes of many rants for all of us who commute or live in Whitefield. <disclaimer> Mods, i haven't seen this shared before, hence posting, feel free to remove if this is a duplicate </disclaimer>

Protest planned on Nov. 30th at the locations mentioned in the 'poster' below. Please do join in and participate, also spread the word among your fellow office goers and colleagues. If you could also print and paste this in your car window, that would be really good publicity !

The facebook event page is located here: https://www.facebook.com/events/1659174721007422/

The Kannada version is available here: https://scontent.fmaa1-2.fna.fbcdn.n...50294910_o.jpg

Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-20151123083319.jpg
RAV1 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd November 2015, 22:38   #10023
JD1
BHPian

Another tedious day - there wasn't a single "slow" moving area towards ITPL in morning (all were RED on google maps) and we took Nallurahalli road and were stuck for 45 minutes.
Evening was worse - took 2.5 hours to reach HSR from Vydehi! For the first time we got stuck on Chinnapanahalli railway crossing road for 1 hour! (and we decided to take that bad road after looking at all the options!).

Also looks like BTP has given up on Ecospace. Here is BTP's response to somebody's complaint about Ecospace mess on their FB page-
================
Dear ..., this is one of the problems of urbanization the civic agency like BBMP need to take infrastructure development on war footing. The Eco space has already reached 5 times than its capacity and already request has been submitted to BBMP for flyover, We r doing our best to clear the traffic in and surrounding.
================
Old 24th November 2015, 07:49   #10024
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
Whitefield Alert
I was on the same stretch of road an hour later. The madness started even before you could get to the U Turn at ATM intersection. Bumper to bumper, all the way till Mahadevpura. The road opened up after this. Off course, the usual traffic pile up was there at Honda and leading right up to tin factory. I did a quick check on gmaps on the best route to take, to approach Cox town from tin factory and was advised to go via Kasturi Nagar. OMR was solid red from the Metro entry point. Banaswadi Main Road is also giving up, just before you hit Jayabharath nagar. I can't imagine the chaos once that new mall opens. The 18.5km trip on Uber which should have cost approximately Rs. 200, ended up at at Rs. 308, thanks to the traffic. Time wise, I think I did okay at 1hr22min.
Old 24th November 2015, 09:19   #10025
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD1 View Post
Also looks like BTP has given up on Ecospace. Here is BTP's response to somebody's complaint about Ecospace mess on their FB page-
I really pity the cops. I am not saying they are completely innocent and they are doing their best in the deadly infrastructure that BDA / BBMP has given them to work with. They have kinda given up and thus if you see while going via Ecospace , rarely you will see a traffic cops and the Ecospace security is running the show and many times they do a shoddy job treating the place like their personal property.
To rub salt in the wounds the roads are completely wounded. Sometimes it feels as if no one is bothered about those poor roads. I wonder why these multi-billion dollar tech-parks that dot the city don't take it upon themselves to maintain the roads. I don't care if they put huge billboards tom-toming their sponsorship. The employees working inside them are also suffering daily
Apart from this Ecoworld is a disaster in the making. It is incomplete (not all buildings / residential spaces completed) and has a flyover bang at its exit. There has to be a major shakeup of the traffic system else things are going to fall apart.
ambivalent_98 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th November 2015, 09:50   #10026
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambivalent_98 View Post
I wonder why these multi-billion dollar tech-parks that dot the city don't take it upon themselves to maintain the roads.
First of all, why should they, and, do you really think the BBMP will allow them to touch the road. Eco Space own/lease the land they occupy, not the roads that lead to it. Besides; even if Ecospace did wish to fix the road, they will probably have to bribe half the neighbourhood goons before getting some form of approval.

I am not sure how many folks have noticed this, BBMP have put up a huge banner at Manyata tech park on ring road calling them tax defaulters. They have quoted the figure too. Why do such a thing? Let us say, Manyata pay up, is the BBMP going to fix the traffic mess in front of the IT Park? No way.

Last edited by sandeepmohan : 24th November 2015 at 09:58.
Old 24th November 2015, 10:36   #10027
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeepmohan View Post
why should they, and, do you really think the BBMP will allow them to touch the road
The onus is on the BBMP to ensure there is adequate road infra before approving such multi-crore projects. What really happens is there for all to see and experience. The BBMP will not let anyone else take up maintaining the roads, as this will starve many in this unholy nexus of officials, civil contractors, labour contractors et al of their unaccounted cash flow.

Quote:
I am not sure how many folks have noticed this, BBMP have put up a huge banner at Manyata tech park on ring road calling them tax defaulters. They have quoted the figure too. Why do such a thing?
Here lies the answer:
http://www.thehindu.com/news/cities/...cle7909359.ece
silversteed is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 24th November 2015, 11:04   #10028
Senior - BHPian

As per today's paper, bbmp has already spent 600 + cr on fixing the roads in the last few months. Not sure which currency they were talking about, couldn't be inr.
sammyboy is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 24th November 2015, 11:35   #10029
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammyboy View Post
As per today's paper, bbmp has already spent 600 + cr on fixing the roads in the last few months. Not sure which currency they were talking about, couldn't be inr.
Wow, undoubtedly they've fixed them for good, can anyone find potholes in Bangalore ? Which roads are they claiming to have fixed ? We now have just holes, no roads!
They've (d)rained away another 600 Cr ? Amazing! Maybe they're using Monopoly play currency and playing a game on the hapless citizens ?

Last edited by NPV : 24th November 2015 at 11:37.
NPV is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th November 2015, 11:58   #10030
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Could be Syrian currency as it has nosedived by 1/6th of its earlier currency value. These BBMP folks are trying to bring moon to earth so that it will be easy for kids to understand what moon is all about.
suresh_gs is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 24th November 2015, 12:41   #10031
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by silversteed View Post
Why go through the pain of putting up a flex board, I fail to understand. It is not an officially recognized method of dues recovery. If the plan is: “Even after putting flex banners, if they fail to clear the dues, we will take appropriate action as prescribed by the Karnataka Municipal Corporations Act, 1976, which includes seizing the property” then start on the seizure without the flex at all. Start with cancelling permits. Get BESCOM to cancel power supply. Get KFES to cancel fire clearance (which will in turn automatically cancel the explosives license required to store diesel for generators). That should get the collection going. Why not really work towards recovering dues instead of these flashy but ineffective methods?
binand is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 24th November 2015, 13:44   #10032
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by binand View Post
Why not really work towards recovering dues instead of these flashy but ineffective methods?
I think "flashy" is the operative word there.

Maybe the BBMP is trying to show how cash-strapped it "supposedly" is by showing who has defaulted and by how much.

Putting up hoardings might get the naive lot to think that these defaulters are the sole cause of Bangalore's misery.

Doing the things you mentioned would get any tech park to pay any due taxes within a matter of days.
ashwin.terminat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th November 2015, 13:58   #10033
BHPian

Quote:
ah ! hang on.. i know who ate the 600 cr. Sure its not the currency
Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-all_you_cat_eat.jpg

Last edited by FuelInjector : 24th November 2015 at 14:01.
Old 24th November 2015, 14:19   #10034
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeepmohan View Post
First of all, why should they, and, do you really think the BBMP will allow them to touch the road. Eco Space own/lease the land they occupy, not the roads that lead to it. Besides; even if Ecospace did wish to fix the road, they will probably have to bribe half the neighbourhood goons before getting some form of approval.
If I am not mistaken the IT parks are all owned (in form of land or corporations) by some political bigwig. They are in-turn connected to some political party. So why would the local goons asks for bribe ? I mean going by the size of IT parks it ain't one person running the show. It is a group which is musclebound in itself and I am not sure local goons would want to mess with someone of political pull.
Now BBMP not allowing is a different matter. Actually since they are so out of funds and helpless this would be actually a boon. If it is undermining their charter well I am not so sure that they have followed a lot of it so far.
Old 24th November 2015, 14:28   #10035
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by binand View Post
...Get BESCOM to cancel power supply. Get KFES to cancel fire clearance (which will in turn automatically cancel the explosives license required to store diesel for generators).
Wishful thinking, when it comes to the bigshots. And almost certain swift action when it comes to the mango people reeling under their misdeeds.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks