Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th December 2015, 21:43   #10261
Senior - BHPian

Re: Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation

Quote:
Originally Posted by sachinpk View Post
3. What if my registration number ends in zero? Or how is the even number odd number calculation done?
Come on. This can't be serious. Assuming your registration number isn't 0 exactly, the class I test for even/odd applies - divisible by 2, even. Otherwise, odd.

(I personally think a lot of people will get a second vehicle, if they don't already have one, anyway. Plus sundry politicians and hangers-on will get "exception" passes - it is almost guaranteed that the law will have such a system built-in.).
binand is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 4th December 2015, 23:15   #10262
JD1
BHPian

Had to travel via the dreaded Krupanidhi college junction today (Koramangala). With the new lane to go towards Koramangala Water tank, it's a royal mess. With this new lane opened, it totally defies the purpose of 1-ways since the signals now take longer! And then finally when you make it, there are 10 vehicles from different direction trying to enter that single lane! Fortunately once I entered it, the movement was free till water tank but saw traffic on other side backed up way beyond water tank (evening 7:30pm)!. Returning back at 9:30 pm wasn't easy either .. traffic accumulating from water tank till Krupanidhi :( They should consider getting rid of this 1-way network, especially since Madiwala market road is in pathetic condition. But then this is pet 1-way of Dr. Saleem so it's here to stay.
Old 6th December 2015, 22:37   #10263
BHPian

Hope it's not a manic Monday tomorrow

Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-imageuploadedbyteambhp1449421614.374862.jpg
Old 7th December 2015, 08:01   #10264
BHPian

Again the road has been dug up on the Chinnappanahalli Main Road by BWSSB after the Railway crossing at Marathahalli. Had to enter the confusing Chinnappanahalli layout to come to office.

People travelling towards Whitefield from ring road, please take the Apline Apartment-Cement Road instead of the Railway crossing.

Regards
Old 7th December 2015, 08:43   #10265
Distinguished - BHPian

Fell into the Chinnappanahalli trap today. AVOID AVOID AVOID. First they have dug up half the road in front of the railway gate. If this was not enough, then they have dug up the stretch after the railway gate going towards graphite india. Had to take a U turn and then come back to get stuck again at the crossing, again took a U turn, went right next to the railway track in some off road trail and reached Alpine Eco road.

Can someone let me know what is the extent of the GAIL work? Can I take a right into the road which leads to Devasandra main road right after Zuri? Or is this also dug up?
Old 7th December 2015, 09:04   #10266
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

After seeing the Traffic Advisory this morning for Hoodi-ITPL-Hope farm stretch I was mentally prepared for the worst ... but you never know when life throws up a pleasant surprise and today was that day
Took just 35 minutes via Tin Factory, KR Puram Railway station, ITPL main road-Hoodi to get to work. I did not see any GAIL related digging/pipeline work between Hoodi and Big Bazaar junctions.
Never know, these guys may just land up during mid-day and begin the work - fingers crossed for the evening hurdle.

Last edited by NPV : 7th December 2015 at 09:05.
NPV is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th December 2015, 10:15   #10267
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ro3hit View Post
Hope it's not a manic Monday tomorrow

Attachment 1447324
Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
I did not see any GAIL related digging/pipeline work between Hoodi and Big Bazaar junctions.
Never know, these guys may just land up during mid-day and begin the work - fingers crossed for the evening hurdle.

The Hopefarm to Bigbazaar stretch has been relaid. Hope they don't dig up this section again. As far as I remember, the GAIL pipeline was put between Hope farm and Big Bazaar few months back.
Old 7th December 2015, 11:20   #10268
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I did not see any GAIL related digging/pipeline work between Hoodi and Big Bazaar junctions.
I am not sure if it is related, there was road work in progress right in front of the erstwhile Big Bazaar building when I passed the place at 7am this morning. They had dug enough in to the road that it was effectively single lane for a short stretch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pramodpk View Post
The Hopefarm to Bigbazaar stretch has been relaid.
Yes; I was surprised to see this. Looks like the "Save Whitefield" campaign did help. However; the quality of work is poor, as usual. As long as it does not rain, we're good. Another big blessing is it has reduced dust levels. You no longer have to worry about following a Bmtc Volvo.
Old 7th December 2015, 11:48   #10269
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeepmohan View Post
However; the quality of work is poor, as usual. As long as it does not rain, we're good. Another big blessing is it has reduced dust levels. You no longer have to worry about following a Bmtc Volvo.
Yes. Quality is very bad. This is the case with all recent road works that happened in this area.
Old 7th December 2015, 11:58   #10270
BHPian

From Kadugoudi to shantiniketan it took me 15 mins flat. Left home at 11.30 was at desk by 11.45 Indeed blessed today!! But just patched by stones. A few days of relief untill it worsens again!
Old 7th December 2015, 20:23   #10271
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
Can someone let me know what is the extent of the GAIL work? Can I take a right into the road which leads to Devasandra main road right after Zuri? Or is this also dug up?
On my way back from work I saw GAIL work at 2 places (they had a yellow board saying GAIL work in progress) before and after Zuri - they've dug up about 3-4 feet perpendicularly into the road on left side but that wasn't causing any jam but the bad state of the road was causing extreme slowness this evening.
Seeing Force Travelers and Indicabs taking the road next to BP pump, into Hoodi village and then to the railway bridge and the Devasandra, I took a chance and followed them. Reached home in 45 minutes, not bad at all considering I left office a5 5pm, quite sure the Hoodi road-ATM junction-ABB junction-Phoenix-KR Puram route would have taken lot more time.

*Just one of those lucky days when commute times both ways were quite sane!

Last edited by NPV : 7th December 2015 at 20:24.
Old 7th December 2015, 20:34   #10272
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
On my way back from work I saw GAIL work at 2 places (they had a yellow board saying GAIL work in progress) before and after Zuri - they've dug up about 3-4 feet perpendicularly into the road on left side but that wasn't causing any jam but the bad state of the road was causing extreme slowness this evening.
Seeing Force Travelers and Indicabs taking the road next to BP pump, into Hoodi village and then to the railway bridge and the Devasandra, I took a chance and followed them. Reached home in 45 minutes, not bad at all considering I left office a5 5pm, quite sure the Hoodi road-ATM junction-ABB junction-Phoenix-KR Puram route would have taken lot more time.

*Just one of those lucky days when commute times both ways were quite sane!
Taking right ahead of Zuri is my standard operating procedure now. I will not go near Hoodi and ABB junction anytime until they sort out the mess. If they repair the second right after Zuri it makes things even better.

I left office late today compared to usual time and still my commute time didn't change. Quite a surprise given that me and my cousin who were travelling back home had loaded the car with food and beverages to act as a backup plan in case we got stuck in jam until dinner time.
Old 8th December 2015, 06:18   #10273
BHPian

I would like to share an incident that happened today morning at 5am, while i was riding to my office at Bellandur. Lots of cabs and tempo travellers at 5am. Most of the cabs used high beam headlights and was constantly honking. They can very well see that a lorry in front of me is going slow and I can't overtake it. Despite that, they constantly honk.

I lost my cool and shouted at him. Cab drivers are insane in Bangalore!!!
Old 8th December 2015, 06:52   #10274
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sairamboko View Post
I would like to share an incident that happened today morning at 5am, while i was riding to my office at Bellandur. Lots of cabs and tempo travellers at 5am. Most of the cabs used high beam headlights and was constantly honking. They can very well see that a lorry in front of me is going slow and I can't overtake it. Despite that, they constantly honk.

I lost my cool and shouted at him. Cab drivers are insane in Bangalore!!!
In the interest of your safety, drive cautiously especially during early morning and late night hours. This is the time when the cab drivers here go berserk.
Even if they honk or flash headlights, do not give room to emotions. Some of them may be even goons.
Nothing can change them or rather it is impossible to change their behavior. Let us keep our cool lest our BP will shoot up.
suresh_gs is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 8th December 2015, 06:58   #10275
BHPian

Thanks Suresh!! I am new to Bangalore and learning this. As said by you, I shouldn't give room to my emotions. Already my BP has shot up. Need to keep it in check.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks