Team-BHP > Street Experiences

Search this Thread
Old 27th June 2016, 20:16   #11896
BHPian

Re: Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD1 View Post
This picture of the bus gives a full picture! Still scratching my head on the angle and how the driver would have navigated in between the 2 trees!!
This is beyond ridiculous! Is that an accident or on purpose? Does not look like an accident. If this was on purpose then the driver should be fired. Just goes on to show how bad as a society we have become perhaps? No fear of law? I mean the way BMTC and KSRTC buses behave on the road, I dread being even close to them.
Old 27th June 2016, 20:26   #11897
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by pratyush6 View Post
This is beyond ridiculous! Is that an accident or on purpose? Does not look like an accident. If this was on purpose then the driver should be fired. Just goes on to show how bad as a society we have become perhaps? No fear of law? I mean the way BMTC and KSRTC buses behave on the road, I dread being even close to them.
Today while driving back home, I was behind a monster truck which was on empty load. The guy was driving reasonably fast, but still was blocking the road fully. When he slowed down, I was behind him. I honked twice to check which way he wanted to move.

As a response I was stunned at the rate at which he accelerated. More than surprise it was a shock and slight dread at the shear thought of what if he hits some one. Seriously its way more saner a thought to stay as far away as possible from these guys.

Last edited by ampere : 28th June 2016 at 00:04. Reason: Fixed typo
Old 27th June 2016, 20:28   #11898
BHPian

Took more than an hour to reach Hosa road signal from Infosys gate 6 @ 5:30 PM. Just under 3 KMs
Old 27th June 2016, 21:37   #11899
Senior - BHPian

Looks like on Old Madras Road from NGEF they have got the signal lights all synchronised. Regular users could perhaps know if it has brought a difference.
Old 27th June 2016, 23:30   #11900
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pratyush6 View Post
I mean the way BMTC and KSRTC buses behave on the road, I dread being even close to them.
I certainly agree that BMTC and KSRTC buses create lot of nuisances on roads but they are not alone. Sometimes even highly educated people are also involved. Here is a news:
Techie arrested for firing in the air to intimidate bus driver

Quote:
In a case of road rage, the driver of a Karnataka State Road Transport Corporation (KSRTC) bus went through harrowing moments on Sunday morning when a Bengaluru-based techie threatened him with a gun, on Bengaluru-Mysuru highway.

The software engineer, who was incensed at not being allowed to overtake, got into an argument with the bus driver at Bidadi, after which he pulled out the gun and fired in the air.
Old 27th June 2016, 23:43   #11901
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
As a response I was stunned at the rate at which he accelerated. More that surprise it a shock and slight dread at the shear thought of what if he hits some one. Seriously its way more saner a thought to stay as far away as possible from these guys.
Trucks are torque monsters. A minimum of 500Nm put down on the road through their wide 4 tyres. And equally monstrous braking force. These give the driver a feeling of invincibility when the truck has no load. Some rookie drivers let the cleaners drive them when unloaded, compounding the situation.
Old 28th June 2016, 00:04   #11902
BHPian

Today seemed to be a lucky day for me in terms of routes. Took me an hour and ten minutes to get from Jakkur to Bannerghatta road (near IIM-B) after leaving at 810am.

And coming back from Bannerghatta road to Jayanagar was 15 minutes, and Jayanagar back to Jakkur was 50 minutes. At 8pm~!
Old 28th June 2016, 00:22   #11903
JD1
BHPian

As per this news report, it was a brake failure!! The bus was travelling towards KR Puram-

http://www.thehindu.com/news/cities/...cle8779030.ece
Old 28th June 2016, 12:24   #11904
BHPian

It is 12:15 PM and a google maps shows solid red from mantri sarovar (HSR layout) to ecospace (distance of 5 kms). What is happening? There does not seem to be any down time for traffic on this route.
Old 28th June 2016, 13:01   #11905
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by etrast75 View Post
It is 12:15 PM and a google maps shows solid red from mantri sarovar (HSR layout) to ecospace (distance of 5 kms). What is happening? There does not seem to be any down time for traffic on this route.
Its because of the vehicles taking the exit on middle lanes at Ecospace. Is there something dug up along with what they have done on the sides >

They should have built a sky way for vehicles instead of sky walk for pedestrians. I spent an hour from HSR to Ecospace :(
Old 28th June 2016, 16:55   #11906
Team-BHP Support

Amusing observation. Combining my last THREE one-way commutes since yesterday morning (Home > Office > Home > Office), I've already spent the equivalent of ONE full working day sitting in a cab in traffic.

Mind-numbing waste of productive time and sanity.

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 28th June 2016 at 16:56.
Chetan_Rao is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th June 2016, 18:29   #11907
BHPian

Traffic jam in Doddanekundi to airport road....stuck for 20 mins. ....any idea why ???
Old 29th June 2016, 06:47   #11908
Senior - BHPian

Folks: TRAFFIC ALERT

A swift zoom car has crashed on to the road divider opposite CITRUS building . The road divider is quite high. The front left portion of the car has been ripped off.

Bang in front of Ecospace a lorry is stuck in the slush. So users BEWARE.
Old 29th June 2016, 07:37   #11909
BHPian

Everyday from the Past 3 years I used to leave white field at 3:30 PM and head back home at Gottigere, Bannerghatta Road. Initially it used to take me 1 hour to reach home and then it became 1.5 hours.

Now from the past 2 months, its consistently taking me 2 hours to reach home from Whitefield to Gottigere.

This is the max I can do and nothing more than this. Ecospace has become the new villain and taking away 1 hour of my life every day. I am reaching home tired, frustrated, exhausted and angry. I now have no hopes that things will improve.

Regards
chandrda is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th June 2016, 07:54   #11910
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suresh_gs View Post
Folks: TRAFFIC ALERT

A swift zoom car has crashed on to the road divider opposite CITRUS building . The road divider is quite high. The front left portion of the car has been ripped off.

Bang in front of Ecospace a lorry is stuck in the slush. So users BEWARE.
Passed the spot at 7:30am. The Swift was there. Just to clarify, this is in the Bellandur stretch of ORR, close to the Genpact building, in the carriageway headed towards Ecospace. Jam had reached the Sarjapur Road signal.

Most Viewed