Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th September 2016, 17:18   #12676
Senior - BHPian

Re: Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneRidder View Post
So you should be still sticking to your plan? I guess early morning departure from Bangalore should help you....
My plan was to leave on Wednesday morning hours. So I have another 24+ hours to decide . So Plan A would remain the NH7-NH47 route, and Plan B can be the Gundlupet-Sulthan Bathery route. And tomorrow being an official state holiday (Eid), in Karnataka let me also see if there is good improvement in the situation. I still do feel that the government (at KA) would NOT like to see this violence going out of hand.

Last edited by SDP : 12th September 2016 at 23:59. Reason: Edited quoted post
Old 12th September 2016, 17:21   #12677
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbhisheKulkarni View Post
Nowwhat pisses me off every-time I visit is that on this road, there are these electricity towers installed right in the middle of the road! The occupy so much space that if they were demolished at least two lanes could be made available, one on each side of the road. Now what gets me pissed off is this - why the middle of the road!?
There is metro planned on this stretch. Folks responsible for infrastructure development are like rabbits caught in the head lights - they are waiting for metro to pass. Till then they have no idea what to do.

Last edited by msdivy : 12th September 2016 at 17:42.
Old 12th September 2016, 17:22   #12678
Senior - BHPian

Just came back from office : Trinity to HSR via passport office / sony world was absolutely cool. No issues or traffic.

No issues at Jakkasandra either
sridhu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th September 2016, 17:27   #12679
BHPian

Guys - if I plan to return from hyderabad to bangalore is it OK to follow the normal route? My house is near kasavanahalli. For now we are staying put in hyderabad and watching news and updates.
Old 12th September 2016, 17:43   #12680
Senior - BHPian

144 imposed in Bangalore wef 5pm today.
Attached Thumbnails
Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-blr.jpg  

sdp1975 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 12th September 2016, 18:05   #12681
BHPian

Has anyone got information on e-city-->nice road-->Bannergatta road route? I need to take this road to reach home.
Old 12th September 2016, 18:21   #12682
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by girimajiananth View Post
Has anyone got information on e-city-->nice road-->Bannergatta road route? I need to take this road to reach home.
If you are able to enter the nice road from e-city end then I guess it is quite alright at the bannerghatta road end. The trouble is only at the Nice-Mysore Rd. Please take sufficient care and if not in hurry then wait till the sun goes down completely. It would help you more if it rains as predicted.
Old 12th September 2016, 19:02   #12683
Senior - BHPian

I just drove from ITPL to HAL. No issues, peaceful drive. Looks like many office goers returned early, roads were relatively less crowded.
Old 12th September 2016, 19:02   #12684
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

I came back from Koramangala to HSR at 1640 hrs. Peaceful upto to the Madiwala Underpass where I squizzled off left and came through the Sarjapur Road with KIOCL etc. Through Jakkasandra, Agara and home.
No worries on the road except the traffic all over the place.
No untoward chaos anywhere.

Reaching HSR of course I observed that not a single shop was open. All shuttered down.
Old 12th September 2016, 19:04   #12685
Senior - BHPian

More than 40 buses belonging to KPN travels set on fire.
Old 12th September 2016, 19:06   #12686
BHPian

Had tough time reaching hosur today... No KA vehicles are allowed in the border where KA police is stopping and asking to return. Then tried TVS route, even there police is not allowing KA vehicles. Then with the help from local friend from Hosur, took another route and reached home. In Domlur near my work place, people were shouting slogans like, jai karnataka with flags... Immediately after that we felt it's no more safe in sitting at work and left.
Old 12th September 2016, 19:11   #12687
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by girimajiananth View Post
Hope I'm not too late in replying.
I got info from multiple neighbors that E-City to Bannerghatta road via NICE road is pretty safe.

Hope this helps.
landcruiser123 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th September 2016, 19:24   #12688
BHPian

Just drove from Malleswaram to KR puram (thru sankey road, Mekhri circle, ulsoor, Old madras road, tin factory, KRpuram)

Monumental traffic jam from NGEF to bengainhalli bridge. Saw an overturned navy blue omni just after the RMZ. No number plates and no fire, but also found a police bus parked few meters away. Not sure whether it was a regular accident OR some miscreants wreaking havoc.

Found groups of people shouting slogans near, Indiaranagar BDA complex, NGEF and KR puram

Tyres burned in Devasandra road and Basavanapura Main road in KR puram.
Skirted pass the fire as the fire was in the middle of the road.

All shops had downed the shutters in these two roads.

While en route, Most of the petrol bunks were either closed OR being closed with a huge influx of vehicles waiting to enter the bunks

I observed that Metro service was off ; not sure whether they have restarted this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sachinpk View Post
My plan was to leave on Wednesday morning hours. So I have another 24+ hours to decide . So Plan A would remain the NH7-NH47 route, and Plan B can be the Gundlupet-Sulthan Bathery route. And tomorrow being an official state holiday (Eid), in Karnataka let me also see if there is good improvement in the situation. I still do feel that the government (at KA) would NOT like to see this violence going out of hand.
Yeah, be careful while driving out. Even if situation in KA improves, if tensions escalate in TN, then you might get into a spot of trouble.

Advice caution while travelling out of KA to TN (in KA registered vehicle) and while travelling into KA in a TN registered vehicle.

Heard that an innova was torched near Nayandehalli in mysore road.

In our office, colleagues who regularly commute from Hosur - left their vehicles parked in office parking lot, (covering it with a car cover) and left in another KA registered vehicle till athibele. They got down and walked across the border and then took a local bus /auto to their residence

Take care and be safe!

Last edited by haria : 12th September 2016 at 19:34.
Old 12th September 2016, 19:32   #12689
BHPian

According to Firstpost, Google has released a Bangalore Help map indicating areas of unrest, areas to avoid, etc:

https://www.google.com/maps/d/viewer...-cGDoqrzkEuqdQ

EDIT: Moved to a closed map
https://www.google.com/maps/d/viewer...5pLv48RV1NkFY8

Last edited by Aditya : 13th September 2016 at 07:27.
darklord is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 12th September 2016, 19:36   #12690
BHPian

Left office at Graphite at 16:30 and reached JP Nagar by 17:45!! Took the old airport road via Koramangala inner ring road and Silkboard.. Was pleasantly surprised at lack of traffic.. Not sure how the traffic was via usual Outer Ring Road route but google maps showed crimson red all way through.
harishhm74 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks