Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th June 2016, 08:30   #11911
BHPian

Re: Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiloAlpha View Post
Passed the spot at 7:30am. The Swift was there. Just to clarify, this is in the Bellandur stretch of ORR, close to the Genpact building, in the carriageway headed towards Ecospace. Jam had reached the Sarjapur Road signal.
I followed google's advice and got out of this jam quickly. I came out of 27th Main HSR layout at 730 AM, made a right turn at Agara and kept right at Iblur junction and took the left opposite Springfields apartment and took right at Bellandur junction. I hear from my colleagues that I managed to save a lot of time and pain. Google Zindabad!

Name:  route.PNG
Views: 1165
Size:  108.5 KB

Last edited by chakri400 : 29th June 2016 at 08:39.
chakri400 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th June 2016, 09:17   #11912
BHPian

8:30am Container truck stuck under KR Puram bridge towards Marathahalli/Whitefield (bang in front of the railway station; rightmost lane).
Old 29th June 2016, 09:29   #11913
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chandrda View Post
Now from the past 2 months, its consistently taking me 2 hours to reach home from Whitefield to Gottigere.
Is there any section on this journey where you are actually moving at a steady pace? I will be surprised if you are. I thought my journey from Cox Town was Whitefield was bad.

Gottigere to Whitefield can't be less than 30km. Two hours is a bit much mayte to be spending on the road. You really need to consider relocating to Whitefield or some place closer to your work spot.
Old 29th June 2016, 09:50   #11914
BHPian

Light at the end of the tunnel, or should we say light everywhere!

Quote:
Change in Phase 2 to give Metro link to Outer Ring Road. The changes are intended to accommodate the proposed 18-km new line between KR Puram and Silk Board, which was not earlier part of Phase 2 or Phase 3. A senior BMRCL official confirmed the new development.
http://www.deccanherald.com/content/...ive-metro.html
LoneRidder is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th June 2016, 09:53   #11915
Distinguished - BHPian

Avoid Hebbal! City-bound traffic snarled almost till Jakkur on the elevated section. As of 10:00 (now)
Attached Thumbnails
Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-screenshot_20160629095039.png  

Old 29th June 2016, 09:58   #11916
BHPian

Left my house at JP Nagar at 7.15 am. Reached ecospace at 9.15am! I was expecting to reach earlier, as I encountered fewer motorcycles and autos, due to the drizzle. I guess the swift and the lorry mentioned a few posts back have been towed away, as I did not see them.

The worse is that, we were crawling throughout, which means a constant use of clutch-brake, actually felt pain in my left knee today!

Last edited by ajayclicks : 29th June 2016 at 10:09.
Old 29th June 2016, 10:03   #11917
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
Avoid Hebbal! City-bound traffic snarled almost till Jakkur on the elevated section. As of 10:00 (now)
I always keep checking Hebbal flyover area regularly after 0830 from work and when I saw it a while before, instead of the usual Dark Red/Maroon that is normally till Columbia Asia Service Road, today it was past Kodigehalli Jn and almost near Sahakarnagar Main Road.

So google says for 2.3 Kms from that Jam till end of Hebbal Flyover its 34 minutes. Else 3 minutes in usual traffic and suggests walking at an average of 7 minutes per Kilometer will be faster.

Thankfully, I take less than 2 minutes to cross this at 0630 now.
Old 29th June 2016, 10:08   #11918
Senior - BHPian

Combine the travel time with one hour of lunch time, you have spent the working hours of a French national (7 hours)

Loss of productivity should be humongous. Just imaging if I can travel 22 kms (that I do one way everyday) in max of 1 hour. It gives me so much flexibility and clear mind to work that it improves professional and private life by leaps. Worked from home for the whole of last week and for past 2 days had a harrowing time from HSR to Ecospace stretch. Thanks to my company where you on your own and doesnt matter where you work from.

Absence of cribbing from company managements is very surprising since employees adjust themselves. And we will adjust forever.....

Last edited by srishiva : 29th June 2016 at 10:10.
Old 29th June 2016, 10:35   #11919
BHPian

Any idea on tin factory to psn stretch. Crawling from nagwara for the last 45 mts and not reached kr puram yet
Old 29th June 2016, 10:43   #11920
BHPian

Since it was raining today I thought to take the metro ride. I must say it was far more beneficial than I thought.

8:45 AM – Started in auto-rickshaw from my Rajajinagar house, reached Magadi road metro station at 8:55 AM
9:00 AM – Boarded the metro train and reached Indiranagar station at 9:20 AM
9:40 AM – Took the office shuttle vehicle and reached Domlur EGL office @10:00 AM

Effortlessly reached office in ~60 minutes time, which usually would take more than 90 minutes in my bike or car, coupled with lot of stress and tension.
At least in monsoon season I am really thinking to commute daily to office in metro.

Regards,
-Badri
Full_Minchingu is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 29th June 2016, 10:53   #11921
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by subraiyr View Post
Any idea on tin factory to psn stretch. Crawling from nagwara for the last 45 mts and not reached kr puram yet
There is a breakdown involving a bus somewhere near the KR puram flyover and this is the reason for the jam.
Old 29th June 2016, 10:54   #11922
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by subraiyr View Post
There was an earlier report (here (Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation)) this morning that a container truck is stuck near KR Puram Railway station, this is possibly causing the backed up traffic all the way up to Nagawara

Last edited by NPV : 29th June 2016 at 10:56.
Old 29th June 2016, 11:26   #11923
Distinguished - BHPian

Hopefully this bails out our future generation from the ORR mess:

Quote:
Change in Phase 2 to give Metro link to Outer Ring Road

In a significant move towards giving Metro link to the Outer Ring Road (ORR), the Bangalore Metro Rail Corporation Ltd (BMRCL) has decided to modify the design of Phase 2 and make KR Puram and Central Silk Board junction interchange stations.

The changes are intended to accommodate the proposed 18-km new line between KR Puram and Silk Board, which was not earlier part of Phase 2 or Phase 3. A senior BMRCL official confirmed the new development.

In Phase 2, KR Puram is part of the extension of the 15.5-km line between Baiyappanahalli and Whitefield. Silk Board is part of the 18.82-km line between RV Road and Bommasandra. Neither was proposed to be an interchange station in the earlier scheme of things.

The BMRCL has proposed to build additional platforms and portals at the two stations. “The commuters would be able to get down at these stations and travel on another line of their choice,” a senior official said.

That means, people can get down at Silk Board and travel on the RV Road-Bommasandra line. Similarly, they can alight at KR Puram and travel up to Whitefield or Kengeri.

The Karnataka government had announced the new line at Invest Karnataka this year following demand from local elected representatives and corporate firms. The new line is expected to help IT professionals working in technology parks on the Outer Ring Road. The BMRCL recently floated a tender for topographic, land and property survey for the new line.

Estimated to cost Rs 3,600 crore, the line will have all elevated stations passing through traffic-prone areas such as HSR layout, Sarjapur Road, Bellandur, Kadubeesanahalli and Marathahalli.

R K Mishra, a member of Bengaluru Vision group, who is pushing the project at the government level, expressed confidence that the new line on the ORR would be a reality. “It is possible to complete the work quickly as this particular line does not involve land acquisition. It does not have to follow the schedule of Phase 2 either, except the completion of two connecting stations,” he told Deccan Herald.

The BMRCL will, however, have to provide enough space and infrastructure for Metro trains moving towards KR Puram from Silk Board and vice versa to cross through at the intersecting stations during the construction period.

Source: Deccan Herald
paragsachania is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 29th June 2016, 11:42   #11924
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
Similarly, they can alight at KR Puram and travel up to Whitefield or Kengeri.
As per the old plan, the now existing line from Mysore Road(Nayandahalli) to Byappanahalli was to be extended to Whitefield on the eastern side and Kengeri on the western side to make it Kengeri-Whitefield and hence KR Puram would be a station between Byappanahalli-Whitefield on this line and would allow someone boarding at KR Puram to either take the train to Whitefield or to Kengeri.
Wondering how the new plan now makes KR Puram an interchange ? (the only line at KR Puram would be the East-West line, so what other line will intersect here, unless they plan to connect Silk Board to KR Puram ?)

EDIT:Yes, the plan is to connect Silk Board to KR Puram via ORR.
Quote:
The BMRCL will, however, have to provide enough space and infrastructure for Metro trains moving towards KR Puram from Silk Board and vice versa to cross through at the intersecting stations during the construction period.

Last edited by NPV : 29th June 2016 at 11:50.
NPV is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th June 2016, 12:03   #11925
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
Hopefully this bails out our future generation from the ORR mess:

Source: Deccan Herald
Much needed, should have started on this 5 years back along with all the flyovers and under passes built along the route.

But whenever this project begins, the next 2-5 years will be a mess to commute on ORR.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks