Team-BHP > Street Experiences

Search this Thread
Old 30th May 2016, 14:19   #11551
BHPian

Re: Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
Pedestrian skywalk is partially assembled in front of ecospace. Guess they should complete it next weekend.
They should make sure that the divider is tall enough to prevent jaywalkers and those risking their lives for a thrilling run across the tarmac.
Else the flyover is a complete lost cause.
Also there needs to ped flyovers near New Horizon Engineering college and maybe Prestige TechPark which are the current hotspots where tons of pedestrians cross and traffic slows down.
Of course Ecospace flyover took ages to even start construction , hopefully the other such places are identified and done quickly to ease traffic slightly on ORR.
ambivalent_98 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st May 2016, 06:59   #11552
BHPian

Innova has overturned between jakkasandra and Agara Junction ( opp Propsed Mantri SEZ). Traffic is piling up and hence if you are coming from Kormangala/ Madivala, take a right at lemon grass signal and go through HSR BDA complex flyover to Agara.

Apparently Innova was speeding and hit the median before overturning. Only driver in Innova and he came out unhurt.

Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-image.jpeg

Last edited by bblost : 1st June 2016 at 15:03.
Old 31st May 2016, 07:01   #11553
BHPian

Posted from mobile and did not realise that the picture was uploaded upside down. Apologies for the same
Old 31st May 2016, 09:11   #11554
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tibby View Post
Noted today that Cauvery Circle Underpass has been blocked for traffic (from Sadashivnagar Bashyam Circle to Cauvery Junction).

Apparently, a flyover is in the works at the Cauvery junction, for seamless movement of traffic from Palace Gutahalli Bus Stop towards Bellary Road.
Saw a JCB already in action removing the road divider.
Quote:
Originally Posted by procrj View Post
Saw the block yesterday evening and was wondering what is cooking. Thanks for this info. Looks like I will have to use the 1.5 lane guttahalli road to get to sankey signal from guttahalli side
Quote:
Originally Posted by tibby View Post
Yes. With this (much delayed) project, its best to avoid Sankey Road & Bellary Road to the extent possible.

Interiors of Guttahalli & Sadashivnagar shall be quite clogged now onwards.
Permanently closed now as expected when BTP posted the diversions 3 days back.

Source

Quote:
The traffic cops wanted to analyse the situation on Monday due to the closure. The police have identified diversions. The closure of the magic box did not cause much inconvenience to the road users from Bhashyam Circle end. The police inspected the situation at the junction in the morning and evening. The situation was more or less normal," Additional Commissioner of Police (Traffic) R Hithendra told Deccan Herald.

The police said that the magic box was set up in a wrong place which led to blocks and congestions on the stretch between Mekhri Circle and the Windsor Manor bridge. "We will reopen the magic box only after the elevated flyover is thrown open for road users,'' Hithendra clarified.

Commuters heading to the Windsor Manor bridge from Bhashyam Circle had a tough time on Monday as most of them were unaware of the diversions which resulted in congestions at a couple of places for a while.

The traffic police said that the situation would be normal once the regular road users get used to the diversions.
I passed this between 0645pm and 0730pm and trust me that NOTHING has changed. The pile up is as usual was right from Windsor Manor and crawling.

Somehow going by previous instances, I am sure a lot of Political biggies will object to this plan as traffic will increase within Sadashivnagar area which is full of Politicians.

Edit -
Don't know if you folks remember but BTP also posted another change between Raj Bhavan and High Grounds. They made this 2 way!!

Then they may have reverted to current set-up may be because it failed miserably. In fact it prevented those from Chalukya side to criss cross towards Mount Carmel and instead made them drive passing Golf Course and make U at Windsor Manor to reach the other side.

This seems to have lasted a day I believe as it was business as usual yesterday evening but you can notice how they have broken the median opposite to Raj Bhavan to implement this plan that didn't yield them the desired results. Even comments on FB for their post had drawn a lot of criticism.

Last edited by paragsachania : 31st May 2016 at 09:22.
Old 31st May 2016, 11:17   #11555
Senior - BHPian

Heard on my way to office that there has been a huge traffic pileup just after the toll booth from airport. This is when entering the city from Airport. People going to airport are not affected is what I heard. It seems this is because of the snap stir from drivers associated with OLA and Uber. Last I heard , cops had reached the spot and were trying to manage the situation.
Old 31st May 2016, 15:00   #11556
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sureshurs View Post
Innova has overturned between jakkasandra and Agara Junction ( opp Propsed Mantri SEZ). Traffic is piling up and hence if you are coming from Kormangala/ Madivala, take a right at lemon grass signal and go through HSR BDA complex flyover to Agara.

Apparently Innova was speeding and hit the median before overturning. Only driver in Innova and he came out unhurt.
Thank god, I was thinking you were in another upturned vehicle nearby and absolutely just had to update this live on TBhp.
In this ear of live tweeting even on your way to the ICCU, anything is possible.

Last edited by Roomy : 31st May 2016 at 15:05.
Roomy is online now   (11) Thanks
Old 31st May 2016, 19:46   #11557
BHPian

A person was assaulted in Bangalore for taking pictures of a guy riding his scooter on the footpath

https://www.facebook.com/permalink.p...unseen-section

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/c...w/52512874.cms

This is what our society has come to. We are still such an uncivilized lot. Today morning on my way to office, traffic was held up by 2 guys fighting it out (verbally) over what looks like a minor accident. They parked their cars parallel to each other and fought. Did not even consider the option of pulling over and then arguing.
Old 31st May 2016, 21:02   #11558
BHPian

When i saw this incident in real time, i felt sorry for those couples. But later when i watched the video (captured by my dashcam), i feel that it may not clear cut case and i see that, the guy moved slightly left (don't know why he did that) and this caused the guy on bike to hit their bike.
Whatever it is, lucky that the none got hurt as i was worried about that pregnant women.

kavensri is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st May 2016, 21:49   #11559
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kavensri View Post
When i saw this incident in real time, i felt sorry for those couples. But later when i watched the video (captured by my dashcam), i feel that it may not clear cut case and i see that, the guy moved slightly left (don't know why he did that) and this caused the guy on bike to hit their bike.
Whatever it is, lucky that the none got hurt as i was worried about that pregnant women.
And a raging battle ensues! Look at the way the rider who was hit, threw his helmet in rage at the other biker and charged towards him, not even caring to attend the pregnant lady who had just fallen down!
I feel the biker who hit was overspeeding. Your speed as per dashcam info was around 49 kmph, and the way that guy sped past you, looks like he was in good speed. Could be that seeing a bit of uneven patch of road on the left extreme side, he swerved towards right a bit and that is where he hit the other bike.

Last edited by sandsun7 : 31st May 2016 at 21:52.
Old 31st May 2016, 22:11   #11560
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
When i saw this incident in real time, i felt sorry for those couples. But later when i watched the video (captured by my dashcam), i feel that it may not clear cut case and i see that, the guy moved slightly left (don't know why he did that) and this caused the guy on bike to hit their bike
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandsun7 View Post
And a raging battle ensues! Look at the way the rider who was hit, threw his helmet in rage at the other biker and charged towards him, not even caring to attend the pregnant lady who had just fallen down!
The speeding biker was clearly at fault. He was overtaking from the left at speeds over 70 kmph. The scooterist might have veered left due to a rough patch, or perhaps the car overtaking him honked, making him move a bit to the left.

I hope the lady is ok.
Old 31st May 2016, 22:26   #11561
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohanak1 View Post
A person was assaulted in Bangalore for taking pictures of a guy riding his scooter on the footpath
I read the Facebook post and went through the comments. Two set of comments stood out.
1. One chap preaching on how the entire infrastructure is messed up in the city, and saying that with that as an excuse "riding on footpath" should be allowed. Chap conveniently ignored the physical assault part.
2. Another chap who wrote a long post on "private details" of a citizen getting exposed, and stating that the person who got bashed up was invading some one else's privacy etc.

To be frank gentlemen. This case would go no where. The police also knows that this may become a "local v/s out sider" issue. Chances of this goon getting caught is very very remote.The way things are going, every local is encouraged to become a goon and the out sider gang has to be the "sitting ducks".
sachinpk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st May 2016, 22:35   #11562
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Whatever it is, lucky that the none got hurt as i was worried about that pregnant women.]
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandsun7 View Post
I feel the biker who hit was overspeeding. Your speed as per dashcam info was around 49 kmph, and the way that guy sped past you, looks like he was in good speed. Could be that seeing a bit of uneven patch of road on the left extreme side, he swerved towards right a bit and that is where he hit the other bike.
Biker got a well deserved thrashing I must say. He better take this as a hard lesson and not drive like the road is his private closed area. From the other guys side of view, he would definitely have been pissed considering the condition of the lady and for having fallen down with no mistake of his own. Had the impact been more he and the lady might have lost the unborn child. Such a serious fine to pay for speeding.
Old 31st May 2016, 22:57   #11563
Senior - BHPian

Bellandur flyover choked now. Took 20 mins from eco space to cross the flyover towards HSR. Trailer and car accident on top of the flyover occupying two lanes.
Old 1st June 2016, 07:58   #11564
Distinguished - BHPian

There is some truck overturned it seems near Lottegollahalli railway station leading to quite a pile up. If anyone is traveling that side be careful.
Old 1st June 2016, 08:21   #11565
Team-BHP Support

Had a 4.30 am video conference in office.

Residency Road free- yippee, about to speed up, huge barriers to divert traffic for road works.

Ditto in Domlur

Warning, be careful of sudden diversions when driving in Bangalore at night
ajmat is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed