Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd August 2016, 12:05   #12361
BHPian

Re: Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp1975 View Post
The ecospace footbridge is open , but it doesn't appear to be doing any good to the traffic. I see from google maps that the traffic from Silk board has piled up till Agara flyover as before.
I am also noticing the same for the last 2 days. (I dont travel through ORR much, so I may be wrong here). The major pileup in the last 2 days started from Agara and ended in Sarjapur junction. Then its a free stretch till Bellandur flyover. So Sarjapur junction is proving to be the culprit here?
Old 2nd August 2016, 12:44   #12362
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arjithin View Post
Next thing to do is to barricade the median from those people.
This has already been done (Silver colored railings) on the ORR near some junctions like Ramamurthy Nagar, Horamavu, etc. Good thing is these places also have new foot over bridges, so now their usage is definitely on the rise
Old 2nd August 2016, 13:37   #12363
Distinguished - BHPian

Few pictures of the Pedestrian Overbridge from Bellandur Forum:

Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-13873156_1149191515152451_4159507232997884656_n.jpg

Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-13882129_1149191491819120_6797866737571495371_n.jpg

Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-13886261_1149191328485803_1983431518596843404_n.jpg

Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-13902616_1149191318485804_6947758554370504795_n.jpg

Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-13920814_1149191391819130_1723702700642662042_n.jpg

Last edited by paragsachania : 2nd August 2016 at 13:38.
paragsachania is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2016, 17:04   #12364
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vysakh View Post
When was the flyover free? All three roads were clogged at 8:30ish
930-10 AM approx. I took the underpass, could see vehicles going up the flyover (usually one could see the crawl!)
Old 2nd August 2016, 17:56   #12365
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
Few pictures of the Pedestrian Overbridge
Looks like the color theme is inspired from those Roller Coasters.

Now they have to get that huge signage removed is it, to land one of those stairways? I think they have completed it in good pace working on it continuously. Heard that there are going to be more of similar sky walks in this stretch of ORR; Prestige Tech Park for sure, and where else any idea?

Last edited by balenoed_ : 2nd August 2016 at 18:04.
Old 2nd August 2016, 22:47   #12366
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by balenoed_ View Post
Heard that there are going to be more of similar sky walks in this stretch of ORR; Prestige Tech Park for sure, and where else any idea?
Doubtful. This one at Ecospace is completely privately funded by some companies which are part of ORRCA (Outer Ring Road Companies Association) and cost approx 5cr. There is no contribution from any of the government/civic agencies.

So in order for Sky-walks to happen at other places in the ORR, something similar should happen where companies affected most come forward and help fund it and I read somewhere that it is doubtful that it will happen again. One privately funded skywalk may be ok, but multiple ones- Doubtful. As these things are ideally the responsibilities of the government agencies.
Old 3rd August 2016, 08:44   #12367
BHPian

There is a massive jam at doddakanelli jn on Sarjapur road. Took me 25 mins to cross the junction. And this is caused by people trying to get thru from all directions. The traffic warden is totally helpless. If you plan to take this route, be prepared.
glenmz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2016, 21:40   #12368
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
Few pictures of the Pedestrian Overbridge from Bellandur Forum:
Excellent news for people who need to cross the road. Now they can do so without fearing their lives. But, like other infrastructure in our country, it seems just 80% complete.
Old 4th August 2016, 09:50   #12369
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

70 minute commute to office this morning, a very different one!
Extremely slow moving started from Tin factory junction and when I reached near the KR Puram Railway station I'd taken about 35 minutes and to top it, the service lane for ITPL road was totally jammed with traffic (don't know the reason). So decided to take the ORR ramp and go via the Mahadevapura road. I was in for a shock as the service road beside the flyover has been blocked with huge rocks, just one 2 wheeler can pass
So, took the flyover again and turned onto Goshala road after Samsung, there was just a little bit of stop and go near Bagmane but Goshala road was free and I quickly reached behind Brigade Metropolis. This was my first time on this road so wasn't sure if I had to turn left or right, decided right and ended up at Graphite road and with the one way was quickly at Hoodi junction. Reached near Zuri pretty fast but then it was crawl from here. Till here it had taken me 55 minutes so in 20 minutes I'd done KR Puram-Zuri which was good given the circumstances. Took another 15 minutes to reach office from Zuri.

In other news:
-At Tin Factory junction near Pai Layout, the left most lane from the Benniganahalli side towards the junction (just beside the ORR down ramp) has been dug up quite deep. When I saw the excavator on Tuesday I thought maybe the down ramp is being widened(!), but seeing the state of the work today I'm guessing it is the after effect of the flooding last week, so I'm guessing it is some drain related work to allow free flow of rain water there.

-The Old madras road stretch from Pai Layout junction and the service lane leading up to the KR Puram Railway station is now showing it's true colours (and textures ) with the top surface having come off after the recent rains. This stretch was patched up not too long ago!

Last edited by NPV : 4th August 2016 at 09:53.
Old 4th August 2016, 14:01   #12370
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
the service lane for ITPL road was totally jammed with traffic (don't know the reason).
I was curious to know if they have opened the railway underpass in front of Whitefield Honda ? The reported jam could be attributed to the same. . In Bangalore, jam is a function which has a harmonic nature. The BBMP keeps on adding various excitations to shift the location of maximum amplitude.
Old 4th August 2016, 15:17   #12371
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adi_gt View Post
I was curious to know if they have opened the railway underpass in front of Whitefield Honda ?
The railway underpass is open since few days and does contribute to the traffic mess with the ORR traffic approaching the underpass at the junction (below the ORR ramp).
However, I just saw that the approach has been blocked with huge concrete pillars. Since cops arrive here around 4pm only, there were a few vehicles going a little bit in front of the blocked section and making a U turn to go towards the underpass.

Last edited by NPV : 4th August 2016 at 15:18.
Old 4th August 2016, 20:06   #12372
BHPian

Couple of updates on the Tin Factory - KR Puram - Mahadevapura radius :
- Vehicles are now prohibited to move on the upramp towards Ramamurthy Nagar, while going towards Hebbal - huge stones placed
- New Underpass opened between old madras road and whitefield road - adding to the chaos since the U turn is at Whitefield Honda or below KR Puram bridge depending on where you want to go
- Huge boulders placed on service road adjecant to Mahadevapura Flyover, towards Silk Board
- Service road blocked as soon as you descend Mahadevapura Flyover, towards KR Puram

All these are adding to different "jam points" , but traffic, just like water is finding path of least resistance and going somewhere else

Hope this information helps the daily warriors of these areas.

raghu
raghuram.cg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th August 2016, 22:27   #12373
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raghuram.cg View Post
Couple of updates on the Tin Factory - KR Puram - Mahadevapura radius :
- Vehicles are now prohibited to move on the upramp towards Ramamurthy Nagar, while going towards Hebbal - huge stones placed
You mean, while coming from Marathahalli side going towards Hebbal? Or coming from SV Road/RMZ infinity side towards Hebbal?
Wonder what they are trying to achieve!
Quote:
- Huge boulders placed on service road adjecant to Mahadevapura Flyover, towards Silk Board
- Service road blocked as soon as you descend Mahadevapura Flyover, towards KR Puram

raghu
Again, wonder what the objective is!
Old 5th August 2016, 10:07   #12374
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raghuram.cg View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjaykk View Post
Again, wonder what the objective is!
This is that one-

Look at this truck parked on that narrow lane. It takes up half of the road. Everyday one or the other one will be parked there. Sometimes more than one. And today there is another milk van parked conveniently on the right side as well.

Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-lorry.jpg

And one fine morning you see this-

Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-img_20160805_083415971.jpg

Has it served any purpose, no one knows. And I do not think so being a daily commuter through this service lane. Who has put this? Will it be the traffic police or civic authorities or some moral police? Can they blatantly dump all these things on to the road and say the road is closed? No regulations and no sign boards.
Old 5th August 2016, 11:22   #12375
BHPian

Yea - really not sure what is going on.Seems like they dont want the 4Wheelers and HCV,LCV to use this lane to go towards Whitefield.Just a hypothesis though. Two wheelers can use it though (as can be seen)

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks