Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th February 2016, 09:44   #10846
Senior - BHPian

Re: Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
The Good News:
Seems like Buses,Trucks and TTs wont be allowed Between Madiwala Check-Post (St. John's Signal) to Madiwala Police Station (Total Mall) Junction after the road was made 2 way to facilitate roadwork for the Madiwala Market Road.
All HTV's are being diverted towards the Water tank, Krupanidhi College and Madiwala Market before hitting the main road.
This saturday while going to JC Road, was caught in a traffic jam right from the start of the Silk board flyover till the St John's signal.
After making the stretch from St John's signal to Total Mall 2 way, i noticed that the road width was too narrow to accommodate this sort of traffic.
End result - Traffic Jam.
suresh_gs is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th February 2016, 09:52   #10847
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post
People coming from town to ELectronic CIty / Koramanagala will face big issues this morning. All roads through Adugodi have been closed. . Involves long tailbacks from Wilson Gardens to Housr/Hosa road junction
This was closed as part of Rathasaptami and as per reports it was only till 0800am today.

"Vehicles on the Adugodi Main Road (Hosur Laskhkar Road) are banned from 8 pm on Sunday till 8 am on Monday"

I too faced this diversion as barricades were placed right at Adugodi where the road forks out for Bannerghatta Road all the way till St. Johns (The Signal before Shoppers' Stop).

I am assuming that this would have got cleared now and road is open for normal traffic. Related report below:

Quote:
Bengaluru, Feb 14, 2016, DHNS:
Diversions have been made around Adugodi in view of a procession of idols and cultural events as part of Rathasapthami.

Vehicles on the Adugodi Main Road (Hosur Laskhkar Road) are banned from 8 pm on Sunday till 8 am on Monday:

* Vehicles from Madiwala and Hosuru Road coming towards Lashkar Road (Adugodi Main Road) will be restricted at the Madiwala check post junction. Vehicles can move on Dr Mari Gowda Road, Dairy Junction, KH Road. Vehicles can turn left or right at the Dairy Junction and move towards Bannerghatta (Anepalya).

* Taking a right turn at UCO Bank Junction for the vehicles from Koramangala 80 feet road to Hosur Lashkar Road and Adugodi will be banned. Vehicles can move on the Madivala check post and Dr Mari Gowda Road. Vehicles from Yedeniru Mutt joining Koramangala 80 feet road can take a right turn at Dr Mari Gowda Road and move on the 80 feet peripheral road and join Vivekanagar and Neelasandra.

*Vehicles from Ashoknagar, Neelasandra, Hosur Lashkar Road and CMP Junction, moving towards Adugodi Main Road will be restricted at the Anepalya Junction. Vehicles can move on the Bannerghatta Road, Dairy Junction and Dr Mari Gowda Road.

* Vehicles from Wilson Garden, Shanthinagar and Mico Link Road to Adugodi will be restricted at the Mico Bande Junction. Vehicles can move on the Bannerghatta Road, Dairy Junction and Dr Mari Gowda Road.

* Vehicles from the 80 feet peripheral road passport office to Koramangala village using Adugodi Road and moving to Hosur Lashkar Road will be restricted at the 8th block, Shiva theatre on Koramangala village road. Vehicles can move on the 80 feet peripheral road and reach Vivekanagar and Neelasandra.
Quote:
Originally Posted by suresh_gs View Post
All HTV's are being diverted towards the Water tank, Krupanidhi College and Madiwala Market before hitting the main road.
Exactly what I have mentioned in my original post:

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
The Good News:

Where do all the Buses & TTs go?
Initially I thought they would all be routed through Agara and then ORR to reach Silkboard but when I reached Madiwala Police Station (Total Mall) junction, I could notice these buses joining Hosur Road from the Market Road!

When I peeped left, I noticed that there were a lot of buses coming from that side joining Hosur road. Not sure if this arrangement is going to remain that way till the entire road work on Market Road is complete.

Last edited by paragsachania : 15th February 2016 at 09:55.
Old 15th February 2016, 09:56   #10848
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
This saturday while going to JC Road, was caught in a traffic jam right from the start of the Silk board flyover till the St John's signal.
After making the stretch from St John's signal to Total Mall 2 way, i noticed that the road width was too narrow to accommodate this sort of traffic.
End result - Traffic Jam.
I was returning from a ride and got stuck in multiple jams starting from ECity on Saturday evening as well.
First mistake I made, I didn't use the elevated highway. Got stuck at all signals for around 5-10 minutes or more.

As I was approaching Silk board finally thinking I cleared all the jams, I noticed traffic piled up to the beginning of the fly over. Immediately took left and went beside the flyover and was stuck there as well for ten minutes for the signal to ORR. Finally got some breathing space until I got stuck again at Sony World signal heading to Indiranagar.

After reading your post, I am glad I didn't continue to Madiwala.
Old 15th February 2016, 10:00   #10849
Senior - BHPian

The newly done Whitefield road between Whitefield and Kundalahalli is dug up after D Mart. They seem to be laying a pipe across the road. There was a huge pile up on Saturday morning due to this.
Old 15th February 2016, 16:02   #10850
BHPian

Re: Accidents in India with Pictures

I have received 2 notice from BTP for stopping on Zebra cross.

Notice# 1: Queen's Junction: The Zebra cross marking is very faint and hardly visible.
Notice# 2: COD Junction: I NEVER stop on Zebra crossing. I make it a point to stop a few inches before the Zebra cross always. I don't remember stopping on Zebra crossing here.

I have been sending mails to BTP and following regularly for more than 20 days. Till date I haven't received the photo proof of the violation.
  • Without any proof, am I supposed to pay the fine? My conscience says that I never violated any rule.
  • Can I push BTP to close the penalty since there is no response from them with photos?
  • Does RTI work with BTP? Does anyone here have any prior experience with this approach?
Old 15th February 2016, 16:21   #10851
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpion_blore View Post
[*]Does RTI work with BTP? Does anyone here have any prior experience with this approach?[/list]
I have filed in RTI with Maharashtra state govt online and have received some response. It takes less than 2 mins to file an RTI online and they are supposed to respond back in 30 days. I would recommend try it.
Old 15th February 2016, 16:21   #10852
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I have received 2 notice from BTP for stopping on Zebra cross.
Did you try to get the photos online? If it has crossed 6 months then they will not have the proof for the same.

Website --> http://www.bangaloretrafficpolice.gov.in/

I was not able to get the photos even after writing to them and I ended up paying the fine
Old 15th February 2016, 16:33   #10853
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Notice# 1: Queen's Junction: The Zebra cross marking is very faint and hardly visible.
Notice# 2: COD Junction: I NEVER stop on Zebra crossing. I make it a point to stop a few inches before the Zebra cross always. I don't remember stopping on Zebra crossing here.
If you check the details in the below link given by fusionbang, you will find images of the vehicle. The zebra crossing violations are lodged by footage from CCTV in 90% of the cases so there is a chance you will find some image of your car.

If there is no image you can definitely get the fine reversed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fusionbang View Post

I was not able to get the photos even after writing to them and I ended up paying the fine
My SX4 was served with a 'Using mobile phone while driving' notice at a place where the car would have never been during a weekday morning. I called up
>>Enforcement center - No image proof
>> Local police station who had lodged the complaint - No proof again
>> Escalated it to Commissioners office with emails along with local police station in CC - They took out the notepad of the constable who lodged the offence - It was a green hatchback
>> Called and told them that mine was a silver sedan - End of the case. Within four days that offense was no longer present under my car registration
audioholic is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th February 2016, 16:57   #10854
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pramodpk View Post
The newly done Whitefield road between Whitefield and Kundalahalli is dug up after D Mart. They seem to be laying a pipe across the road.
I saw some digging work near Kundalahalli signal on Saturday night while returning from my friends place. Then on Sunday found this news in The Hindu newspaper - Whitefield gets OFC ducts: http://www.thehindu.com/news/cities/...cle8236003.ece
Old 15th February 2016, 17:08   #10855
Distinguished - BHPian

On my way back home, passed Madiwala Police Station - Madiwala Check Post between 1600 - 1610 Hours and everything was just normal.

Before leaving from EC, I checked Traffic on Googlemaps and it was showing Red only at the Check Post Signal and that too not thick red. Decided to take the risk and I am already home covering 34 kms on my return with a 1540 Start from EC .

So things were not as Bad as I expected to be on the first working day after the changes were implemented - This could be due to the odd time and the absence of School Buses (already would have passed) and none of the Tech Company buses or cabs dropping anybody home. But expecting this section to be a gamble and would wait for what other have to report when they drive here during Peak hours this evening,

Last edited by paragsachania : 15th February 2016 at 17:10.
Old 15th February 2016, 17:09   #10856
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fusionbang View Post
Did you try to get the photos online? If it has crossed 6 months then they will not have the proof for the same.
Website --> http://www.bangaloretrafficpolice.gov.in/
Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
If you check the details in the below link given by fusionbang, you will find images of the vehicle
Yes, I checked the BTP website already. There is no photo evidence. There is a high possibility that the cop on duty has just noted down the number without capturing the photo.

This is not the first instance of false penalty that has been imposed. Earlier, I was fined for driving without helmet in an area which I have never visited till now! Paying a fine of 100 bucks would have been easier. However I decided to fight off the fine and got it cancelled after repeated follow-ups. What helped me during that time was working hours proof on that day issued by my employer. However in this case, the penalty has been issued on a weekend. So I'm still unclear of how to proceed.
Old 15th February 2016, 20:52   #10857
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I have been sending mails to BTP and following regularly for more than 20 days. Till date I haven't received the photo proof of the violation[/list]
You will not receive any proof for violations over mail/ post. You need to go to their traffic management center at Ashoknagar and pay 250 INR upfront. You will then be shown the proof. Good luck on your mission.
Old 16th February 2016, 13:41   #10858
Senior - BHPian

Flight time from Delhi to Bangalore - 2 hrs and 30 mins. Reached at 9 AM in Bangalore. Cab time from Airport to Koramangala - 2 hrs and 30 mins. Reached at 11:45. Bleh. It took me the same time as the flight time. Aaaargh!
Old 16th February 2016, 14:07   #10859
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveenroy View Post
Flight time from Delhi to Bangalore - 2 hrs and 30 mins. Reached at 9 AM in Bangalore. Cab time from Airport to Koramangala - 2 hrs and 30 mins. Reached at 11:45. Bleh. It took me the same time as the flight time. Aaaargh!
This is where suburban train will be of importance. Say we have a local train from Doddaballapur to K R Puram, the commute time will come down.
But to go to Koramangala from K R Puram is another herculean task. Can we identify a transit point for Koramangala. May be Baiyappanahalli
suresh_gs is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th February 2016, 14:21   #10860
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
This is where suburban train will be of importance. Say we have a local train from Doddaballapur to K R Puram, the commute time will come down.
But to go to Koramangala from K R Puram is another herculean task. Can we identify a transit point for Koramangala. May be Baiyappanahalli
Just for comparison sake. There is a local train that runs from Kolar to Byapanahalli via Devanahalli. It takes 1 hr and 10 minutes.
However, it reaches Baiyappanahalli at 530 pm

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks