Team-BHP > Street Experiences

Search this Thread
Old 17th March 2016, 09:19   #11071
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation

Quote:
Originally Posted by shreyascashyap View Post
Saw cops catching motorists at 5 different places on my way to work from Basaweshwarnagar to EC at 7am!! It was specially bad near corporation circle as they had pulled over 4-5 cars and 10 2-wheelers to the side which made it difficult for other vehicles to move around.
Been watching them at various locations from my Hebbal to EC too. I travel between 0630 and 0730.

Mekhri Circle Exit, Kasturba Road (Right in front of Police station), Langford Road and Madiwala Police Station.

In fact, at Madiwala Police station I witnessed the "expected" when a TT ahead of me saw cops flagging LCVs for breaking the no entry rule here. The TT simply performed a U-Turn from between the barricades currently doing duty of makeshift medians to escape the cops.
Old 17th March 2016, 09:26   #11072
BHPian

Any idea why there is slow moving traffic from Maratahalli to Kadubesanahalli ?? I know its a rhetorical question but then why ? Also the Doddanekundi to ORR exit has a few wardens and they are causing KR Puram bound traffic to slow as people coming from Maratahalli have to swerve from left to right. Its a proper gauntlet.
Old 17th March 2016, 10:29   #11073
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

On Tuesday (15 March) there was a flex baord in front of the new Railway underpass in KR Puram near Whitefield Honda. It said "Railway underpass will open on <date>" and had pictures of local politicos, etc. I missed that date due to the traffic but on Wednesday that flex board was missing! Anyone saw this and remember the date ?
The old narrow underpass next door to the new one was flooded due to the spell of rain on Tuesday but it did not deter 2 wheelers from trying their luck to wade through yesterday
Old 17th March 2016, 11:06   #11074
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
On Tuesday (15 March) there was a flex baord in front of the new Railway underpass in KR Puram near Whitefield Honda. It said "Railway underpass will open on <date>" and had pictures of local politicos, etc. I missed that date due to the traffic but on Wednesday that flex board was missing! Anyone saw this and remember the date ?
The old narrow underpass next door to the new one was flooded due to the spell of rain on Tuesday but it did not deter 2 wheelers from trying their luck to wade through yesterday
I recall seeing 10th April - hope it is not like all the other dates that BBMP promises
LonelyPlanet is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 17th March 2016, 11:28   #11075
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
On Tuesday (15 March) there was a flex baord in front of the new Railway underpass in KR Puram near Whitefield Honda. It said "Railway underpass will open on <date>" and had pictures of local politicos, etc. I missed that date due to the traffic but on Wednesday that flex board was missing!
Maybe someone reminded SWR that the flex is in clear contempt of the supreme court. :-)
Old 17th March 2016, 11:59   #11076
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
Professionals and tax payers should start a Quit Bangalore movement!
Oh.. Already done that! Moved out of Bangalore and its traffic mess for good
Old 17th March 2016, 15:51   #11077
Distinguished - BHPian

Finally something visible above ground for the Ecospace pedestrian bridge.

Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-img_20160317_0850572.jpg

During the morning peak hours at least 50-100 people cross every 10 min. Hope they now finish this soon. Will benefit everyone from pedestrians to motorists to the poor traffic wardens and cops who manage it today.
Rajeevraj is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th March 2016, 17:21   #11078
Distinguished - BHPian

Something more wrong than usual on ORR. Have just managed to crawl from kadubeesanahalli underpass to the start of the Intel flyover in the last 40min. Pretty much stand still now.
Old 17th March 2016, 18:04   #11079
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajeevraj View Post
Something more wrong than usual on ORR. Have just managed to crawl from kadubeesanahalli underpass to the start of the Intel flyover in the last 40min. Pretty much stand still now.
1.) Ace breakdown on the intel flyover
2.) Volvo bus breakdown in front of ecospace
3.) Cement truck breakdown on the bellandhur flyover, onlooker adding to the pain.

Took me an hour, Left Salapuria hallmark at 4:30, reached koramangala 1 block at 5:30.
Attached Thumbnails
Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-gmap.jpg  

Last edited by Mr_Bean : 17th March 2016 at 18:20.
Mr_Bean is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th March 2016, 18:16   #11080
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Bean View Post
1.) Ace breakdown on the intel flyover
2.) Volvo bus breakdown in front of ecospace
3.) Cement truck breakdown on the bellandhur flyover, onlooker adding to the pain.

Took me an hour, Left Salapuria hallmark at 4:30, reached koramangala 1 block at 5:30.
Traffic still very bad from Marathahalli to Kadubeesanahalli, almost standstill when I crossed this section on the other side. Seems there are cascading effect of this on other connecting roads. Saw huge traffic on Old Airport Road from HAL police station to Marathahalli junction. Interestingly other side is pretty smooth today. I have reached HAL signal on OAR from Kadubeesanahalli in just 25 minutes.

Last edited by airbus : 17th March 2016 at 18:40.
Old 17th March 2016, 18:56   #11081
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Few months ago our friends in BWSSB and GAIL had dug up one side of the ITPL road near Zuri (almost opposite to the Bharat Petroleum bunk).
A month back this stretch was relaid after filling the dug up portion with sand and large gravel stones but just 2 short spells or rain have started testing the quality of the work that was done.
A portion had started caving in yesterday with some cracks and today I noticed a crater being formed with a 3 feet dia circular portion caved in by 6-9 inches
Watch out if you're on extreme left after Zuri (where the road curves) going towards Hoodi junction, can get you by surprise.

Last edited by ampere : 17th March 2016 at 19:32. Reason: Fixed typo
NPV is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th March 2016, 19:27   #11082
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajeevraj View Post
These seems to be something wrong at the entrance of ecospace today. I travel in the opposite direction of regular traffic and today evening there was a huge traffic jam right from the iblur junction till ecospace at 5:40pm. It took me around 45 minutes to cross that 3km stretch. Usually this stretch just takes 5 minutes to cross.
It was the same case in the morning as well where it took me around 30 minutes to cross ecospace from the panathur junction.
I could see that the cause of the jam was that vehicles were not able to enter ecospace and those wanting to take a u-turn under the flyover to reach ecospace had blocked the main carriage way towards Marathalli leading to the huge jam.

Last edited by SR71-Blackbird : 17th March 2016 at 19:32.
Old 18th March 2016, 13:28   #11083
Senior - BHPian

Some good news for Bangaloreans in today's State budget.

* 100 crores for Bangalore's lakes, 800 crore for storm water drains, 500 crore for SWM

* BBMP to get 5000 crores in next two years under CM's special fund.

* 6-lane highway between Mysore and Bangalore. 2400 crores for land acquisition

* Three elevated corridors in Bangalore by BDA. 51.65 km of signal-free corridors to come up in Bangalore.

* Funds for Grade Separators at
-Suranjandas Road
-Sarjapura-Harlur Road
-Hulimava junction
-Arakere junction

* Multilevel car parking to come up in many areas in Bangalore

* 260 crores to be given, to improve 112 roads in Bangalore

Source - Twitter.
sdp1975 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th March 2016, 13:33   #11084
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp1975 View Post
Some good news for Bangaloreans in today's State budget.
On paper things look good. But how much of this allocation will be translated into reality remains to be seen.
Considering the fact that the present govt has not done much to improve the city, this allocation might end up filling someone else's stomach.
Old 18th March 2016, 13:44   #11085
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suresh_gs View Post
Considering the fact that the present govt has not done much to improve the city, this allocation might end up filling someone else's stomach.
When are the state elections coming up next?? At least in Bangalore city, I tend to believe in what I actually see. Other wise all these facts and figures would not be even worth the paper they are written on .
sachinpk is online now   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed