Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th March 2016, 15:13   #11026
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation

Anyone here uses the ZipGo Bus Service?

I read sometime back that transport officials had seized few ZipGo Buses/Vans saying they were illegal. I see them up and running again. I had signed up yesterday and downloaded the App. Noticed that there is a service every 15 min in the Banashankari- ITPL ORR stretch (Did not check for other routes) during morning peak hours.

As the screen shot below shows, fare from Belandur to ITPL is Rs 59, which is cheaper/equal to a Volvo. It also shows number of seats available and real time tracking.

I take a Volvo mostly now a days, and in most cases it is difficult to get a seat during the morning peak hours. Some times it is jam packed. This looks to be a good alternative. Will be faster than a Volvo also.

Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-zipgo.png
Rajeevraj is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th March 2016, 15:44   #11027
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajeevraj View Post

I read sometime back that transport officials had seized few ZipGo Buses/Vans saying they were illegal. I see them up and running again. I had signed up yesterday and downloaded the App. Noticed that there is a service every 15 min in the Banashankari- ITPL ORR stretch (Did not check for other routes) during morning peak hours.

As the screen shot below shows, fare from Belandur to ITPL is Rs 59, which is cheaper/equal to a Volvo. It also shows number of seats available and real time tracking.

I take a Volvo mostly now a days, and in most cases it is difficult to get a seat during the morning peak hours. Some times it is jam packed. This looks to be a good alternative. Will be faster than a Volvo also.
I have used Zipgo extensively for about 2 months.
They run Tempo Travellers majorly. They also have Innova and Swaraj Mazda buses on few select routes.
The fare is at par with Volvo (sometimes ₹10 cheaper). Benefit is drop is almost near doorstep if you reside on their routes. They cover interior routes also which Volvos dont.

Demerit is, the payment is pre-paid and two times the driver didn't stop at the pickup point. I had to write some strong emails to their customer care to revert the amount.

Latest update from a colleague. He used their service on Tuesday and it was working normally.
Soumyajit9 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th March 2016, 15:53   #11028
BHPian

Quote:

I have used ZipGo service quite a few times to travel from Bannerghatta road and Mahadevapura and their service is good.

Not able to use now as they changed their cab timings of my route and new timing is not suitable for me. Otherwise I wish to use it.

Also many a times their service would be temporarily stopped when they face problems from RTO guys. Karnataka transport department is saying these services of within the city shuttle can only be run by state owned BMTC and not by any private agency. Matter is not yet settled permanently.

Last edited by KK_HakunaMatata : 10th March 2016 at 15:56.
KK_HakunaMatata is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th March 2016, 17:48   #11029
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveenroy View Post
So I got a reply a week back. I wanted to scan and make a pdf of the documents that I have received and post it here but haven't been able to due to time constraints and some travel. Will do it the next week for sure.

And well....ho hum....maybe once I post up, we can tear into it.
I have finally scanned the RTI reply for the questions I had asked about the laying of the concrete road at Madiwala Market. I have uploaded as a pdf. Can't upload here so have to link to FileDropper - http://www.filedropper.com/madiwalamarket-rti

Quite easy for BBMP to blame the roadwork not progressing on the Traffic police eh?

Do post your thoughts guys. I've obviously removed my contact details from the first page.

Last edited by naveenroy : 10th March 2016 at 17:49.
naveenroy is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 10th March 2016, 20:48   #11030
Distinguished - BHPian

Need a help. Any feedback on the route below. Basically from Hosa Road Junction on Hosur Road to a resort on the Bannerghatta-Jigani Road. Interested to know if this route is in decent condition and wide enough for a regular car.

(Route Link)

Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-mmist.jpg
Old 11th March 2016, 10:07   #11031
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Need a help. Any feedback on the route below. Basically from Hosa Road Junction on Hosur Road to a resort on the Bannerghatta-Jigani Road. Interested to know if this route is in decent condition and wide enough for a regular car.
The website of the resort suggests the Bommasandra Industrial estate road route so that is probably a better bet for you
Route Link
NPV is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th March 2016, 10:42   #11032
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveenroy View Post
I have uploaded as a pdf. Can't upload here so have to link to FileDropper - http://www.filedropper.com/madiwalamarket-rti

Do post your thoughts guys. I've obviously removed my contact details from the first page.
I am getting a download failed error message. Tried on my office network on my desktop and also on my mobile through 4G.
shreyascashyap is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th March 2016, 10:48   #11033
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shreyascashyap View Post
I am getting a download failed error message. Tried on my office network on my desktop and also on my mobile through 4G.
My antivirus is flagging it as a dangerous site. To the OP: Please upload to Dropbox or Google Drive and use the "share" feature.
binand is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 11th March 2016, 11:07   #11034
BHPian

Quote:
Need a help. Any feedback on the route below. Basically from Hosa Road Junction on Hosur Road to a resort on the Bannerghatta-Jigani Road.
Not sure of the first part of the route. From Bettadasapura till Bannerghata - Jigani road is a good 2 lane road all the way.
xander is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th March 2016, 12:43   #11035
Senior - BHPian

Quick question: How many of you had scary feeling while your tires went over the newly laid lane marker cum reflector buttons on the ORR ?

Since the last two weeks, every time I go over these it feels like my tires will just rip off and come out !!

Indeed it is a safety feature to poke drowsy drivers and make people stick to their lanes, but inadvertently one does go over these during normal drive also.

Not exactly a rant, just saying
Old 11th March 2016, 12:50   #11036
Senior - BHPian

Madiwala Market Road - RTI

Quote:
Originally Posted by shreyascashyap View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by binand View Post
My antivirus is flagging it as a dangerous site. To the OP: Please upload to Dropbox or Google Drive and use the "share" feature.
Ah looks like I may have chosen a wrong site to upload the file on. Ok, dropping in DropBox - https://www.dropbox.com/s/nfed7wjcla...20RTI.pdf?dl=0

Do check it out.
Old 11th March 2016, 14:47   #11037
BHPian

Quote:

[/center]
Do able in any car. The road condition is a mixed bag. Has quite a few potholes and nearly non-existent stretches coupled with recently relaid smooth roads. However, can be managed if you are not in a hurry. Also, suggest that you take a right further up in Neeladri road, since it has been recently relaid.

If you wish to have better roads all the way, then take the Hosur Road-Jigani route.
vinjosep is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th March 2016, 15:18   #11038
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soumyajit9 View Post
Quick question: How many of you had scary feeling while your tires went over the newly laid lane marker cum reflector buttons on the ORR ?

Well, the simple task would be to stick to one's lane.

The major challenge I face in my commute in Bangalore is the absolute apathy towards lane discipline.
In places where 3 lanes converge to two after a junction, people will still queue up in 4 rows and then clamber/bully/eyeball to get ahead after the signal goes green!
The amount of time we waste jostling is much greater than what we'd have spent if we had followed lane discipline and moved off smoothly.

BTP has enough cameras around the Bangalore city. We already have a law for following lane discipline.If they start penalizing us for not following lane discipline, we can probably learn some more manners on the road and BTP make some more moolah!
aqualeo2040 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th March 2016, 15:45   #11039
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

I read sometime back that transport officials had seized few ZipGo Buses/Vans saying they were illegal. I see them up and running again.
Yes it was stopped for sometime and recently (in feb) too heard something about the service not being according to law. So I was surprised when I saw my company send out an email mentioning that they have tied up with ZipGO for providing transportation services at a cheaper rate. Seems like they are up and running for now. Good and cheaper alternative to buses and cabs!
TorqueyTechie is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th March 2016, 15:57   #11040
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I concur with xander's comments. Watch out for speed-breakers, some are unmarked and can catch you by surprise. Once I'd started from Kudlu gate signal towards Bannerghatta road, but due to multiple diversions/road blocks/no-roads, ended up on the road from Hosa Rd signal towards Bettadasapura. Then, there was still a road while the Begur-Koppa road was dug up
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soumyajit9 View Post
Since the last two weeks, every time I go over these it feels like my tires will just rip off and come out !!
Quote:
Originally Posted by aqualeo2040 View Post
Well, the simple task would be to stick to one's lane.
Good driver, sticks to her/his lane driving at the legal speed limit. Kamikaze biker squeezes between the car and the slow-poke BBMP garbage truck on the right lane (don't ask how this "kewl dude" tolerates the stench). Truck driver decides to take a good look at the car and veers left, but he doesn't see the kewl dude, who's anyway lost in music playing through his ear-plugs. All happens in a split second, the good driver now has to swerve, to save the biker. Not quite an impossible scenario here, isn't it?

Quote:
BTP has enough cameras around the Bangalore city. We already have a law for following lane discipline.If they start penalizing us for not following lane discipline, we can probably learn some more manners on the road and BTP make some more moolah!
If the BTP shows the will power and has the means to collect all the fines pending till now, they can invest in more equipment to cover the entire city and regulate traffic a lot better

Last edited by silversteed : 11th March 2016 at 16:25.
silversteed is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks