Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st August 2016, 20:07   #12346
BHPian

Re: Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation

Has anyone taken a picture of the Railway Crossing Timings which has been put up at the Chinnappanahalli Railway Crossing?

I tried taking it few times but the traffic behind and the vehicles blocking the board din't make it possible.

It would be handy if its there so that I can plan my route, Alpine Apartment Road or Chinnappanahalli Main Road.

Regards
Old 1st August 2016, 20:59   #12347
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chandrda View Post
Has anyone taken a picture of the Railway Crossing Timings which has been put up at the Chinnappanahalli Railway Crossing?
Okay, this level crossing is between Bayyapanahalli and Carmelaram railway stations. I just queried http://erail.in for all trains between HSRA and BYPL.
Train online between HSRA and BYPL. This may help you with the time tables. Please note that the schedule of carriage goods trains would not be available here. This line does see lots of Goods train movements during the morning hours, after the usual set of passenger trains.
Old 1st August 2016, 21:14   #12348
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
You could create the list yourself by going to indiarailinfo.com, selecting Belandur Road as the station (nearest to Chinnappanahalli gate), and looking at the arrival/departure/pass-through times. Two issues though:

- Wouldn't cover freight trains, shunting operations, locomotive movements etc.
- Wouldn't address delayed trains.

Edit: This list is double the size of sachinpk's, because his doesn't consider trains going the other way - from Baiyappanahalli/Banaswadi to Hosur. :-)

Last edited by binand : 1st August 2016 at 21:21.
binand is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 1st August 2016, 23:14   #12349
JD1
BHPian

Quote:
Here it is from earlier this year (Feb). Source - "Chinnapanahalli Area Development" FB page.

However note that I have been hearing about the many speed breakers that are put on that stretch so that may not only considerably slow you down, but also damage your vehicle (2 or 4 wheeler doesn't matter as people have reported damages to both types) due to unscientific design.
Attached Thumbnails
Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-chinnapanahalli.jpg  

JD1 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2016, 07:02   #12350
Senior - BHPian

Folks

Yesterday morning around 11 AM , my wife went to Vijaya bank layout on the 2 wheeler. She saw BBMP laying mud and big stones to cover the potholes. When other 2 wheeler riders passing by asked the person concerned as to why he is using big size stones to cover the potholes, pat came the reply WHAT IS TO BE DONE THEN??
Dont these BBMP folks realize that by placing big size stones to cover the potholes, will actually trigger accidents . What if the person falls from the vehicle and bangs his/her head on to the stone.
Has BBMP patented this technology of using mud and stones to fill potholes. All it takes is few vehicles going over the potholes to remove the filling leave alone rains.
God truly should save Bangalore
Old 2nd August 2016, 07:12   #12351
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
But isn't this road also quite narrow and it has few cross roads leading to Graphite road and Mahadevapura side as well ?

Somehow, I've never tried this but will do sometime soon, possibly a weekend recce/pilot drive sometime.
The road is narrow, yes. But thankfully no cross roads. Close to the end there is a T junction with left going towards Garudacharpalya which occasionally gets choked due to the vegetable market, and an even narrower right which joins the road behind Brigade Metropolis and onwards to merge with Graphite Road which is one way towards ABB again on Whitefield Main Road. Traffic usually is slow but steady except when there is any choke and then the antics start as usual with some commuters trying to act "smarter" than others. Otherwise a usable alternative that I often take.
Old 2nd August 2016, 07:15   #12352
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suresh_gs View Post
Folks

Yesterday morning around 11 AM , my wife went to Vijaya bank layout on the 2 wheeler. She saw BBMP laying mud and big stones to cover the potholes. When other 2 wheeler riders passing by asked the person concerned as to why he is using big size stones to cover the potholes, pat came the reply WHAT IS TO BE DONE THEN??
Dont these BBMP folks realize that by placing big size stones to cover the potholes, will actually trigger accidents . What if the person falls from the vehicle and bangs his/her head on to the stone.
Has BBMP patented this technology of using mud and stones to fill potholes. All it takes is few vehicles going over the potholes to remove the filling leave alone rains.
God truly should save Bangalore
God save Bangalore from BBMP. On the other hand, in the months of March/April almost all roads in Sarjapur Road was relaid - the jail road, Sarjapur Road junction and even the inner roads. Now with the recent rains, there are big potholes already !!
Old 2nd August 2016, 09:25   #12353
Distinguished - BHPian

So the ecospace pedestrian over bridge is finally open. The traffic wardens have stopped holding traffic for people to cross and there was a traffic cop directing people who seemed to be waiting towards the overbridge.

Interesting observation while I was waiting there for a bus: Majority of the folks happily headed for the overbridge. Surprisingly many folks needed an additional prod to Go towards the overbridge. Seemed to have an expression, ' can't you just stop the traffic'. And there was one guy who refused to take the over bridge stating that he wanted to go towards Intel side. The cop said do what you want and walked away. And this guy, after waiting for 10 min , lost patience and dashed across and almost got hit twice.

Apparently he felt that wasting 10 min and risking his life was better than walking maybe 20-30 mtrs extra.

And while I was still shaking my head in disbelief, 2 ladies do the same thing from the other side.
Rajeevraj is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2016, 09:32   #12354
Senior - BHPian

The ecospace footbridge is open , but it doesn't appear to be doing any good to the traffic. I see from google maps that the traffic from Silk board has piled up till Agara flyover as before.
Old 2nd August 2016, 09:37   #12355
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajeevraj View Post
Apparently he felt that wasting 10 min and risking his life was better than walking maybe 20-30 mtrs extra.

And while I was still shaking my head in disbelief, 2 ladies do the same thing from the other side.
There will be people like this. I think of them as the ones who've reached ETC End of Thinking Capacity!
I think even if 80% of pedestrians use the over bridge it will be successful, at least chance for accidents will come down.

Last edited by NPV : 2nd August 2016 at 09:38.
NPV is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2016, 10:28   #12356
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
There will be people like this. I think of them as the ones who've reached ETC End of Thinking Capacity!
I think even if 80% of pedestrians use the over bridge it will be successful, at least chance for accidents will come down.
Next thing to do is to barricade the median from those people. That will make another 18% more to use the foot over bridge. The rest 2% will still try to cross the road by jumping the barricades
Old 2nd August 2016, 10:44   #12357
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by arjithin View Post
Next thing to do is to barricade the median from those people.
Agree. Good thing is that the barricading has already started. I think they will wait for the elevators to be installed before completely barricading the stretch.
Old 2nd August 2016, 10:51   #12358
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp1975
The ecospace footbridge is open , but it doesn't appear to be doing any good to the traffic. I see from google maps that the traffic from Silk board has piled up till Agara flyover as before.
That could be because of too many vehicles at the ORR-Sarjapur Rd. Junction? My understanding is that large number of vehicles popping out of the Sobha apartments out there is also causing some problems. This has become a junction where vehicles come from all three directions, and also wants to goto three different directions .

Quote:
Originally Posted by sairamboko
On the other hand, in the months of March/April almost all roads in Sarjapur Road was relaid - the jail road, Sarjapur Road junction and even the inner roads. Now with the recent rains, there are big potholes already !!
I am not a civil engineer, but my observation is that these roads become a mess mainly due to the heavy truck traffic. And who are these heavy trucks? Guessed it right, Ready-Mix Concrete trucks, and the tipper trucks. Many of these newly laid roads also see heavy construction activities and these trucks are a real nightmare. The road building companies (be it from BBMP or Bangalore Urban district folks) generally lay the road in such a way that it looks fine and dandy if normal vehicles ply on them. May be they are not strengthening the mud/ground before laying the road.
sachinpk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2016, 11:01   #12359
BHPian

Stagger IT office hours to beat traffic jams: Government

Source: The Times of India, Bangalore
Old 2nd August 2016, 11:45   #12360
JD1
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp1975 View Post
When I checked earlier in the morning, google maps was showing RED between HSR and Ecospace. But when I started around 10:30 from HSR, traffic was moving. The bridge is indeed helping (though there were few people who were still crossing the road). The big 2 challenges were the criss cross between the 2 flyovers for traffic to go under the ecospace flyover (for ecoworld etc) and traffic coming from under Bellandur flyover trying to merge onto ORR. The second challenge was a Volvo breakdown just after Marathahalli underpass in middle lane :(
Inspite of all this, I reached from HSR to ITPL in approx 50 minutes! Route taken -> ORR->ISRO junction u-turn -> Kundalahalli -> Nallurahalli -> Left at Shell bunk towards Borewell road -> Borewell junction -> continue on Nallurahalli road (pass N. lake) -> ITPL back gate.
JD1 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks