Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th July 2016, 11:12   #12091
Senior - BHPian

Re: Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation

Quote:
Originally Posted by binand
That way indiarailinfo.com is a lot more functional (though I don't particularly care about their UI). You can select a station and get a list of trains stopping there as well the ones that simply pass through.
Thanks. Perhaps I should check that to see the load at SBC during the morning hours. And yes, I did not even venture in to getting data for railway track combinations. To get the accurate data, we need to see the inflow of trains from SBC from two sides - Yelahanka and Whitefield. Then we also need to check the inflow from Hosur side. Bayyappanahalli would be the "Eco Space/ORR Jn." when it comes to the Railways .

Quote:
Indian Railways has a push-pull train concept where the locomotive is in the middle of the rake and driver's cabins are provided at both ends - then these trains can change direction of travel without having to go through loco reversals.
The DEMUs and MEMUs which was mentioned are actually modified versions of the push-pull trains . Diesel-Electric Multiple Unit, and Mainline Electrical Multiple Unit. Because Hosur line is not electrified, MEMUs cannot be used here. So even the reversal problem is not that great. Yes, there could be minor delays when the DEMU from HSRA side lands up at BYPL. But any way there would be some delay, as trains from KJM would have to wait for this train movement to happen. Perhaps this could be achieved by tweaking the "working time tables" a bit. What I feel is lacking is the political will to do all this. Bangalore is now like a big elephant which keeps moving because of its body weight.
Old 16th July 2016, 11:12   #12092
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Last night we were on our way back from a wedding reception and got stuck in a sudden "flash mob" kind of traffic jam between BDA complex and 100 feet road junction, complete standstill for 20 minutes. A friend who was traveling with us got down, walked ahead to find out the cause of the jam. Turned out to be a truck that had broken down and engine refusing to start. My friend and some other good samaritans helped start the truck by using wooden logs from another truck (that was just behind the one broken down) to push the broken fella forward.

Hats off to these guys, the truck roared back to life and moved forward, would have been an interesting video to watch (if we had one) to see what exactly these guys did
Old 16th July 2016, 21:51   #12093
BHPian

Happened to watch this video in Facebook.

Reposting it here:

Quote:
the KTM fella kept irritating him cutting of lanes and being a jerk !!! He got caught up with the wrong beast !!!! the ZX10r smoked him !!!! ��������

Respect all bikes and riders !!! Every bike is unique in its own way !!!! A calm RC 390 fella saw it all !!!

Ride safe to live another day
‪#‎200ccvs200bhp‬
Video:

Regards,
-Badri

Last edited by Full_Minchingu : 16th July 2016 at 21:54.
Old 17th July 2016, 09:01   #12094
BHPian

While going home yesterday midnight experienced a long jam near Iblur on ORR. The clever folks hitting the service road were being checked by cops. The poor ones like me who took the main road were stuck in crawling traffic for more than 15 mins. No reason apparently no breakdown nothing of consequence. Cops completely oblivious to the line built up continued to interrogate passing motorists....irritating
Old 17th July 2016, 09:17   #12095
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambivalent_98 View Post
a long jam near Iblur on ORR. [...] Cops completely oblivious to the line built up continued to interrogate passing motorists....
That must be DUI checks. Perhaps the only task I think the BTP does right.
binand is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th July 2016, 12:04   #12096
BHPian

There was an accident today morning at 845am on ORR just opposite to Embassy tech village. I think it was a lodgy with its roof smashed, yellow board vehicle. Lot of people and construction labourers were trying to help, so couldnt see how the accident happened. Any information about this?
Old 17th July 2016, 12:20   #12097
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiran_cr View Post
There was an accident today morning at 845am on ORR just opposite to Embassy tech village. I think it was a lodgy with its roof smashed, yellow board vehicle. Lot of people and construction labourers were trying to help, so couldnt see how the accident happened. Any information about this?
This morning around 9:30am I passed by this place. After moving in free flowing traffic from KR Puram side and even near the Marathahalli underpass, we encountered standstill traffic near the Embassy Tech Park and turned out to be the spot where the Lodge was parked...smashed and I could see airbags had deployed. There were lots of people milling around with couple of Cops and a steel barricade which caused the traffic pile up. No idea when the accident happened, hope the occupants survived that.

Last edited by NPV : 17th July 2016 at 12:23.
Old 18th July 2016, 19:10   #12098
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
Where is K J George in all this? Isn't he supposed to look after infra?
So the OT but breaking news is that George has quit.

http://www.ndtv.com/karnataka-news/k...harges-1432864
Old 18th July 2016, 21:18   #12099
Senior - BHPian

Whats up with Ecospace? No rants for past few day. Only change I see is that some stretches of service roads are tarred. Was that the solution required for all the rants?
Old 18th July 2016, 21:53   #12100
Senior - BHPian

My daughter and I got our first taste of Bangalore traffic last Tuesday when I drove from Zaitoon on Old Airport Road to her office in Dell at Whitefield. The onward journey of 13.5 kms took 90 minutes, as compared to similar time taken when she used to travel in a Volvo bus. In comparision, my trip of 14 kms to work at Hyderabad was always between 35 to 45 minutes!

The return journey of 11.5 kms took the same time, though we left at 5 pm. Normally it takes 50 minutes by bus, per my daughter. It looks like something was unusual on that day, because on the following day, both trips took less than an hour.

I believe that they were relaying the leftmost lane near Diamond District last Tuesday, and that is the likely culprit for the gridlock on our return journey.
Old 19th July 2016, 07:19   #12101
BHPian

A biker had rear ended a tractor near the ISRO U Turn towards Marathahalli on the Ring Road. I think the tractor was parked on the extreme left and the driver had gone for tea/coffee to the shop on the service road, the biker might have failed to notice and had rammed it in full speed.

There was some damage to the bike and lot of bike's body works on the road. The biker was not bleeding but looked in severe pain. There were already a lot of people gathered around and I was in the opposite lane, so decided to move on.

Don't think it will cause any traffic jam and hope the biker is alright.

Regards
Old 19th July 2016, 10:12   #12102
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by msdivy View Post
Whats up with Ecospace? No rants for past few day. Only change I see is that some stretches of service roads are tarred. Was that the solution required for all the rants?
It is funny that I was thinking the same thing. Traffic has been relatively smooth on that stretch for the past 10 days or so. I know I am going to awaken some sleeping traffic ghost by saying it aloud. I assume the drain work is complete and works related to the foot over bridge is also complete which has eased the situation a bit.
But, fear not, the next set of circumstances which will cause the same pain is only around the corner.
etrast75 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th July 2016, 15:45   #12103
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by msdivy View Post
Here is my inference.
  • The drain works were completed and the service roads were tarred.
  • As part of this drain work completion and the over bridge work, there are now several open sections to join the main ORR from the Service Road. Which means that traffic coming out of Ecospace is not restricted to the 2 narrow openings that were there earlier and hence this traffic is able to merge more smoothly. This has slightly improved the flow.
  • If they ensure that Volvo buses (mostly several at a time) dont wait at Ecospace for 10-15 minutes blocking 1/1.5 lanes, the situation will improve further.
  • Of course, The overbridge when complete will also help.
Rajeevraj is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 19th July 2016, 19:38   #12104
BHPian

Seen these fliers around HSR today.
Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-imageuploadedbyteambhp1468937325.841082.jpg
bharat4ever is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 19th July 2016, 23:18   #12105
BHPian

Unfortunate incident from today. The police has made the service lanes as one ways but hardly any enforcement of the same. I happened to face the wrath of such a hardened (seemingly) regular offender who had the audacity of getting down from his vehicle and verbally and physically assaulting me. I am sure many of us must have gone through frustrating times on this road however today it escalated to a whole new level. I advice people to be more cautious especially near this stretch.

Location : Kadubisnahalli service lane next to Cessna Business Park gate.

Warning: Video contains strong language.

Couple of things to note,
-There guys are will-ful offenders who know perfectly well that they are breaking the rule.
-Even after repeatedly informing that the entire incident is getting recorded, neither he cares or he fears anyone. In India if we have a VIP number, we are above law.
-This incident doesn't involve en-educated taxi/yellow board driver. These are well dressed, seemingly educated (however uncultured) youth with a D segment sedan. Interestingly, I was given comments on english speaking skills, Looks like I need to share my TOEFL scores with him
-He tried to attempt to take the entire conversation and focus to "How to talk to a lady" tactics to start with. I do not understand how signalling them to go back with my hand (because windows were rolled up) would have potentially upset the lady.Thankfully, the conversation did not go in that direction.

After-math: The guys lives on with his conquest and false ego, and I am here writing this rant, uploading the video and also applying some ointment to my wounds from today.

Did I post a complaint with the police ? No, unfortunately. I was advised against it given the VIP number on the car and previous incidents where migrants similar to me were troubled in similar cases. I would like to know your comments on the same on how to go about this without inviting trouble ? I love peace and harmony in my life by all means but there is a wish to not stay muted to injustice too.

Side Note: Answering a few obvious questions
- Why am I on the right side of the road - This is a one way and the corolla in the picture is coming in the wrong direction. I had to be on the right side of the road to overtake a S-Cross which was parked on the left lane of the road. However, that guy drove off on seeing this altercation.

- Why did I not go back ? - 1) I had the right of way 2) There were cars piled up behind my car.

Last edited by bblost : 20th July 2016 at 00:15. Reason: Added a warning above the video.
Rahul_ is offline   (7) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks