Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th December 2015, 09:34   #10381
Senior - BHPian

Re: Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation

Quote:

Bengaluru Traffic Police's Drunk and Drive awareness campaign.
Not trying to point out or be finicky here and I definitely get the message.

But BTP, when addressing the public, please get your messages reviewed by some sort of expert:

Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-imageuploadedbyteambhp1450149137.057488.jpg

Only excuse I can think of is trying to be poetic,

BTP - Bangalore Traffic Poets

Last edited by Vik0728 : 15th December 2015 at 09:35.
Vik0728 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 15th December 2015, 11:57   #10382
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soumyajit9 View Post
Not sure what they are trying to do, but they had to depute an unfortunate traffic police cop to manage the maniacs at 6:30 am.

People coming from Bellandur side, like old times, climbed up the Marathalli bridge and tried to take the right turn towards Kundanahalli, instead of taking the U-turn at Old Brand Factory.

The traffic cop had to shooo away each cabbie. My office cabbie also tried to sneak in, I shouted at him pointing to the cop, and the cabbie took the proper U-turn at the old brand factory.

The junction was closed due to all these chaos. Not sure why it has been re-opened !!
As funny as it sounds, traffic from HAL to Kundalahalli was a lot more free today. There is no U-Turn allowed at the newly created break. But HAL traffic can move right into ORR at the break in the median.

Although, I really want to know what the point of the exercise was if they are not allowing vehicles from ORR to turn right towards Kundalahalli.

Quote:
Originally Posted by drhoneycake View Post
Bengaluru Traffic Police's Drunk and Drive awareness campaign. This was at Jayanagar 9th block. They had thrown red colour all over the car to mimick blood. A good initiative I think.
I don't mean to nitpick, but I believe that if BTP uses the right spelling, people will actually focus on the message and not on the spelling errors.

Boose - Booze
Cruse - Cruise
Loose - Lose

Again, don't mean to nitpick. But there are a few people who in the process of giggling at the spelling errors, will miss out on the essence of the message altogether.

Also, spotted a moron today. A VW Polo KA 06 P 0606. He was driving against the one way near the Lakme Salon, Graphite India Main Road.

I calmly went and stopped my bike in front of him. He gestured to me that he wanted to go front and turn left, hoping to bypass the jam on the other side of the road. I didn't utter a word, nor did I fight. I took out my phone to click a picture. The second he saw the phone, he tried to scoot. I still got a picture of the offender.

Will be posting the same to BTP tonight.
ashwin.terminat is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th December 2015, 13:45   #10383
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashwin.terminat View Post
As funny as it sounds, traffic from HAL to Kundalahalli was a lot more free today. There is no U-Turn allowed at the newly created break. But HAL traffic can move right into ORR at the break in the median.
This might help clearing the mess near Kalamandir, where vehicles coming from HAL side loop to join the southbound ORR. Which might be the intention. If I recall correctly, they built a foot-high wall to ensure that vehicles coming up from ORR from Innovative side wouldn't be tempted to take a right turn towards Whitefield.

The thing is, the access ramps from and to the ORR at Marathahalli are woefully inadequate to cater to the traffic that use them. Unless suitable expansions or alternatives are implemented, Marathahalli will remain a bottleneck.
Old 15th December 2015, 14:04   #10384
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by binand View Post
Marathahalli will remain a bottleneck.
Marathalli, Silk Board, Kundanahalli will ever remain a bottleneck.

Time for us to realize the fact ! These roads are narrow with residential, commercial and business establishments on both sides of road. Acquiring these for demolition and widening the road is out of the window, the authorities would go bankrupt compensating.

Building flyover will just shift the jam to another junction.

The best alternative they should focus on is build Metro on an urgent basis so that the road traffic usage becomes lesser,leading to significantly less jams.

But then, Metro in Bangalore is a Joke. Lets ROFL for the Metro planning authorities.
Soumyajit9 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th December 2015, 14:56   #10385
Senior - BHPian

So they are finally fixing the Madiwala Market stretch. Concrete.

Which sucks actually since I feel concrete roads are horrible for 2 wheelers. And the shopkeepers will surely dump stuff on the roads, it will leach some liquids and create havoc for bikers. But anything better than the condition of the road now eh?
naveenroy is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 15th December 2015, 15:57   #10386
BHPian

Last Saturday, I happened to visit Nando's at ITPL Mall around 10pm and came back around 11pm. Its been over 3 months since I visited that side and was absolutely aghast to see the pathetic condition of the road while coming back from ITPL to Hoodi Circle.
It seemed as if I was literally driving on dirt roads.. heck.. even dirt roads are better. It caused a jam at 11pm at night!
How can a modern city have such deplorable roads? That too in an area which has such high vehicle density? How are BHPians coping up with this?
Old 15th December 2015, 16:00   #10387
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pratyush6 View Post
How can a modern city have such deplorable roads? That too in an area which has such high vehicle density? How are BHPians coping up with this?
By posting upto 600+ pages worth of rants on bangalore traffic. If you were to split whitefield and ORR rants away into a subthread it'd be 400+ pages out of the 600 I think.

That and the occupybangalore occupysarjapur etc initiatives started by concerned citizens, including a lot of BHP people, that are driving a lot of the road patchup and unprecedented traffic control that's going on in those areas.
hserus is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th December 2015, 16:00   #10388
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pratyush6 View Post
Sadly this is the story of roads in our beloved city for quite some time now and the worst is in Whitefield, an entire network of pathetic roads I call it the Blackhole, since it has no white, no fields just a lot of holes from what used to be roads earlier.

Most of us cope by adjusting our timings, can't escape bad roads in that area totally! And you will see that the last several pages are almost dedicated to discussing Whitefield traffic problems, says a lot.

Last edited by NPV : 15th December 2015 at 16:02.
Old 15th December 2015, 16:02   #10389
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveenroy View Post

Which sucks actually since I feel concrete roads are horrible for 2 wheelers. And the shopkeepers will surely dump stuff on the roads, it will leach some liquids and create havoc for bikers. But anything better than the condition of the road now eh?
The only remedy to that mess will be when they finally shift that eyesore of a market away from a busy thoroughfare
Old 15th December 2015, 16:26   #10390
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajitkommini View Post
The only remedy to that mess will be when they finally shift that eyesore of a market away from a busy thoroughfare
IIRC, it is not the shopkeepers who are at fault. Some vague old memory of shopkeepers, the Total mall and BBMP?
Old 15th December 2015, 17:48   #10391
Senior - BHPian

Bangaloreans headed towards Manipal Hospital beware.

The whole stretch from HAL right upto the Domlur flyover is bleeding a solid red.

Google Maps is suggesting you travel through Jeevan Bhima Nagar instead.
Old 15th December 2015, 20:02   #10392
Senior - BHPian

http://grabhouse.com/urbancocktail/f...a-bangalorean/

I guess quite a few are relevant to the traffic conditions in BLR.
Old 15th December 2015, 22:13   #10393
Senior - BHPian

Found this imbecile on our roads today.

Was coolly driving against the one way until I stopped my bike right in front of him. He stood still and fearless until I whipped out my phone to click a picture of his.

He then ran like a coward.

Two things I want to tell to him. (Yes, it is filmy :P )

1) You can run, but you cannot hide
2) Your mind must be polluted by your VW car.

Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-ka06p0606.jpg
ashwin.terminat is offline   (15) Thanks
Old 15th December 2015, 22:40   #10394
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashwin.terminat View Post
Found this imbecile on our roads today.
What a coincidence. I encountered the same guy on OMR today evening. Cut me off twice and was driving like a maniac. I noticed the 666 and thought that it must be satan himself
PatchyBoy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th December 2015, 23:46   #10395
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveenroy View Post
Worst possible solution, India simply does not possess the technology to lay concrete. I'd much rather tackle the potholes and craters than having to drive on concrete at 40 kmph finely wobbling hundreds of times a minute. Tyres wear out much quicker over concrete due to its extremely hard, uneven nature.
dark.knight is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks