Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd March 2016, 17:44   #10981
BHPian

Re: Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashwin.terminat View Post

Just when I found some space and started to move forward, a lady on a scooter darts in front of me!
This kind of behavior has become a norm. Just today while exiting ITPL I had to slow down for the traffic marshal to stop the traffic on Whitefield Main road and allow us to cross over to go towards Hope Farm junction. The marshal gives way and I start accelerating only to be cut-off by a motorcyclist also exiting ITPL. I had to slam my brakes. There was absolutely all the space in the world for him to overtake me - albeit from the left and go on his way. Why this "habit" cutting lanes, jutting in etc. - it is perplexing. Further on down the road I saw him repeating the same behavior.

OTP : 4 wheelers are underwriting a lot of risk and helping Life Insurance companies - and for this they should probably get some tax relief !
Old 3rd March 2016, 17:48   #10982
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by krish11 View Post
This kind of behavior has become a norm... There was absolutely all the space in the world for him to overtake me - albeit from the left and go on his way. Why this "habit" cutting lanes, jutting in etc. - it is perplexing.
I just don't get it! Every day I come across some absolute moron on a bike/scooter, that wants to overtake only from the left side, even though there's enough and more space on the right side and no oncoming traffic. Some even go to the extent of honking and flashing headlights to let them overtake from the left
Old 3rd March 2016, 19:43   #10983
BHPian

Just got back from college, there was this huge traffic jam at Mekhri circle due to some farmers protest, traffic was backed up from mekhri to New BEL road and outer ring road. Cops diverted traffic from Bellary Road to elsewhere , I eventually ended up taking the outer ring road to BTM layout. Was anybody caught up in this mess as well?
Old 3rd March 2016, 20:36   #10984
Senior - BHPian

Is this road doable in a car : https://goo.gl/maps/YRMiYHuMgSq ?

I find the service road next to Bangalore Central too choked sometimes and was thinking of alternatives.
Old 3rd March 2016, 21:18   #10985
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp1975 View Post
Is this road doable in a car : https://goo.gl/maps/YRMiYHuMgSq ?

I find the service road next to Bangalore Central too choked sometimes and was thinking of alternatives.
No. The part where you see Margosa avenue is only upto where you can go. The remaining part of the road to lake is blocked. There is another mud road between the Sobha apartments but it is only one car wide and sometimes you end up waiting for a long time for the vehicles from other end to pass through. Also, the Bellandur village road gets blocked time to time for various festivals.

I don't think you will save much time taking this route if your final goal is to enter ORR back after Central.
Jaguar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd March 2016, 22:38   #10986

Junction where Central Jail Road connects to Sarjapur Road is becoming biggest headache on that complete stretch. 4 way traffic connects on that tiny junction, without traffic Signal and mostly without traffic police creates horrible jam in peak hours. Peak hours shows jam all the way to Wipro Head office. Making things worse is new drainage work which started on Sarjapur Road near Kaikondrahalli narrowed the road to half with all the construction materials and machineries on the road.
Old 4th March 2016, 01:31   #10987
Senior - BHPian

Quick note.

Extreme left lane asphalting work going on near Graphite India before the junction (opposite to RxDx). Looks like a shoddy patch work to make the road wider. I may be wrong though.

The road from Big Basket warehouse to Alpine Eco has loose gravel placed on either sides of the road. Seems like a road widening action. Hope they re-lay the entire road and not just the shoulders.
Old 4th March 2016, 06:49   #10988
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soumyajit9 View Post
Quick note.

Extreme left lane asphalting work going on near Graphite India before the junction (opposite to RxDx). Looks like a shoddy patch work to make the road wider. I may be wrong though.
You are spot on with your observation, Soumyajit. I don't understand this logic of BBMP. In some of the areas (non IT), they have relaid the entire stretch newly. But in this case (Graphite India Main Road), they prefer to do patch work. How long will this last.
With so many commuters and vehicles plying on this route, BBMP should relay a new road once in for all.
Old 4th March 2016, 07:16   #10989
Senior - BHPian

Breaking News !

Road between that GM Paradise or something, till Big Basket warehouse has been freshly laid ! Breaking images below.

Starts here:

Name:  ForumRunner_20160304_071359.png
Views: 880
Size:  352.3 KB

Ends here. Taking a left also road has been tarred towards the railway crossing, not sure how much though

Name:  ForumRunner_20160304_071418.png
Views: 934
Size:  388.4 KB

In other news, Sarjapur flyover is jammed towards Agara > Silkboard.
Reason is that a 'Rolls Royce' bus came in contact with a 'Monster' Sumo :-D

Name:  ForumRunner_20160304_071629.png
Views: 927
Size:  347.3 KB
Soumyajit9 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 4th March 2016, 07:27   #10990
BANNED

Re: Accidents in India with Pictures

Few mins back it happens in ORR, Hennur Under pass. No idea how it happens. BMTC hits ETIOS.
Old 4th March 2016, 09:14   #10991
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by silversteed View Post
I just don't get it! Every day I come across some absolute moron on a bike/scooter, that wants to overtake only from the left side, even though there's enough and more space on the right side and no oncoming traffic. Some even go to the extent of honking and flashing headlights to let them overtake from the left
Neither do i. It has become the norm i guess. Nowadays whenever I take out my bike and try overtaking cars, they always tend to block the right lane and still dont give way after repeated honking. They kinda expect you to overtake from the left. Maybe it has become a habit, seeing so many other "bikers" overtake only from the left lanes.
Parthasarathig is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th March 2016, 09:28   #10992
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
I don't think you will save much time taking this route if your final goal is to enter ORR back after Central.
My goal is to reach Bellandur lake road from the Sarjapur road signal and the route I take now is https://goo.gl/maps/gpLovqXeH9k .

Which one of the two routes is a better option ?
Old 4th March 2016, 10:08   #10993
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
No. The part where you see Margosa avenue is only upto where you can go.
And similarly, on the other side the road ends near "Sri Venkateshwara Swamy Temple Bellandur" visible on the map. I had once gone this way to see if a shortcut exists to reach Sun City from Bellandur without touching ORR.

Quote:
My goal is to reach Bellandur lake road from the Sarjapur road signal

Where do you arrive at ORR-Sarjapur Road signal from? If you arrive from Kaikondrahalli side, you could consider taking one of the two roads that arrive under the Bellandur flyover (one turns right immediately before Total, and the other soon after HDFC Bank). If you come from further beyond there are roads from Doddakanelli to Bellandur and points north on ORR.
Old 4th March 2016, 10:23   #10994
BHPian

Quote:
My goal is to reach Bellandur lake road from the Sarjapur road signal and the route I take now is https://goo.gl/maps/gpLovqXeH9k .

You can try this route once. The stretch beyond Mantri Espania is not tarred ; but relatively traffic free. Not recommended in rainy season due to waterlogging.

Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-bellandur.jpg
Old 4th March 2016, 10:40   #10995
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by binand View Post

Where do you arrive at ORR-Sarjapur Road signal from?
My approach is from the HSR Layout/Silk Board side.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankan.m.blr View Post
You can try this route once. The stretch beyond Mantri Espania is not tarred ; but relatively traffic free. Not recommended in rainy season due to waterlogging.
I've tried that. The service road next to Bangalore Central is probably better than the Ecospace mess on the ORR. Plus the mud road on that stretch needs an offroader.

I guess all roads are equally bad in the end.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks