Search this Thread
Old 22nd June 2016, 09:47   #11821
BHPian

Re: Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
Gap Analysis:

Attachment 1519673

And trust me, we see every specimen like these on our roads today.
Excellent Gap Analysis

OT - All my colleagues are in smiles when I showed them this, you know why? We had a early morning meeting on "Gap Analysis". Yes, that's one of the thing I do for living.
I identify gaps in our products against client requirements and try to plug this gap. This picture will so straight into one of my PPTs if you don't mind that is.
But everyday I struggle to find gap from Gottigere to Whitefield and have been failing from last 14 years

Regards
chandrda is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 22nd June 2016, 09:51   #11822
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sairamboko View Post
OT- I am in Manila , Philippines for next 2 weeks. The eco space traffic and the Orr traffic is nothing compared to what I am seeing here. Stuck in traffic for the past 30 mins in the same place and this is normal in Manila it seems, my driver says!

Edit : Added a pic of google maps. For the past 30 mins maps says 13 mins for 950 mtrs.[Attachment 1519898ATTACH]1519897[/ATTACH]
Oh yeah. Manila is absolutely the pits. Similarly Jakarta.

The only difference being that people are slightly more polite and don't honk and irritate everyone else. They just sit out the inevitable.
shankar.balan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd June 2016, 10:20   #11823
BHPian

Now a days i see a new trend of flashing headlights from the cabbies... I dont understand the meaning of that, especially in b2b traffic :(
Old 22nd June 2016, 10:29   #11824
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by smnrock View Post
Now a days i see a new trend of flashing headlights from the cabbies... I dont understand the meaning of that, especially in b2b traffic :(
They should rather sing this song from the Cartoon Noddy
'Make way for Noddy (NODDY!)
He toots his horn to say, beep, beep, beep,
Make way for Noddy (NODDY!)
He flashes his light to say,

Make way for Noddy (NODDY)
Get out of my way'

They have got restless. If they cant squeeze the accelerator and brake they squeeze the headlight stalk. There are some guys who do this in the left lane and as if we have to get on to the footpath to make way for these idiots. I turn a blind eye to them. No one messes with my sedate pace. If at all the road ahead is actually clear, there is no reason why I will be blocking people behind me and I will also increase my pace. These people lack common sense and try to flash even in crawling traffic. Some people do make way for them, showing a much mature behaviour, but the issue is once these cab idiots get a little space, they squeeze ahead of you in such a manner, that puts you at greater risk since many people end up braking suddenly, and another cab will rear end your car

Once this trend spreads, they will end up with blown headlights and the mechanics will teach a lesson and advise them not to flash too much. Only then they will understand.

Best logic here is, if they are too fast and they do have space to pass, let them pass. But never compromise on your own position in the road and make way for these people. They will zoom ahead leaving you in trouble for being a nice guy.

Last edited by audioholic : 22nd June 2016 at 10:42. Reason: Added song
audioholic is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 22nd June 2016, 10:37   #11825
BHPian

Quote:
Maybe the heat coming out of the headlights will expand the road
2500cc is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 22nd June 2016, 12:18   #11826
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I have observed that the flashing headlights OCD has come down these days. Maybe it's just me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
Best logic here is, if they are too fast and they do have space to pass, let them pass. But never compromise on your own position in the road and make way for these people. They will zoom ahead leaving you in trouble for being a nice guy.
To one such guy, I lowered the window and signalled him to fly over my car. His OCD got cured immediately. When the traffic cleared, I did make way for him - better to be a witness when he rear-ends someone, probably another one of his kind (hopefully he mends his ways and not get into one), than get rear-ended by him
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2500cc View Post
Maybe the heat coming out of the headlights will expand the road
They're creating pressure waves by alternate heating and cooling, to push the other vehicles forward, like how a snake swallows its prey
silversteed is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd June 2016, 13:00   #11827
BHPian

May be they are trying to overtake us and flashing head light for the car in opposite direction to give way.
Or they are flashing if one guy is suddenly cutting into their lane and he wants the other guy not to do that.
Or may be its the signal turning red to green, where I have seen many idiots keeping their vehicle switched off without noticing the signal and will start only if the people behind them honks or flash lights (at night)!!
Old 22nd June 2016, 16:50   #11828
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
Yes. Do you work there too? Send me a PM.

From Sakara Hospital to Bellandur I suppose you take the mud road which goes parallel to ORR and reaches near Bellandur lake. What is the condition of that road or what car do you drive
Nothing special about the condition of the road. Pretty much the same as other roads in this area. If it rains heavily then I am not sure if it will be tractable. I drive a WagonR and no issues with potholes. No need of mentioning about my SX4. After Sakra Hospital, one can join the ORR but this is a huge downer in terms of planning since I have to go all the way to the entrance of the tech parks, where security will block traffic and prioritize exiting traffic. After this, we have to take a roundabout and join the centre service road. Here, traffic is stuck because a cab is trying to nudge between the divider taking a U turn.

After living 22 years in South Bangalore, now daily I am introduced to various gullies, Hallis, Agraharas and so on. Honestly and sadly, I feel guilty of going on these roads. They are not meant to handle commuting traffic. Ideally meant for the residents living around. I had not even seen this region around bellandur lake which now I see. After passing through these areas, there is a relief when I enter the roads of BTM, JP Nagar and so. Though these areas are also burdened with traffic, it is somehow manageable.

Not sure how the situation will be a few months from now, forget years. Digging is endless, and sense keeps diminshing.

Last edited by audioholic : 22nd June 2016 at 16:54.
audioholic is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd June 2016, 18:09   #11829
BHPian

Quote:
Well that is all fine with morons but as a gesture you can too flash your hazard lights to say them "hello buddy this is B2B traffic i guess you need more attention to understand it"
Old 22nd June 2016, 18:34   #11830
Distinguished - BHPian

from Bommasandra DMART till the BETL entrance...1 hour and still counting.
Some Useless high profile politico must be coming this way. Guessed it by many civil policmen guarding the entire stretch.
hemanth.anand is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd June 2016, 21:00   #11831
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
Nothing special about the condition of the road. Pretty much the same as other roads in this area. If it rains heavily then I am not sure if it will be tractable. I drive a WagonR and no issues with potholes. No need of mentioning about my SX4. After Sakra Hospital, one can join the ORR but this is a huge downer in terms of planning since I have to go all the way to the entrance of the tech parks, where security will block traffic and prioritize exiting traffic. After this, we have to take a roundabout and join the centre service road. Here, traffic is stuck because a cab is trying to nudge between the divider taking a U turn.
I tried to take this road in the morning and it is blocked from the Bellandur Lake/ Mosque end. Only two wheelers can go through now.
Old 22nd June 2016, 23:23   #11832
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemanth.anand View Post
from Bommasandra DMART till the BETL entrance...1 hour and still counting.
The CM was to make some visit to Jigani or Anekal from what I heard. Seems this would be the time for him to return to the city.
Old 22nd June 2016, 23:41   #11833
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
Last month, on one of the rainy days, I started on that road from Sakara but few vehicles coming from that side said that the road was closed and I decided to turn back.
Back in November, I took that road on one of the "unseasonal rains" days and ended up damaging my car's splash shield. It got closed soon after. I didn't think it had reopened now.
Old 23rd June 2016, 08:33   #11834
Senior - BHPian

Our BTP folks released this yesterday and honestly a good move.

Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-13529251_1227869723897669_2587402389686369019_n.jpg

Leads me to wonder what is Point 6 all about ? How does riding in a group become a violation ?
rjstyles69 is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 23rd June 2016, 09:02   #11835
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjstyles69 View Post
Leads me to wonder what is Point 6 all about ? How does riding in a group become a violation ?

While number 6 is quite stupid, the 'etc' at the end of point 5 leaves it open to whims and fancies of the cops.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks