JD1 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 2nd February 2016, 12:39   #10727
BHPian

Re: Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation

Quote:
Originally Posted by pramodpk View Post
What is the new rule? Any details?
Will try to Explain.

1. If you are coming from Chinnapanahalli Main Road (after crossing the Bren Unity Apt) then you cannot take right on the 3rd Cross (towards Infant Bus Parking). Instead you have to go all the way till Bren Avalon Apt and then take right. From there you can either take left or right.

2. If you coming from Vydehi/Sap and take the right towards Graphite India next to KHT/AKME APT, then you have to compulsory take left next to GSA Wavewood Apt. You cannot continue Straight towards Hoodi.

Hope its clear, can't pull up the map in office.

Regards
chandrda is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd February 2016, 13:00   #10728
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD1 View Post
This (source:Chinnapanahalli Area Development FB group post)-
I experienced this yesterday. It seemed to be working well since the traffic was flowing smoothly. Even before, I used to follow the same pattern daily. Given that the roads there are now going to be asphalted, I think this will prove to be a worthy alternative and bypass to Kundanahalli, Spice garden and Marathahalli bridge.
Old 2nd February 2016, 13:35   #10729
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD1 View Post
This (source:Chinnapanahalli Area Development FB group post)-
Quote:
Originally Posted by chandrda View Post
Will try to Explain.

1. If you are coming from Chinnapanahalli Main Road (after crossing the Bren Unity Apt) then you cannot take right on the 3rd Cross (towards Infant Bus Parking). Instead you have to go all the way till Bren Avalon Apt and then take right. From there you can either take left or right.

2. If you coming from Vydehi/Sap and take the right towards Graphite India next to KHT/AKME APT, then you have to compulsory take left next to GSA Wavewood Apt. You cannot continue Straight towards Hoodi.

Hope its clear, can't pull up the map in office.

Regards
Thanks for clarifying.

This should have been done long back. Good move.
Old 2nd February 2016, 13:48   #10730
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pramodpk View Post
Thanks for clarifying.

This should have been done long back. Good move.
So does this provide respite to those traveling from Vydehi to Old Airport road? I know that Kundanahalli is a mess, but if this new route is faster, I'll inform my daughter to try out that route.

Is there a railway crossing before that new route merges with the main road that goes via Kalamandir?
Old 2nd February 2016, 14:14   #10731
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
So does this provide respite to those traveling from Vydehi to Old Airport road? I know that Kundanahalli is a mess, but if this new route is faster, I'll inform my daughter to try out that route.

Is there a railway crossing before that new route merges with the main road that goes via Kalamandir?
This is my daily route. IIRC your daughter has to reach Dell which is faster this way. It saves almost 20 minutes without traffic and if Kundanahalli is jammed it will easily save 30 minutes. These days I cross Marathahalli Bridge within 20 minutes of leaving my office which is farther than Dell. In addition to this, your daughter can take the road near ISRO junction and skip the traffic jam on marathahalli bridge. Here is the route:

Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-r1.jpg

There are three U turns back to back and you change direction five times

Alternate in case so many U turns is not comfortable The Map is a little incorrect as there is a U turn much before which I have highlighted.
Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-r2.jpg
audioholic is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd February 2016, 14:24   #10732
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Please be aware that the road is a mess though - the portion of service road that connects to ORR has no asphalt surface to speak of. Also there are huge potholes all through this route.
reignofchaos is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd February 2016, 14:29   #10733
Senior - BHPian

Thanks a tonne, @audioholic. Both your options seem spot on. But I wasn't aware that one could take a right turn after SAP towards Hoodi. I remember seeing a barricade that prevents a right turn at Graphite signal, but that was on my one and only trip on that road in October 2015. Things might have changed later.
Old 2nd February 2016, 14:33   #10734
BHPian

But the traffic has been flowing smoothly here. I suggested this to the senior traffic inspector positioned on Graphite Junction about 8-9 months ago. He said, 'Let me solve this (Graphite Junction) first and then I will see about it'. Hope they tar this road and put those height barricades near Alpine road to insure that no cement truck/local buses block this way. Big Basket and Cement companies can use the other two exits for bigger trucks.
Old 2nd February 2016, 16:08   #10735
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks a tonne, @audioholic. Both your options seem spot on. But I wasn't aware that one could take a right turn after SAP towards Hoodi. I remember seeing a barricade that prevents a right turn at Graphite signal, but that was on my one and only trip on that road in October 2015. Things might have changed later.
While returning the route will have to be modified. From road #2, you have to take compulsory left on Graphite India main road. After that, either a right turn at the next junction or a U turn there to get to this area. Google maps will help better. Usually I dont come to the EPIP zone while returning so my route will be from PSN to hoodi and graphite india and so.
audioholic is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd February 2016, 18:13   #10736
Distinguished - BHPian

And the wheel has turned a full circle. Traffic lights back in action on top of Marathahalli bridge.
Rajeevraj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd February 2016, 20:01   #10737
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajeevraj View Post
And the wheel has turned a full circle. Traffic lights back in action on top of Marathahalli bridge.
Its Bengaluru getting back to Bangalore days. A new one installed yesterday at HighGrounds Police Station Junction too where they earlier had a roundabout knocking off signals to make it "Signal free" .

We are really getting back the old Bangalore charm you see ☺!
Old 2nd February 2016, 20:11   #10738
BHPian

Hi,

Finally someone in BTP had the common sense to shift the bus stop of 356CW and the multi coloured private buses, from Silk board to about 150 metres ahead on hosur road!

This is such a simple measure, and helps up easing the traffic big time, today it is the second day, and no major traffic, this is much safer for both pedestrians and motorists.

Now if only BBMP could level that stretch of road at the turn from HSR to hosur road at Silk board, it would really serve the purpose.

The highest road tax in the country and such pathetic roads, isn't there a technology yet which can make use of the mountains of plastic waste that Bangalore alone produces and make it to fill these damn potholes?

Regards
Shailesh
aspire is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd February 2016, 23:04   #10739
BHPian

Huge pile up near eco space at this time !! Was stuck in it for 15 mins!!
Old 2nd February 2016, 23:13   #10740
Senior - BHPian

Is is only me or have others too noticed that barring the entry of private buses and trucks have reduced traffic near silkboard to a large extent. Generally people trying to go towards BTM or madiwala, as soon as they get down BETL or come via bommanhalli they used to be greeted with a big traffic jam until around 8:30 to 9 PM. From past couple of days the traffic is smooth all the way from EC till infact my home near lalbagh ( Again no traffic near wilson garden as well). I am not saying that they are the only culprits but most of them were , especially the private buses that too near madiwala. They stop haphazardly and do not care how much others are inconvenienced.

These past couple of days I have taken only 30 mins to reach home even when I start at 7 30 from office. I am happy albeit temporarily.

Last edited by TorqueyTechie : 2nd February 2016 at 23:14.
TorqueyTechie is online now   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks