Team-BHP > Street Experiences

Search this Thread
Old 1st July 2016, 16:46   #11986
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation

Quote:
Originally Posted by pramodpk View Post
I have a team outing at Discovery Village, near Nandi hils on July 5th.
Google maps shows this as the default route.

https://goo.gl/maps/UyhamsrVXYU2

Any update on the latest condition?

Thanks in advance.
I went to discovery village on 18th of June with colleagues. Quite a nice place and nice people - Just that the food is average. The location is also very nice with a hilly terrain. In the morning I took a turn left at Nandi cross itself and went to the entrance of Nandi hills before reaching the resort. However, while coming back I took the route shown by you and reached the highway farther away. Roads are good throughout both ways.

If you take the suggested route for the onward journey, then be careful about exiting the highway and follow google maps as a reference. Else you will miss the exit to the service road and will have to go further ahead for some distance.

If you have people in your team who are not using google maps, then the route via Nandi cross is best, though it will take more time because of road humps and traffic. This cross cant be missed and hence no confusion will be there in case you have to guide someone. On the return journey its better to avoid Nandi hills road since it will be crowded and this will save time. Drivers delight if you want to stretch your cars wings.

Last edited by audioholic : 1st July 2016 at 16:48.
audioholic is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st July 2016, 17:11   #11987
BHPian

Bus breakdown on intel flyover while travelling towards ecospace. 30min congestion says Google
Old 2nd July 2016, 18:01   #11988
Senior - BHPian

An alternate view on Namma Metro:

http://www.livemint.com/Politics/icI...c-problem.html

"urban infrastructure experts say the metro is a very large investment to cater to a small fraction of the total population."
Old 3rd July 2016, 17:45   #11989
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
In other news, a new median has been constructed at the junction (below the KR Puram ORR ramp) near Whitefield Honda which blocks vehicles from moving in a straight line between the ORR and the new Railway underpass. I'm not sure what the final plan for this junction is (seems like work in the underpass is almost done now, our daring 2 wheelers have already begun using this though they have to climb a small hill created with the debris and mud excavated for the underpass
I saw this and it is totally ridiculous. Construction of the median and the underpass both. The traffic jam is now going to extend from tin factory till this underpass after which it would clear. On the other side, the traffic would back up till Phoenix and beyond. I don't understand how this underpass was approved. Due to the median contruction, I saw a truck turning left and the stuck at this U-turn. Mindblowing! Mindblowing!!
Old 3rd July 2016, 20:05   #11990
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vin_b View Post
There was absolute chaos on 17th cross bridge Malleshwaram near Orion Mall.
Thanks to this, the Yeshwantpur flyover is always choked irrespective of the time of the day. Hence if you need to get to get onto tumkur road or chord road from mekhri circle/sankey tank, the best route is to go via malleswaram 17th cross.

Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-ypr-mess1.png

It usually takes 10 minutes to go from PN Roa underpass to Metro Cash & Carry gate during my commute back from office but over the last week, it took anywhere between 30-45 minutes for the same stretch. Special mention needs to be made of morons who use the right most lane to get into the left most single lane that leads below the flyover .

Hence your best bet is PN road underpass - 18th cross - 17th cross - Right onto 8th Main and then either take the railway track after St Peters (don't wait if the gates are closed as it might take another 20 minutes for the post train mess to clear. Just take a U and head towards yeshwantpur signal) or go straight to Yeshwantur signal and then take a left onto the flyover. This alternate route takes about 10-20 mintues depending on the time of day & traffic volume at yeshwantpur signal.

Now I need to deal with 3 big bottlenecks as part of my daily commute - Yeshwantpur, KR Puram and Rainbow hospital. From a quick glance at entry/exit points of Bangalore, it looks Indian railways has done a bang up job of creating bottle necks!

Last edited by procrj : 3rd July 2016 at 20:10.
Old 4th July 2016, 10:39   #11991
BHPian

Last week, I had raised a request to Bangalore Traffic police to remove the speed breaker between Iblur and Bellandur flyover in ORR. This speed breaker is causing traffic stop waves as every vehicle has to slow down. Due to this, traffic gets piled up till Iblur signal.
It really surprising today to see the speed breaker removed. Traffic has been smooth (in Bangalore terms) in the morning. Hopefully, when the skywalk gets opened, it should be even smoother at least till Intel junction.

Awesome work by BTP. BTP/BBMP are hearing us.
sbala is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 4th July 2016, 11:43   #11992
JD1
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbala View Post
Last week, I had raised a request to Bangalore Traffic police to remove the speed breaker between Iblur and Bellandur flyover in ORR. This speed breaker is causing traffic stop waves as every vehicle has to slow down. Due to this, traffic gets piled up till Iblur signal.
It really surprising today to see the speed breaker removed. Traffic has been smooth (in Bangalore terms) in the morning. Hopefully, when the skywalk gets opened, it should be even smoother at least till Intel junction.

Awesome work by BTP. BTP/BBMP are hearing us.
Oh wow this speed breaker is removed? That's great news for motorists but bad news for pedestrians crossing there. There are few companies in Salarpuria Softzone and so we see pedestrian crossings, but fewer in numbers compared to Ecospace pedestrian crossing. It will make difficult for those pedestrians to now cross the road due to continuous traffic.
Goes back to the basic question of why can't a footbridge be constructed when an IT park (or for that matter any big commercial establishment) is approved!!
JD1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th July 2016, 11:51   #11993
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by binand View Post
An alternate view on Namma Metro:
"urban infrastructure experts say the metro is a very large investment to cater to a small fraction of the total population."
Read it :-
1. The article even though critical about the Metro, does not offer any other real solution as such. It is just rehashing the huge cost of the Metro and the limited coverage it has. The metro with all its limitations have at least brought in some difference on the East-West corridor. More people may be induced to support the public transport system at least.
2. The article also does not clearly say how Metro is blocking the suburban rail network project. Both the projects can be executed in parallel. But if the state government is only focused on the Metro, then it is an issue with the elected representatives of KA.
Old 4th July 2016, 15:03   #11994
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD1 View Post
Oh wow this speed breaker is removed? That's great news for motorists but bad news for pedestrians crossing there. There are few companies in Salarpuria Softzone and so we see pedestrian crossings, but fewer in numbers compared to Ecospace pedestrian crossing. It will make difficult for those pedestrians to now cross the road due to continuous traffic.
Goes back to the basic question of why can't a footbridge be constructed when an IT park (or for that matter any big commercial establishment) is approved!!
There is a guard who manages Pedestrian crossing in that place. Moreover, the speed breaker on the other side has been removed. Thats the reason i raised this request. Like you said, A skywalk should be made mandatory near any IT park.
Old 5th July 2016, 07:35   #11995
Distinguished - BHPian

NECE Road alert
A truck with small jelly stones has suffered a tire burst towards EC from Bhannerghatta road.
The driver was successful in controlling the truck from toppling over but in the effort, the truck has swerved left and right a couple of times and finally rested with the front two wheels on the grass in the median gutter and two wheels on the fast lane.

But, the jelly stones have silled on the ground and its a potential hazard for fast moving vehicles on this stretch and might even slow down the traffic later in the day.
It was 7AM when I saw it-hopefully they clear it soon.
hemanth.anand is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th July 2016, 07:49   #11996
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by pramodpk View Post
I have a team outing at Discovery Village, near Nandi hils on July 5th.
Google maps shows this as the default route.
Hope its not too late. But I would say take regular Nandi Hills road and then turn right at the T-Junction toward Nandi temple.

Route Link
ampere is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th July 2016, 09:05   #11997
BHPian

Re: Pics: Accidents in India

There is a crash in the underpass opposite to TOYOTA showroom on Outer ring road, next to Rama murthy nagar underpass.
If you are commuting towards Manyata from KR Puram side, you are advised to take the service road near TOYOTA and avoid the underpass. A truck crashed into the underpass wall and is almost perpendicular to the road. Looks like its going to take some time before its is cleared.
FORTified is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 5th July 2016, 09:59   #11998
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemanth.anand View Post
NECE Road alert

But, the jelly stones have silled on the ground and its a potential hazard for fast moving vehicles on this stretch and might even slow down the traffic later in the day.
It was 7AM when I saw it-hopefully they clear it soon.
Update at 8.30am - Looks like someone has swept the jelly to the shoulders. The main two lanes were free of debris. However, I noticed that the rear axle of the truck was on the ground. Slow moving traffic around, no one has made any arrangements to tow the truck away yet.

Also, a pickup truck has broken down between Kanakpura and Bannerghatta exits on NICE road, while going towards Bhannerghatta. It's occupying half of the left lane and half of the shoulder, watched a lot of near misses and panic braking around this in the morning.
shreyascashyap is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th July 2016, 15:07   #11999
JD1
BHPian

I believe most of you will have a holiday tomorrow but in case you are travelling on ORR via Agara/HSR tomorrow evening, then you might face mild traffic due to Rath Yatra. The Yatra starts at 4 pm and will be around Agara.
JD1 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 5th July 2016, 20:57   #12000
BHPian

Some data on driving conditions on Outer Ring road (from KR Puram - Yeswantpur side).

Hoodi to HMT Jalahalli - Start time a little after 8pm. Took the devasandra main road and hanging bridge to tin factory. ORR after that.

Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-screenshot_20160704220106.png

HMT Jalahalli to HP STSD, whitefield road - Start time: around 8:45am

Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-screenshot_20160705093950.png

Not a whole lot of data but just goes to show the better driving conditions on ORR towards Hebbal.

Most Viewed