Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th April 2016, 21:35   #11311
BHPian

Re: Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
Any idea what on earth is wrong in the ORR today? Looks crippled right from Bagmane till Ecospace. How ironic. My friend is stuck in company bus from one hour near New Horizon
It seems there was a truck that broke down before the bellandur flyover. It is removed now. It took 2 hours for my wife (in her cab) to get to Ecospace from Marthahalli.
bejoy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th April 2016, 22:26   #11312
BHPian

I noticed it as I was exiting ecospace around 7:45. Kept going on service road and noticed a free road after the flyover. Took me around 5 minutes to reach my house in HSR. Still pinching myself
Old 28th April 2016, 23:49   #11313
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhandary View Post
Massive traffic jam on the outer ring road from marathahalli bridge and silk board. It's taken 1+hr to travel from multiplex to Eco space and still no signs of the end of the jam. Don't know what is the cause of this unusual jam today.
Finally, the journey between Sathya Sai and BTM was completed in 3h 30min. After passing Ecospace, the traffic started to thin out. What a national waste of fuel and non-productive use of peoples time.
bhandary is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th April 2016, 06:52   #11314
Senior - BHPian

Folks

A MAJOR TRAFFIC ALERT

On the first bellandur flyover coming from Silk Board,a TT is stranded on the rightmost lane. Reason being the front right side has been impacted along with the cracked windshield. Not sure how the accident occurred.
So kindly switch over to the left lane
Old 29th April 2016, 07:30   #11315
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suresh_gs View Post
Folks

A MAJOR TRAFFIC ALERT

On the first bellandur flyover coming from Silk Board,a TT is stranded on the rightmost lane. Reason being the front right side has been impacted along with the cracked windshield. Not sure how the accident occurred.
Accidents galore !!

The TT's front driver side has collapsed into the cabin. Either it rear ended a truck while overtaking, or rammed the flyover wall. Driver side looks real bad, hope the driver survived.
Jam had built up almost till Sarjapur flyover base. Took me about 12 minutes to clear.

Just a few metres down the flyover, bang in front of Maruti showroom, there are three banged up vehicles.

A Indica Vista rear ended a truck, which had rear-ended a Indicab. All are on the extreme left and not obstructing traffic. So relatively clear, followed a Volvo.

Pro-Tip in Jam: Trick is to always follow a Volvo in bumper to bumper jam. Best is, if you are sandwiched between two Volvos. The front one makes way for you. The rear one ensures no bikers squeeze besides you
Soumyajit9 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 29th April 2016, 07:43   #11316
Senior - BHPian

Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation

I left Bagmane world tech park at 9.45 pm and I reached EcoSpace junction by 10.45 before I finally reached home at JP Nagar at 11.30 pm. Something was horribly wrong.

And soumyajit - very much agree with you. I do exactly that of being behind the Volvo buses and the Volvos manage to muscle their way out and through traffic on the left most lanes.

Last edited by jkrishnakj : 29th April 2016 at 07:45.
Old 29th April 2016, 08:32   #11317
Senior - BHPian

Even at 11:30 PM yesterday my company groups were full of massive delays near Ecospace. Can an accident be solely responsible? Kadubisanahalli-Iblur was 1+ hour affair for most people, between 9 and 11:30 PM.
Old 29th April 2016, 09:14   #11318
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soumyajit9 View Post
Accidents galore !!

The TT's front driver side has collapsed into the cabin. Either it rear ended a truck while overtaking, or rammed the flyover wall. Driver side looks real bad, hope the driver survived.
Jam had built up almost till Sarjapur flyover base. Took me about 12 minutes to clear.

Just a few metres down the flyover, bang in front of Maruti showroom, there are three banged up vehicles.

A Indica Vista rear ended a truck, which had rear-ended a Indicab. All are on the extreme left and not obstructing traffic. So relatively clear, followed a Volvo.

Pro-Tip in Jam: Trick is to always follow a Volvo in bumper to bumper jam. Best is, if you are sandwiched between two Volvos. The front one makes way for you. The rear one ensures no bikers squeeze besides you
Quote:
Originally Posted by suresh_gs View Post
Folks

A MAJOR TRAFFIC ALERT

Surprisingly, there was very minimal traffic. No Jam in the Agara flyover, no congestion through the military area, and very minimal jam at the Iblur signal. Is it some holiday today?
bharat4ever is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th April 2016, 09:23   #11319
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bharat4ever View Post
Surprisingly, there was very minimal traffic. No Jam in the Agara flyover, no congestion through the military area, and very minimal jam at the Iblur signal. Is it some holiday today?
People will still be recovering from yesterdays mayhem. So you can expect a late start to the days traffic snarls For the record, my friend left whitefield at 7PM and reached home in BSK at 10:30PM. She applied leave today.

I guess from the last two weeks or so the Ecospace backlog is consistently growing. It had previously shortened to the base of the Flyover but now it reaches the underpass during my commute times. Hence, I have switched back to my old and trustworthy KR Pura MG road route.
Old 29th April 2016, 09:33   #11320
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soumyajit9 View Post
I actually hate being behind a bus. I have no visibility on whats in front of the bus, so have no way of knowing if the bus driver will brake suddenly. I feel like I am driving "blind". Once I even ended up breaking a signal (and getting fined), as I was behind a bus and could not see the traffic light.

I similarly freakout when there is a bus on my tail. There was a time when I used to take a Volvo from Banashankri to ITPL and there were many drivers who used to make a sport out of tailgating cars to scare the drivers (of those cars). Needless to say, not all of them managed to brake in time. Infact, once, my bus driver was roughed up as he chose the "wrong"car to tailgate and ended up damaging the car's bumper.

Last edited by ajayclicks : 29th April 2016 at 09:35. Reason: Typo
ajayclicks is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th April 2016, 09:35   #11321
BHPian

Quote:
People will still be recovering from yesterdays mayhem. So you can expect a late start to the days traffic snarls For the record, my friend left whitefield at 7PM and reached home in BSK at 10:30PM. She applied leave today.

I guess from the last two weeks or so the Ecospace backlog is consistently growing. It had previously shortened to the base of the Flyover but now it reaches the underpass during my commute times. Hence, I have switched back to my old and trustworthy KR Pura MG road route.
Thanks to Google maps I avoided this mess. I had to drive from Brooksfield to sarjapur road at 9 PM last evening. Following google maps advise I routed via varthur and the drive was a breeze..

Looking at Google map at the start of any drive needs to now become ritual
adnaps is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th April 2016, 09:40   #11322
BHPian

Any idea if the protest call/ strike given by trade unions today is leading to traffic situations. Have to drop my family to airport today- have to reach airport by no later than 2.30 pm and I stay at JP Nagar. I was planning to leave at 12.00- 12.30, but given our policemen's competence in handling various protests, I wonder if I am already late!
Old 29th April 2016, 10:02   #11323
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by binand View Post
Even at 11:30 PM yesterday my company groups were full of massive delays near Ecospace. Can an accident be solely responsible? Kadubisanahalli-Iblur was 1+ hour affair for most people, between 9 and 11:30 PM.
Quote:
Couple of reasons for this mayhem at Ecospace, in the evenings.
1. For the past two week or so, there are huge craters formed at the base of Bellandur flyover, in the left most lane. Stagnant water add to the misery and all vehicles avoid this spot like plague - meaning more congestion - 6 to 8 lanes merging to two lanes to take flyover.
2. RMZ Ecoworld exit straight to (under the Intel flyover) the right most lane for going towards south. Now, there are 'smart' cabbies and others take this route and finally in front of Ecospace, turns left, cut across all the lanes and joins the Bosch service road.
3. People crossing the 16 lane road.

The foot over bridge is the only hope in sight.
Old 29th April 2016, 10:18   #11324
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajayclicks View Post
Any idea if the protest call/ strike given by trade unions today is leading to traffic situations. Have to drop my family to airport today- have to reach airport by no later than 2.30 pm and I stay at JP Nagar. I was planning to leave at 12.00- 12.30, but given our policemen's competence in handling various protests, I wonder if I am already late!
From what I heard. There is going to be adequate protection this time. One thing the leaders of all trade unions are clearly identified, and the police most likely would have met them and got some assurance that the strikers would not create ruckus. Secondly the plans all seems to be shared with the police so they would now ensure that strikers stick to their plans. The striking gang also may not wish to cause another riot as this time the strike is more "official".

I would suggest you watch the local TV channels from around 10:30-11:00Hrs to know the position of the protest marches etc. There may be big crowd in Cubbon Park and Freedom Park. On the Airport Side, i don't think there are lots of garment industries. And you would not be crossing the Peenya Industrial Area (which saw rioting last time).
sachinpk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th April 2016, 10:40   #11325
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bejoy View Post
Couple of reasons for this mayhem at Ecospace, in the evenings.
1. For the past two week or so, there are huge craters formed at the base of Bellandur flyover, in the left most lane. Stagnant water add to the misery and all vehicles avoid this spot like plague - meaning more congestion - 6 to 8 lanes merging to two lanes to take flyover.
2. RMZ Ecoworld exit straight to (under the Intel flyover) the right most lane for going towards south. Now, there are 'smart' cabbies and others take this route and finally in front of Ecospace, turns left, cut across all the lanes and joins the Bosch service road.
3. People crossing the 16 lane road.

The foot over bridge is the only hope in sight.
And to add to this mess, cabbies join the center service road below intel, and then in the end of the flyover in front of ecospace they take a U turn to the opposite side to continue towards marathahalli. They should seal that U turn for good and force people to take it under the next fly over. This U turn is very slow and builds up traffic till the signal under the flyover.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks