Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th May 2016, 08:54   #11536
BHPian

Re: Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation

So a waterfall erupted last night due to the rains. Location, Hosur road, near Singasandhra.
Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-cjjcxfuveaafqkk.jpg
bharat4ever is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 29th May 2016, 10:02   #11537
BHPian

I stayed in Bangalore for 2 years from 2009 to 2010. Bangalore at that time was my favourite city. Just because of its climate, avenues and transport. I remember travelling in pre-paid auto from one place to another peacefully.

However, i have made many visit to Bangalore after that. And I must say the public transport of the city has gone haywire. The growth of bangalore is kind of going into unsustainable direction. Limited buses, auto-walla asking aky high rates, traffic traffic everywhere.

The only solution to solve this rants on bangalore traffic is to have public transport.
Old 29th May 2016, 14:06   #11538
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun_josie View Post
I am not sure who is responsible for this, but an electric post on the middle of the road is idiotic.
I have posted this in Bangalore Traffic Police facebook page as well.
Here is the response from BTP. Asking me to report this to Mayor through Twitter, Facebook, Email. I have done the same.

Quote:
Noted, we will bring this matter concerned authorities and pls inform BBMP Mayor Bangalore <mayorbangalore@gmail.com>, <mayor@bbmp.gov.in> (BBMP control room 080-22975803) & https://twitter.com/BBMPCOMM1 bbmp mayor facebook page < https://www.facebook.com/ManjunathaReddy172>
So, they are blaming it on BBMP.
arun_josie is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th May 2016, 15:36   #11539
BHPian

Noted today that Cauvery Circle Underpass has been blocked for traffic (from Sadashivnagar Bashyam Circle to Cauvery Junction).

Apparently, a flyover is in the works at the Cauvery junction, for seamless movement of traffic from Palace Gutahalli Bus Stop towards Bellary Road.
Saw a JCB already in action removing the road divider.
tibby is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th May 2016, 17:56   #11540
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HalfOctave View Post

The only solution to solve this rants on bangalore traffic is to have public transport.
The metro needs to come up quickly. Right now we have the connectivity between Mysore road and Baiyyapanahalli. Still the IT corridor is not covered by Metro. Places like Electronic city, Whitefield, Koramangala need to be covered under Metro.
To solve the rants on Bangalore traffic in addition to Metro rail, may be companies should start identifying if it is required for all employees to come to office. Certain teams should be given the option of work from home. On need basis they can come to office.
By doing so a sizable chunk of vehicles will go off the road. When the govt starts metro construction, traffic will be there but not to that extent (I hope so).
Old 29th May 2016, 18:13   #11541
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tibby View Post
Noted today that Cauvery Circle Underpass has been blocked for traffic (from Sadashivnagar Bashyam Circle to Cauvery Junction).

Apparently, a flyover is in the works at the Cauvery junction, for seamless movement of traffic from Palace Gutahalli Bus Stop towards Bellary Road.
Saw the block yesterday evening and was wondering what is cooking. Thanks for this info. Looks like I will have to use the 1.5 lane guttahalli road to get to sankey signal from guttahalli side
Old 29th May 2016, 20:37   #11542
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by procrj View Post
Saw the block yesterday evening and was wondering what is cooking. Thanks for this info. Looks like I will have to use the 1.5 lane guttahalli road to get to sankey signal from guttahalli side
Yes. With this (much delayed) project, its best to avoid Sankey Road & Bellary Road to the extent possible.

Interiors of Guttahalli & Sadashivnagar shall be quite clogged now onwards.
Old 30th May 2016, 00:05   #11543
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun_josie View Post
I am not sure who is responsible for this, but an electric post on the middle of the road is idiotic. And not even a sign or reflector to caution the road users. Can't imagine someone following the median line at night and then bumping in to this post. Its not about just crashing on this, any last-minute evasive action can be fatal for oncoming traffic on the other lane as well.

Attachment 1511500

I have posted this in Bangalore Traffic Police facebook page as well.

Not quite as bad as this one, but there is one in old madras road as well. I have raised a sahaaya ticket with BBMP and been following up with them. So far it's been a merry go around by calling one officer after another.

I can't understand, someone laying the road like this with a right frame of mind. This is so dangerous and should be treated as a criminal negligence.
Old 30th May 2016, 07:49   #11544
Distinguished - BHPian

Pedestrian skywalk is partially assembled in front of ecospace. Guess they should complete it next weekend.
audioholic is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th May 2016, 08:59   #11545
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tibby View Post

BTP has closed the underpass since saturday morning. If you are moving from Bashyam circle side to sankey road, you have to stay on the ground level ramp at the underpass, take left towards mekhri circle, take the up ramp (ground level) at Mekhri circle underpass and take a U turn at the top of the underpass.
Quote a detour.
Already there was lot of congestion on saturday at the point where the Bellary road and the road from bashyam circle meet, near the Girias/Enfield showroom.
sandsun7 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th May 2016, 09:51   #11546
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
Pedestrian skywalk is partially assembled in front of ecospace. Guess they should complete it next weekend.
Internal memos in my organisation show a date of 15 June for getting itoperational. Keeping fingers crossed.
Old 30th May 2016, 10:46   #11547
BHPian

Quote:
This skywalk seems to be hiding the direction signboards while coming down the Bellandur flyover, effectively rendering the signboards useless.
Old 30th May 2016, 11:18   #11548
Senior - BHPian

Traffic building up from Marathahalli to Kadubeesanahalli underpass due to bus break down.
Attached Thumbnails
Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-img_20160530_104234_hdr.jpg  

Old 30th May 2016, 11:32   #11549
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The skeleton, or "backbone" is ready, hopefully the FOB will be operational soon. I wish they erect 8' or 10' fences on the median to prevent educated monkeys from darting across, and force them to use the designated path - the FOB, to cross the ORR.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjaykk View Post
This skywalk seems to be hiding the direction signboards while coming down the Bellandur flyover, effectively rendering the signboards useless.
It's a small price to pay to avoid the many near-misses and accidents, and also the kilometre long jams caused due to the ORR traffic being stopped to let pedestrians cross the road. With some pressure, the authorities can be made to shift the signboards to a more visible location once the FOB is made operational.
silversteed is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th May 2016, 11:39   #11550
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonelyPlanet View Post
Internal memos in my organisation show a date of 15 June for getting itoperational. Keeping fingers crossed.
Thats great. I hope they do force people to use the same since we will still have some lazy ones who would prefer crossing the road. But the structure looks good and the climb though long is not steep.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjaykk View Post
Haha yes, but I think once this is done, the signboards can be hung down from the skywalk itself. Thats a smaller problem compared to the infinitely long traffic holdup here. So much that nobody gives a damn about the signboard

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks