Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st June 2016, 08:33   #11806
BHPian

Re: Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
I think I will stay back in office today. Not going home I guess looking at the backlog of traffic already. No point in spending hours to go home sleep and return tomorrow. Whoever planned this should be shot
Any update on the traffic situation near RMZ Ecospace today? Yesterday i saw the updates on t-bhp and decided to work from home.
Old 21st June 2016, 08:40   #11807
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiran_cr View Post
Any update on the traffic situation near RMZ Ecospace today? Yesterday i saw the updates on t-bhp and decided to work from home.
Well I just whizzed past it in the morning. No issues. But I think the evening chaos is to stay for the coming week or two. The rains are just going to make the situation worse. If you work in ecospace then the problem is minute compared to working beyond marathahalli and having to pass through this stretch. Will check the situation in the evening since I will be leaving early today. But I wont be passing through that stretch. It will either be Yamalur road or Via KR Puram unless Google shows an all clear in front of Ecospace.

Quote:
Originally Posted by for_cars1 View Post
We can only dream of quick and efficient mass public transportation at the moment. Hopefully in another 20 years with Metro giving proper coverage.
Metro is already crowded. The great Metro Boss says that ridership should increase further for them to expand coaches. This is how development in India is way behind demand. What do they lose by adding a coach or two(most of them lying idle in the yard) to the existing trains? At least they can run elongated rakes at peak hours. At 5PM, people cant board train in middle stations and the security literally stuffs passengers into trains to help shut the doors. Why cant supply be ahead of demand like in foreign countries, that too when the resources are ready?

To add to this, the metro is poorly planned in the East west line. The trains are slow and are getting slower. Before, the ride time between BYPL and Railway station was 20-21 minutes. Now it is 24-25mins. When are they going to add trains and increase frequency? Only when passengers blast out of the door due to overcrowding?

Last edited by audioholic : 21st June 2016 at 08:48.
audioholic is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 21st June 2016, 08:48   #11808
Distinguished - BHPian

Gap Analysis:

Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-right_way.jpg

And trust me, we see every specimen like these on our roads today.
paragsachania is offline   (15) Thanks
Old 21st June 2016, 08:48   #11809
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiran_cr View Post
I crossed the Ecospace at 7:45AM towards ECity. And expectedly it was smooth.. No traffic
Sree73 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st June 2016, 11:51   #11810
BHPian

Quote:
If only they had better common sense. But one good thing here is the local goons now guard this area and regulate traffic. Trust me, they are the saviors. They literally thrash people back to the queue. Much appreciated. If only every Junction had such people
That was quite unsavory of you calling them goons . You know how it works if they are not around, its hell out there! Chinnapanahalli road was never to take such huge traffic, it was just a small 30 feet road, today it caters close to 30000 4 wheelers a day. It may be the case on every road in Bangalore, though!

We have been facing this unwarranted traffic for past few years for want of having better road. Now after repeated traffic chaos, we, the residents, have come up with self-funded traffic management. I definitely don’t want a well suited guy, carrying the latest Intel Core i7 in his backpack manning the show, who anyways doesn’t have sense forget common sense!

Needless to say, 90% of the traffic is of software professionals, that are one of the better educated, better paid but with NO civic sense .
LoneRidder is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 21st June 2016, 12:47   #11811
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneRidder View Post
That was quite unsavory of you calling them goons . You know how it works if they are not around, its hell out there! Chinnapanahalli road was never to take such huge traffic, it was just a small 30 feet road, today it caters close to 30000 4 wheelers a day. It may be the case on every road in Bangalore, though!

Please Don't take offense of that. I was appreciating the work these people do. Just that when I saw these well built people with sticks in the hand, they do look scary, and so are their actions Have always given a thumbs up while passing.
audioholic is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 21st June 2016, 13:29   #11812
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
But one good thing here is the local goons now guard this area and regulate traffic. Trust me, they are the saviors. They literally thrash people back to the queue. Much appreciated. If only every Junction had such people
This seems to be a tradition in Bangalore, and I see it as a positive. At least there are people out there who are willing to spent time regulating traffic. I have seen this happening a few times at Chandapura and Varthur as well. Yes, and it is muscle power (and lung power as well) which gets going here. It kinds of proves the claim that we Indians really only understand things once we know the power of a stick.

But all this actually shows the state & city police in rather poor light. I have not seen this happening in other southern states (as a normal routine activity).
Old 21st June 2016, 14:04   #11813
BHPian

Quote:
In other news, I made it home within usual time by doing some heavy route deviations. Left whitefield at 5 and reached home at 6:40. Office - Graphite India - ABB Junction - Airbus building - Goshala road - Mahadevpura - ISRO Junction - Old Airport road - Yamalur road - Bellandur lake - Outer ring road - Agara - Madiwala Market - Silk board - BTM - JP Nagat - Jaynagara - Banashankari
If you want to get connected to Goshala road, then you don't have to go till ABB, Airbus building. You could take the left after hoodi circle to 'sri krishna temple road'. This road is newly tarred and traffic free during early evenings.
Old 21st June 2016, 14:58   #11814
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sathya.bhat View Post
If you want to get connected to Goshala road, then you don't have to go till ABB, Airbus building. You could take the left after hoodi circle to 'sri krishna temple road'. This road is newly tarred and traffic free during early evenings.
I went there because I had to drop a colleague in Brigade Metropolis. My initial idea was to go via KR Pura but there was a pile up from KR Pura to Phoenix Market city so changed my mind at Metropolis and took left immediately after.
Old 21st June 2016, 16:59   #11815
Senior - BHPian

View from Kadubesanahalli. People planning to go from Maratanahalli toward EcoSpace better stay where there are.

Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-1466508426233.jpg

Last edited by ampere : 21st June 2016 at 20:36. Reason: Fixed orientation
Jaguar is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 21st June 2016, 17:54   #11816
BHPian

Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation

OT- I am in Manila , Philippines for next 2 weeks. The eco space traffic and the Orr traffic is nothing compared to what I am seeing here. Stuck in traffic for the past 30 mins in the same place and this is normal in Manila it seems, my driver says!

Edit : Added a pic of google maps. For the past 30 mins maps says 13 mins for 950 mtrs.[Attachment 1519898ATTACH]1519897[/ATTACH]

Last edited by sairamboko : 21st June 2016 at 17:58.
Old 21st June 2016, 18:07   #11817
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
View from Kadubesanahalli. People planning to go from Maratanahalli toward EcoSpace better stay where there are.
This looks like it was taken from Indiqube Alpha - you work there?
Old 21st June 2016, 18:28   #11818
Distinguished - BHPian

Escaped the mess again and came home earlier than usual. From Kadubisanahalli underpass I went above and entered Karyiammana Agrahara, Sakra Hospital, Bellandur and joined the ORR again. Thankfully I am going abroad for the next two months so I will escape the mess created by whoever dug up that road.
audioholic is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st June 2016, 19:41   #11819
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
Gap Analysis:

Attachment 1519673

And trust me, we see every specimen like these on our roads today.
I see this everyday (at a smaller scale) at the Hoodi ATM junction towards ABB. The right 2 lanes are for the U-turn. The guys from the outer lane start taking the U-turn there and end up in the inner lane. How are the inner lane guys supposed to ever complete their turn? Why people don't understand something as basic as finishing in the same lane that you start. If that can't be done start from the inner lane isn't it?
Old 21st June 2016, 23:07   #11820
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by binand View Post
This looks like it was taken from Indiqube Alpha - you work there?
Yes. Do you work there too? Send me a PM.

Quote:
Escaped the mess again and came home earlier than usual. From Kadubisanahalli underpass I went above and entered Karyiammana Agrahara, Sakra Hospital, Bellandur and joined the ORR again. Thankfully I am going abroad for the next two months so I will escape the mess created by whoever dug up that road.
From Sakara Hospital to Bellandur I suppose you take the mud road which goes parallel to ORR and reaches near Bellandur lake. What is the condition of that road or what car do you drive Last month, on one of the rainy days, I started on that road from Sakara but few vehicles coming from that side said that the road was closed and I decided to turn back.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks