Re: Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation

Quote:
Originally Posted by chandrda View Post
If its today
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjaykk View Post
This was posted on 10:09 PM - 5 Sep 2016. So, I guess it will apply for today
Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-b.jpg

Thats the latest on BTP FB page. Its today for sure.
procrj is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th September 2016, 11:28   #12587
BHPian

I crossed attibele at 9.15 and reached domlur at 10.20. Everything looked normal except, police have been on work at attibele toll gate and stopping all the buses(noticed few private buses parked on the side).

Last edited by smnrock : 6th September 2016 at 11:38. Reason: spelling mistake
Old 6th September 2016, 11:34   #12588
Senior - BHPian

Today morning (around 6:45 AM), I was lucky enough to ride through Hosur & Attibelle safely. I saw Police stopping cars, buses & trucks, thankfully not motorcycles; may be two-wheeler, as they call, are poor man transport

Police were instructing some private buses to literally block the road (park in perpendicular)

Worst thing was many of the private bus passengers were let down at border & there were like 200 of them walking & crossing the state borders

Last edited by aargee : 6th September 2016 at 11:36.
aargee is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th September 2016, 11:36   #12589
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
The Supreme Court has directed Karnataka to release water till the next hearing on September 16th. This was passed on yesterday.
Hmm.. planning for a Kerala Trip (Onam) on Sep 14th ending on Sep 17th or 18th. Will have to keep my ears close to the ground to figure out which route I should be driving along.
Old 6th September 2016, 16:36   #12590
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by balenoed_ View Post
Any one traveled this evening on Mysore road to Bangalore or Mysore? Just checking on the situation in the wake of today's Supreme court order to release Kaveri water to TN.
See this link for more discussions on Mysore/bangalore

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-...ml#post4050295
Old 6th September 2016, 18:56   #12591
Senior - BHPian

People - what is the status of the Hosur/Bangalore road? My mother-in-law has to travel to Hyderabad tonight and has a pickup from Electronic City toll. Orange travels.
Old 7th September 2016, 10:49   #12592
Senior - BHPian

Checked up with a few colleagues who are from KA. The bandh call for 9th Sep, 2016 may be much more strongly enforced than the pathetic "national strike" which happened last week. That is because Kaveri water issue is a really strong sentiment in many districts in Karnataka, especially Bangalore, Mandya etc. Every single political party in the state have to look united here. From what I read today around 200 organisations have also joined the call for bandh/harthaal. This may actually become a state government sponsored bandh (just like how it happened in Kerala, during the "national strike").
sachinpk is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th September 2016, 11:45   #12593
BHPian

one of my colleagues who stays in Hosur and commutes daily, mentioned that yesterday he had a tough time driving his car.

Today he left home quite early around 6am and there were no major issues and he came to BLR. He's wondering what will be situation in the evening!
Old 7th September 2016, 11:52   #12594
BHPian

Need to travel to Dharmapuri and back tomorrow. Going out of Bangalore will be at around 6 AM and should not be a problem but coming back will be. Mine is a KA registered car but we are from Tamilnadu. Any suggestions as to what I should do?
Old 7th September 2016, 11:52   #12595
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by haria View Post
one of my colleagues who stays in Hosur and commutes daily, mentioned that yesterday he had a tough time driving his car.

Today he left home quite early around 6am and there were no major issues and he came to BLR. He's wondering what will be situation in the evening!
Yes, and especially if you have a TN registered vehicle, better keep it safe and sound in the garage. Else some people could take advantage of the tense situation and enjoy some sadistic pleasure.
Old 7th September 2016, 12:12   #12596
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by haria View Post

Can you please update on this further once you hear from your colleague.

We are heading to Hosur on Friday in two cars. Planning to leave by 8 PM or so in the night from Bangalore and reach Hosur. From Hosur we have a TT (TN registered vehicle) travelling to Nelliampathy.

I guess the bundh ends at 6 PM and there should not be any problem going till Hosur.
Old 7th September 2016, 12:38   #12597
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by smnrock View Post
I crossed attibele at 9.15 and reached domlur at 10.20. Everything looked normal except, police have been on work at attibele toll gate and stopping all the buses(noticed few private buses parked on the side).
Have not faced any issues today as well... TN police at border was not allowing TN registered vehicles.
Old 7th September 2016, 12:47   #12598
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KK_HakunaMatata View Post
Can you please update on this further once you hear from your colleague.
According to my colleague, the problem is there mainly only in the KA side of the border. KA vehicles in TN also is not facing major issues, excepting in few pockets. It is TN vehicles which are facing issues. His car is registered in TN, so probably that's why he may not be having issues in TN.

Anyways, if you can avoid taking your cars it might be safer. Have you explored the option of going in train till hosur ? Many trains are there from either Bangalore city or Yeshwantpur on friday, matching with your timings on Friday.
haria is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th September 2016, 08:14   #12599
Senior - BHPian

Rode from Bangalore - Chennai last night, but took WhiteField - Vartur - Sarjapura - Bagalur - Hosur route instead of Silkboard - E.City - Attibelle.

Found there were ZERO, absolute ZERO issues on this road. And the road conditions are good.

IMHO, its not the farmers who're into burning tires, shouting slogans & eating on the road; its all the party workers acting for the main stream media for the entire nation to watch. Agreed, its for a cause, but, its unnecessary drama for vote bank, mostly.

Just my rant...instead of fighting with neighboring states KL & KA + promoting TASMAC, the govt needs to learn how to effectively make use of coast, setup desalination plants to self sustain for in longer terms. Why DTCP approves constructions of apartments over lakes? The same govt that advocated rain water harvesting a decade ago failed to conserve the rain water in Dec 2015, let alone the money spent on premonsoon for cleaning up & deepening the reservoirs!!

Anyway, back to topic, its the TN side police who're not letting out TN vehicles to KA on safety measures, so its OK to have TN registered vehicle & ride OUT OF KA. Just that there's huge jam at Attibele making it difficult. Alternative route is via Bagalur or ride/drive after midnight there will be no issues...as there's no media coverage
aargee is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 8th September 2016, 10:19   #12600
Distinguished - BHPian

I crossed attibele towards bangalore around 8:00am this morning, all vehicles were allowed except TN buses.
arun_josie is online now   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks