Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th August 2016, 11:52   #12451
BHPian

Re: Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation

Quote:
Originally Posted by nagarjun View Post
This has been the case from long time. You can try to raising a ticket in bbmp.sahaaya.in or send a whatsapp message with these images. Please include ward number and area for sure.
Whatsapp number is 9480685700

I have tried sahaaya and it has worked few times, but majority of the times there is no response.
Thanks.

I logged the issue on BBMP sahaaya and was assigned an official and a docket number. Called the mobile number of the official and was told that apparently there is a cross drainage/culvert which runs across the road at that point and that it has been choked completely. They have apparently taken stock of the situation and would commence desilting soon.

Hope
hothatchaway is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 18th August 2016, 13:22   #12452
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Full_Minchingu View Post
Beware, Bulleters with altered silencers, Bangalore traffic cops have started to catch hold of the violators, moreover the fines now are increased from 300/- Rs. to 1000/- Rs.
Good! So that is the biggest problem and offence that the Bangalore Traffic Cops are dealing at the moment is it?

BTP going to have a fortune, considering the numerous Royal Enfields on the roads these days with everything altered except the engine. Will they fine only the ones exceeding the decibel levels, or anyone who has replaced the stock silencer? Will wait and watch.
Old 18th August 2016, 14:36   #12453
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by balenoed_ View Post
Will they fine only the ones exceeding the decibel levels, or anyone who has replaced the stock silencer? Will wait and watch.
Only if they have a meter to measure sound level(Whatever that may be called). I was stopped twice on my Rx and the constable proceeded to rev my engine to the max and then let me go.
Old 18th August 2016, 14:49   #12454
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roomy View Post
Only if they have a meter to measure sound level(Whatever that may be called). I was stopped twice on my Rx and the constable proceeded to rev my engine to the max and then let me go.
Meters are for wusses, Bangalore cops do it like men!

They check for DUI with their noses up your mouth, they'll probably go by their ear while deciding decibel levels.
Chetan_Rao is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 19th August 2016, 07:15   #12455
BHPian

A Volvo bus has broken down on the BTM Layout road between AXA signal and silkboard. The bus is on the extreme right side and was causing a pile up early morning.

Hope the bus is towed before the peak hour.

Regards
Old 19th August 2016, 09:27   #12456
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chetan_Rao View Post
Meters are for wusses, Bangalore cops do it like men!

They check for DUI with their noses up your mouth, they'll probably go by their ear while deciding decibel levels.
This is not the first time they're making noise. Check this out:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/superb...pollution.html

On one side, they allow registering these very same vehicles, that have passed homologation testing at ARAI and meet the standards set down in the rules; and on the other side, they expect buyers to use these machines as show-pieces.

The overzealous Transport Department was on a pollution checking spree, only to catch outstation vehicles, but turning a blind eye towards the real polluters.

The only factor common here is money.

There was a broken down truck on the left most lane of the up-ramp of the Ecospace flyover, towards Marathahalli. Had passed the area at around 8, and the BMTC buses starting off from the bus stop were seen taking a sharp right to directly get into the middle lane, causing a considerable slowdown
Old 19th August 2016, 13:55   #12457
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by silversteed View Post
This is not the first time they're making noise......

.......The only factor common here is money.......
Those are always the key-phrases in the whole saga, unfortunately.

They've at various times tried to shake down people with 'non-compliant' headlamps, horns, exhausts, you name it, depending on what catches their fancy anytime when 'collections' are running low.

I do the only thing I can do. Avoid breaking known laws (not ones made up for their convenience), but if caught and harassed anyway, politely ask for a formal challan to be issued and offer to contest it in court.

It's amusing how most of them chicken out at the mere mention of a citizen wanting to assert his legal right to challenge an unjustified/unsubstantiated violation in a court of law.

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 19th August 2016 at 13:57.
Old 19th August 2016, 19:04   #12458
Senior - BHPian

Have seen BTP doing lot of traffic violation checks across the city this week. Have noticed them on ORR after the HSR signal, in Jayanagar, on jail road connecting Sarjapur to Electronic City, on hosur main road and inside electronic city also.

Today I was caught for overspeeding on hosur road (was going on 65 . speed limit is 60). But was surprised by the way policemen treated me. [Might be they were happy with the collection. ] They asked my license and then explained about my mistake (once by the constable and once by the SI) and after paying the fine I was thanked by the SI. Infact he was talking to all other people who were caught in the same way. I was surprised and given the situation I was in, felt happy with his behaviour!
TorqueyTechie is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 19th August 2016, 19:44   #12459
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorqueyTechie View Post
Have seen BTP doing lot of traffic violation checks across the city this week. Have noticed them on ORR after the HSR signal, in Jayanagar, on jail road connecting Sarjapur to Electronic City, on hosur main road and inside electronic city also.

Today I was caught for overspeeding on hosur road (was going on 65 . speed limit is 60). But was surprised by the way policemen treated me. [Might be they were happy with the collection. ] They asked my license and then explained about my mistake (once by the constable and once by the SI) and after paying the fine I was thanked by the SI. Infact he was talking to all other people who were caught in the same way. I was surprised and given the situation I was in, felt happy with his behaviour!
It's good that they're catching people for speeding again. I always see these guys trying to race me when I'm cruising along. Sadly I haven't seen any cops at the usual times on my ORR route from Tin Factory over to Lumbini Gardens or even Hebbal.
Old 20th August 2016, 14:42   #12460
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorqueyTechie View Post
Today I was caught for overspeeding on hosur road (was going on 65 . speed limit is 60). But was surprised by the way policemen treated me
. From my past experiences (mainly in KL and KA), I can say that 99% of the times the police men behave in a nice manner, provided we also treat them in a nice manner. Give them the due/rightful respect for a police officer (I am not saying we should cringe before them), the treatment from their side also improves.

I landed back in Bangalore yesterday late night. On my way back home I could see Traffic Police active on Cubbon Road (near the Army Signals unit) and at Adugodi (a few meters away from the Adugodi Traffic PS). They were focusing on "DD Cases", and at Adugodi they seem to have rounded up quite a number of people. One chap was seen arguing with the Traffic SI.

Have been caught thrice for speeding (one in KA, twice in KL) and in all the three cases the police party actually showed me the video and still photo evidence. Both the parties behaved in the right respectful manner, and it was all fine (off course my purse did get empty, as I had to pay the fine).

I do have a fair share of traffic rule violations, and only remember two incidents in which the police man behaved in a rude manner.
1. There was this HC who flagged my two wheeler and asked to be dropped near the Prestige Meridian building. I drop him there, and instead of saying a "Thank you" he asks for my Vehicle Tax receipt (it was a KL Regn. scooter). He says that a Traffic SI is there at the next junction. By then I had already paid my taxes to Karnataka RTO and had a receipt with me. I said, if an SI is there I would prefer talking to him than a HC (who really do not have much enforcement powers).
2. In KL, I had been charged Rs.100 for not wearing the seat belt (when I was actually wearing it) by the Vadakkekkad Police SI in Thrissur Dt. An ASI (the rogue chap) was actually catching people, and he was dictating the offence (and MV Sections) to the SI, who was very young and most likely a probationer. It was the ASI words against mine, and the SI naturally went with what the ASI said.
sachinpk is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st August 2016, 07:13   #12461
BHPian

Yesterday, in elevated expressway, there was a huge traffic jam in the evening. I am not sure what happened as I couldn't find any skid marks, but a huge crowd was looking down to the road below from the elevated expressway. Someone was saying a biker went down :( . If so its the second incident this month. Any idea regarding what exactly happened? Elevated expressway has become a very dangerous place especially for two wheelers.
Old 21st August 2016, 07:39   #12462
Distinguished - BHPian

Yesterday I witnessed the most severe DUI checking in my lifetime. They had blocked the whole road in front of Mallya Hospital and there were around 15 cops checking each and every vehicle and letting them pass which led to crawling traffic all the way till Kasturba Road. Usually I have never been subjected to Alcometer and they used to let me go seeing the face but yesterday they made me blow twice
Old 21st August 2016, 10:17   #12463
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by petrol_power View Post
Yesterday, in elevated expressway, there was a huge traffic jam in the evening. I am not sure what happened as I couldn't find any skid marks, but a huge crowd was looking down to the road below from the elevated expressway. Someone was saying a biker went down :( . If so its the second incident this month. Any idea regarding what exactly happened? Elevated expressway has become a very dangerous place especially for two wheelers.
Nothing in the papers.

Knowing how the public is, I won't be surprised that one chap stopped and was sightseeing when a crowd would have gathered thinking something happened. Sometimes it's like a cartoon observing public behavior.
tharian is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st August 2016, 11:16   #12464
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
Yesterday I witnessed the most severe DUI checking in my lifetime. They had blocked the whole road in front of Mallya Hospital and there were around 15 cops checking each and every vehicle and letting them pass which led to crawling traffic all the way till Kasturba Road. Usually I have never been subjected to Alcometer and they used to let me go seeing the face but yesterday they made me blow twice
Maybe because your TBHP handle looks like Alchoholic at a glance and some cop must also be on TBHP..

Jokes apart, I have once been subjected to the alco meter thrice in one night. All the way from MG road to Rajbhavan road. I got a bit irritated at the third guy asking me to blow into the alco meter after having done it twice in a space of 5-10 minutes. But he was doing his job. No point blaming them.

Last edited by hrman : 21st August 2016 at 11:18.
hrman is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 24th August 2016, 10:25   #12465
BHPian

A Verna has crashed and climbed onto the median at new horizon engineering college, towards silkboard side. This has caused a sizeable jam not because the car is occupying a lane but because of folks trying to take a glimpse of the scene. Didn't take a pic as I didn't want to contribute to the mess. Traffic on the other lane is also affected(towards Marthhalli)
glenmz is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks