Team-BHP > Street Experiences

Search this Thread
Old 3rd December 2015, 15:16   #10231
Senior - BHPian

Re: Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeepmohan View Post
Absolutely. You will be surprised by the patronage for these passengers trains at small stations. Carmeleram serves residents of Sarjapur and is pretty busy during the arrival and departure for local and select express trains that stop.
Heelalige station should be developed as it is close to Chandapura / E City. From Hosur the govt should plan to run a DEMU to Whitefield through Heelalige.
By this I am sure many will prefer the train option rather commute by their own vehicle.
suresh_gs is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd December 2015, 16:29   #10232
Senior - BHPian

Traffic restriction on busy Hosur Road
Entry of vehicles from Naganathapura Service Road junction on the busy Hosur Road has been restricted due to increase in volume of traffic. According to Electronics City police, since there was no traffic light on the service road at this junction, haphazard movement of vehicle caused frequent traffic jams and posed a threat to pedestrians.

Vehicles coming in this direction have to take a diversion at Konappana Agrahara to move forward. Restricting the entry of vehicles from Naganathapura to the main road will help to decongest traffic, a senior police officer said.
Old 3rd December 2015, 16:45   #10233
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by msdivy View Post
This is the plan:
Attachment 1446512
Wow, so much of it already exists? Wonder why this network is not being used effectively.
Old 3rd December 2015, 18:52   #10234
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chakri400 View Post
Wow, so much of it already exists? Wonder why this network is not being used effectively.
Exactly the point I was trying to make. With so much infra already in place, this might be the low hanging fruit that one needs to work on to make a longer term difference to the traffic situation, definitely quicker than waiting for phase x of metro to deliver us all.
I for one realized only today there was a station at Bellandur, 3 kms from Ecospace and will definitely give it a twirl one of these days. I dont expect it to be smooth, but with some thinking on the part of the powers-that-be, this could easily be worked out into one of the ways you decongest the roads.
nambiarshreyas is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd December 2015, 19:20   #10235
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sachinpk View Post
So even at the highest pay grade, a Class IV chap may get a basic pay of less than 10,000 p.m. Then add up DA, HRA etc. and it cannot go beyond Rs.16,000 p.m.
Don't know about UP, but for union government employees DA is currently at approx. 120% of basic pay. Someone with 10K basic pay would be drawing a plethora of other allowances, assured annual hikes as per pay scale and in most cases, statutory pension plans. The monthly gross would be closer to 30K.

And for a class IV post educational qualification requirement typically would be 8th or 10th pass.
binand is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd December 2015, 20:05   #10236
BHPian

People talk about Automatic climate control, Hybrid Technology, Start/Stop switch - but can't use a simple feature like 'Indicator'

This fatso decides to take off and turns right without - checking his ORVM's, using Indicators, turning around to see if there is any vehicle coming behind and causes the Innova to swerve right, in turn makes the auto fella to jam his brakes, and the chain continued.

Last edited by aviorp : 3rd December 2015 at 20:08.
aviorp is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd December 2015, 20:37   #10237
BHPian

btw, slightly OT , but relevant to the page - for the past week, there has been smooth traffic flow at KR Puram, i.e coming from Ramamurthy Nagar and towards ITPL/Marathahalli - I notice that the buses bound towards Kolar/Hosakote have been asked to park further up on the bridge and this has helped in the decongestion of that junction.

secondly, due to the flyover construction at Doddanekkundi, the wait times at the signal are a minimum 15 minutes - so road users, be aware

raghu
Old 3rd December 2015, 20:40   #10238
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chakri400 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by nambiarshreyas View Post
I dont expect it to be smooth, but with some thinking on the part of the powers-that-be, this could easily be worked out into one of the ways you decongest the roads.
The reason on why it is not happening is a long discussion. But to put it very simply, any progress in this space requires a lot of discussion and close alignment and agreement between the state government, the central government and the railway board. This is not really happening, from what I read sometime back, whatever talks that were held fell through on the issue of who funds how much.

Last edited by Rajeevraj : 3rd December 2015 at 20:41.
Old 3rd December 2015, 22:00   #10239
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajeevraj View Post
The reason on why it is not happening is a long discussion. But to put it very simply, any progress in this space requires a lot of discussion and close alignment and agreement between the state government, the central government and the railway board. This is not really happening, from what I read sometime back, whatever talks that were held fell through on the issue of who funds how much.
When airport was announced at Devanahalli, it went through the same emotions. They were talking of a high speed rail link from MG road to airport via Hebbal and Yelahanka. Since feasibility did not work out (for what ever may be the reason), they went about looking at the Bangalore-Yelahanka-Chikkabellapur line and also looked at the option of making an extension from Devanahalli railway station to Airport terminal. But looks like none of it worked. Because there was an alternative available and hence they did not have a compelling reason to make it work.

But in this case, the alternatives are rarely any. They don't have much an option to de-congest the region with mass rapid transport. They need to look at it seriously. But yes there are quite some issues especially when comes to railways, as there is a centre vs state debate. But they some how need to look beyond that and make it work.
ampere is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd December 2015, 23:38   #10240
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aviorp View Post
This fatso decides to take off and turns right without - checking his ORVM's, using Indicators, turning around to see if there is any vehicle coming behind and causes the Innova to swerve right, in turn makes the auto fella to jam his brakes, and the chain continued.
This is motoring crimes at their finest, this city has turned rogue and how! I cant count the number of times other "fatso's" have used a full 1.5 turn on the steering hence taking a near 30 degree turn towards the road and that too at the speed of a bullet. Anarchy is simply too kind a word to be used to describe what's going on. Autos invented this type of turning and the other motorists have caught on fast including the 2 inch wide scooters.

I've not seen one decent driver who keeps to lanes, who drives in a stable manner, who uses indicators and doesn't honk like a raging maniac when totally unnecessary (like in a red signal). I'm rigid and uncompromising on those rules and I feel I'm the only one left. BHPians are we reading?

Last edited by dark.knight : 3rd December 2015 at 23:41.
Old 4th December 2015, 09:34   #10241
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sachinpk View Post
Entry of vehicles from Naganathapura Service Road junction on the busy Hosur Road has been restricted due to increase in volume of traffic.
Can someone please explain which direction traffic is restricted at this junction now? Is the traffic coming on the service road in the direction from kudlu gate to electronic city that is now restricted from joining the main carriageway at the hosa road junction?
Is it the traffic coming on the opposite side service road (where the chevy showroom is) towards electronic city that is now restricted from joining the main carriageway towards electronic city?
I hope they still allow the traffic coming from bosch side/haralur road to join hosur road towards electronic city or silk board? Details will be appreciated..
My heads hurts thinking all the combinations at this junction..
Old 4th December 2015, 09:35   #10242
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
Because there was an alternative available and hence they did not have a compelling reason to make it work.
By alternative, you mean the elevated road?

Quote:
But yes there are quite some issues especially when comes to railways, as there is a centre vs state debate. But they some how need to look beyond that and make it work.
There are always conflicts between the state and the centre. I still feel the existing Devanahalli line can be put to good use and they should build a branch line to the airport. With just 6 trains running on it daily and a not a single train on Sunday, the line is essentially rotting.
Old 4th December 2015, 09:57   #10243
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dark.knight View Post
I've not seen one decent driver who keeps to lanes, who drives in a stable manner, who uses indicators and doesn't honk like a raging maniac when totally unnecessary (like in a red signal). I'm rigid and uncompromising on those rules and I feel I'm the only one left. BHPians are we reading?
To add to what you have said, this rogue nature of city drivers especially from Bangalore is not limited to Bangalore alone. You can see these morons drive in the same manner in whichever city they visit. As an example just drive to Dharmasthala, Coorg or any places which is famous among Bangaloreans. Irrespective if it is a cab or a private vehicle, you will see the same trait exhibited by them and in some cases I have seen morons on wheels driving his own car put cabbie to shame. They seem to be always in a hurry to reach the destination without even bothering about the safety of the individuals.
Old 4th December 2015, 10:09   #10244
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajeevraj
But to put it very simply, any progress in this space requires a lot of discussion and close alignment and agreement between the state government, the central government and the railway board. This is not really happening, from what I read sometime back, whatever talks that were held fell through on the issue of who funds how much
+1. There was a plan that Karnataka was willing to bear 50% of the cost of setting up such network. This network cannot be used as is, because of some parts being non-electrified, some parts only having a single railway line etc. But from what I see, the state government has either lost interest or is not willing to invest in this. And that means they really have no future-thinking plans (other than these great ideas of having ring-road in a tunnel).
Old 4th December 2015, 10:17   #10245
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
They don't have much an option to de-congest the region with mass rapid transport. They need to look at it seriously. But yes there are quite some issues especially when comes to railways, as there is a centre vs state debate. But they some how need to look beyond that and make it work.
It all boils down to WILL. IMO the best way to decongest ORR is as follows:

1. Develop Heelalige station as a transit point for people residing in E city/Chandapura/Jigni/Bommasandra etc.
2. Operate a DEMU from Hosur to Whitefield. This should be possible as we do not have that many trains plying on this route during the day time
3. BMTC should operate more buses from the above listed areas to Heelalige station. If needed people should be able to park their own vehicles in the station and use the train.

Depending on the office work timings, more DEMU's can be operated.

This will result in decongesting ORR to a great extent.
suresh_gs is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed