Team-BHP > Street Experiences

Search this Thread
Old 1st June 2016, 09:29   #11566
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation

Two persons who were speeding on a scooter crashed down from the Kengeri flyover (aka Rainbow flyover) and died
Source (Article:Two scooterists flip to death from flyover)

Last edited by NPV : 1st June 2016 at 09:31.
Old 1st June 2016, 10:04   #11567
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
There is some truck overturned it seems near Lottegollahalli railway station leading to quite a pile up. If anyone is traveling that side be careful.
It happened a little before 6:00 am this morning. I was lucky enough to drive past it as soon as it happened and traffic was already piling up.

Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-img20160601wa0004.jpg

Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-img20160601wa0003.jpg

Last I heard was that the truck was removed by 8:30am, but the damage was already done by then. Traffic piled up beyond HMT theatre, mathikere and other areas.
rjstyles69 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st June 2016, 10:20   #11568
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
Two persons who were speeding on a scooter crashed down from the Kengeri flyover (aka Rainbow flyover) and died
Source (Article:Two scooterists flip to death from flyover)
These guys were doing wheelies on the flyover and I am not a bit surprised what happened.

This has become a big nuisance now and I have noticed, it has been increasing quite a bit as well. No helmets and with a heavy guy sitting behind to transfer weight, these guys think they own the road. And of course, a part of the gang right behind to take videos.
The other day I was waiting at the beginning of ITC flyover for around ten minutes and saw two bikes going to and fro on the flyover doing wheelies as many as 5 times.

Last edited by tharian : 1st June 2016 at 10:43. Reason: typo
tharian is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 1st June 2016, 10:37   #11569
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tharian View Post
These guys were doing wheelies on the flyover and I am not bit surprised what happened.
Sorry for being rude, but if that is the case all I can say is . The "wheelie" menace is now spreading to various parts of the city (and even the Bangalore Urban Dt). Earlier this was restricted to the Inner Ring Road, and the police went against them as one of the wheelie jokers tried to have fun with the Army sentries and got shot (and died). Then it moved onto NICE Road etc.

Last week I was coming from the City RS at around 0430Hrs, and the wheelie gang was there on Hosur Road as well. The taxi driver with pride said that they were all "hamare log" (our people). If these youngsters can do this at 0430Hrs in the morning, I guess there is no concept of "parental control" in their families. Their own parents seems NOT to be bothered about what their sons do in the middle of the night or where they go in the morning.
Old 1st June 2016, 11:39   #11570
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sachinpk View Post
The way things are going, every local is encouraged to become a goon and the out sider gang has to be the "sitting ducks".
Come on man, your statement is ridiculous. I am a locality and I have never seen such a thing. Just because the so called outsider (as you say) shot the film and the man retaliated was a Kannadiga (or south Indian) things don’t change. Did you know Bangalore has less than 20% as Kannadigas? If it was as per your statement the figure would not been such narrow.

Whatever it is your statement is overreacting and uncalled for!
LoneRidder is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 1st June 2016, 12:16   #11571
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneRidder View Post
Just because the so called outsider (as you say) shot the film and the man retaliated was a Kannadiga (or south Indian) things don’t change.
I suggest you go through the Facebook comments. There were two individuals who were supporting the person who did the assault (one tried with ridiculous explanation, and another tried to give vague legal threats and started tagging other groups etc.). Any ways, I would wait to see the report which says that the accused in this case was arrested, and punishment meted out to him.
Old 1st June 2016, 12:16   #11572
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kavensri View Post
When i saw this incident in real time, i felt sorry for those couples. But later when i watched the video (captured by my dashcam), i feel that it may not clear cut case and i see that, the guy moved slightly left (don't know why he did that) and this caused the guy on bike to hit their bike.
Whatever it is, lucky that the none got hurt as i was worried about that pregnant women.
Clearly the fault of the lone rider - he was faster than rest and blindly overtaking from left. If somebody bangs from rear, what can the vehicle in front do?
Quote:
Originally Posted by sachinpk View Post
The way things are going, every local is encouraged to become a goon and the out sider gang has to be the "sitting ducks".
Who is providing the encouragement for becoming a goon? Otherwise, it will be a case of Faulty generalization.
msdivy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st June 2016, 12:20   #11573
BANNED

Last night at 8:00PM my ride from Whitefield to Home was so peacefull! Absolutely no traffic and I reached home in Half hour which usually takes little more than an hour.
I believe the reason for this is the Ola and Uber were not plying on the roads yesterday ? If this is true then we know the reason for the sudden spike in Traffic on the roads !!
Old 1st June 2016, 12:26   #11574
Senior - BHPian

Mod's Note: A request to all of you. No undue provocations please. The thread is on traffic situation in Bangalore but please do not get down to proving points.

Last edited by Zappo : 1st June 2016 at 13:24.
Old 1st June 2016, 15:14   #11575
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by daretodream View Post
Went to City Railway station to drop my inlaws for Chennai Shatabdi which leaves at 0600 am. We keft home(HSR Layout) at 5:10 am and cruised till Tank Bund Road.
The tri-signal at the junction of Tank-Bund Road, TCM Road, Gubbi Thotadappa Road (here) was in big mess. Took us more than 20 minutes to cross as it was in deadlock at morning 05:30 am!!!
The left turn to enter station complex - all jammed up by autos ushering the passengers... Had to honk ( I hate honking) when they were simply not moving a bit inspite of lights flashing and engine revving!!
I just managed to help my in laws keep the luggage at the door and train moved.. phew!
In a similar situation last year, we were stuck at the traffic signal near Shanthala silks but we had about 40+ minutes before the train departed, and finally made it with 10 minutes to spare.

A new entrance (third) to the City Railway station is now coming up on Gubbi Thondappa Road near Shanthala Silks, this should help ease the traffic situation around the Bangalore City Railway Station and hopefully provide some parking space as well.

Source (Article:City Rly Stn to get third entrance)
NPV is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st June 2016, 19:16   #11576
BHPian

Heavy rains smashing the city!! Time for traffic updates. I guess entire ORR is jammed now.
Old 1st June 2016, 19:16   #11577
Distinguished - BHPian

Traffic jam from Marathahalli till Eco space thanks to waterlogging near Bellandur flyover. Also, waterlogging in Kadubeesinahalli underpass, manageable for all kinds of vehicles, but be cautious of wave created by other vehicles.
An indica did a speed test at underpass creating a huge wave which hit my Alto till radiator level. Thankfully apart from steam and sound no damage.
mpksuhas is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st June 2016, 20:02   #11578
Distinguished - BHPian

Looks like the ORR gods have unleashed their wrath along with the rain. Jammed beyond Marathahalli Bridge. I just escaped this mess at 530PM. Now its a goner. Witnessed the heaviest rain in agara. On the flyover it felt like I was flying through the clouds - But I was still at 20kmph
audioholic is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st June 2016, 20:07   #11579
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
Looks like the ORR gods have unleashed their wrath along with the rain. Jammed beyond Marathahalli Bridge. I just escaped this mess at 530PM. Now its a goner. Witnessed the heaviest rain in agara. On the flyover it felt like I was flying through the clouds - But I was still at 20kmph
It seems it didnt rain in Mahadevapura and beyond areas!!!
Old 1st June 2016, 20:10   #11580
Senior - BHPian

Whitefield from Hope Farm to Forum Mall is completely jammed. So is borewell road. Please avoid this side. I was stuck in that area for an hour.

Most Viewed