Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th September 2016, 18:28   #12781
BHPian

Re: Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation

Quote:
Originally Posted by cooljai View Post
With Sec.144 still in force, if they let the Rail Roko happen, that would be yet another failure from the state government.
As far as i know, 144 has been lifted in all the places today late morning. Bangalore is back
Old 14th September 2016, 18:33   #12782
BHPian

is it safe to travel to HOsur- Krishnagiri Salem- Coimbatore in a KA registered car? Has anyone started travelling?
Old 14th September 2016, 18:51   #12783
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bibin View Post
is it safe to travel to HOsur- Krishnagiri Salem- Coimbatore in a KA registered car? Has anyone started travelling?
I would suggest to avoid travelling in KA car for next couple of weeks. You never know when, where and which mob will lose their mind seeing the KA vehicle.
Old 14th September 2016, 18:56   #12784
BHPian

Quote:
Couple of my friends are coming to Bangalore from Kerala via Mysore. They are avoiding the TN route for now as they are using KA registration vehicle. When you are planning to travel? Things might be normal by now. Not any incidents are reported any where.
Old 14th September 2016, 18:57   #12785
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Till the next hearing on Sep 20, it is better for people with KA registered cars to avoid going to TN and people with TN registered cars going to KA.
Old 14th September 2016, 19:00   #12786
BHPian

I was planning for coming Saturday. Have to reach Kottayam in Kerala. Will early morning travel make some difference??say like start by 3AM, so that I can pass Walayar by 7,7.30AM types?

Last edited by Bibin : 14th September 2016 at 19:26. Reason: mistake
Old 14th September 2016, 20:58   #12787
Distinguished - BHPian

Silk board - KR Puram metro to be implemented along with phase 2.

Link
mpksuhas is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 14th September 2016, 21:33   #12788
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpksuhas View Post
Silk board - KR Puram metro to be implemented along with phase 2.

Link
Thanks, Suhas.

Frankly the need of the hour is to get thousands of vehicles off the ORRs of Bangalore starting initially from Silk Board to Hebbal. There is no need immediately to link BIAL/KIAL as the existing ground+elevated sections are enough for 5+ years.

They MUST concentrate on Silk Board to KR Puram and concurrently extend to Hebbal ASAP. Else Ecospace, Prestige Tech Park, Cessna BP, Bagmane, Manyata I & II will simply choke off the ORR with private and commercial vehicles.

I don't think land acquisition and financial viability will be issues. There is plenty of land already acquired along the service roads and medians, plus passengers will probably happily pay a king's ransom to buy a monthly pass and escape the mayhem on the roads!

Last edited by itwasntme : 14th September 2016 at 21:37. Reason: Grammar
itwasntme is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 14th September 2016, 23:57   #12789
Senior - BHPian

Got an information from a colleague who drove from Tamil Nadu to Bengaluru on a KA registered vehicle. TN Police advised them to use stickers to change KA either to KL or TN up to TN-KA border

They changed KA to TN and restored KA while entering Karnataka, reached Bengaluru safely

Last edited by airbus : 15th September 2016 at 00:04. Reason: Updated sentence.
airbus is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th September 2016, 05:43   #12790
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by airbus View Post
Got an information from a colleague who drove from Tamil Nadu to Bengaluru on a KA registered vehicle. TN Police advised them to use stickers to change KA either to KL or TN up to TN-KA border

They changed KA to TN and restored KA while entering Karnataka, reached Bengaluru safely
While I can understand the motivation and the safety aspect, isn't this a straight violation of both the law and the motorists code?
If you falsify the registration on your car and then are involved in say, a hit and run or some kind of accident, then obviously there is no chance of finding the perpetrator on account of the false number plate being used.
This seems to me a bit weird that the cops themselves are advising this kind of thing.
shankar.balan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th September 2016, 06:54   #12791
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
Frankly the need of the hour is to get thousands of vehicles off the ORRs of Bangalore starting initially from Silk Board to Hebbal. There is no need immediately to link BIAL/KIAL as the existing ground+elevated sections are enough for 5+ years.

They MUST concentrate on Silk Board to KR Puram and concurrently extend to Hebbal ASAP. Else Ecospace, Prestige Tech Park, Cessna BP, Bagmane, Manyata I & II will simply choke off the ORR with private and commercial vehicles.

I don't think land acquisition and financial viability will be issues. There is plenty of land already acquired along the service roads and medians, plus passengers will probably happily pay a king's ransom to buy a monthly pass and escape the mayhem on the roads!
They should have the Metro run all the way from Kanakapura Road to KR Puram with feeders to and from JP Nagar, Jayanagar Section and Bannerghatta Road.

If the Silk Board line comes through all the way past HSR and hits the Outer Ring Road, then there ought to be a feeder upto Sarjapur Road / Sarjapur Village as well.

And if the line comes through all the way to KR Puram with frequent stops all along the ORR, then only, will we commuters see some relief from private vans and cars and taxis and autos and buses that ply along these roads.

From the ORR/ KR Puram Station/ Mahadevapura confluence, if they were to take a line all the way to Hebbal and then link that one up to a line coming from MG Road towards Airport, then we will see some peace all along the Old Madras Road/ ORR area through Horamavu, HBR, HRBR and right through Manyata, Nagavara and towards Airport.

They will also have to link Kasthuri Nagar and ITI and Ramamurthy Nagar and Banaswadi too in this way.

Toward airport there will need to be feeder lines connecting with Yelahanka, Yeshwanthpur and Sahara Nagar and all those areas as well.

If this happens (and I am sure it will take another 20-25 years) only then will we see some peace.

However, given the lovely KA Govt, I think this will probably happen only by the time I am ready to retire and shut shop.

Basically, around the time, we are all ready to hit the Departure Lounge to the Great Gig in the Sky, all this may happen. Until then, one is faced with the choice of living through this hell on earth called Bangalore traffic or simply emigrating to some other country and switching off one's connections with this "homeland"...

Last edited by shankar.balan : 15th September 2016 at 06:58.
shankar.balan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th September 2016, 07:13   #12792
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post

If this happens (and I am sure it will take another 20-25 years) only then will we see some peace.
First let the govt come to a decision as to whether BRTS is needed or Metro is needed. This will take some years. By then vehicle population would have increased exponentially.
By then I am sure the public will be forced to take voluntary retirement so that the situation eases to some extent.
Old 15th September 2016, 09:50   #12793
Senior - BHPian

In other Namma Metro related news, BMRCL's worst-kept secret is now officially out:

http://www.bangaloremirror.com/banga...w/54336613.cms

Kanakapura Road to KR Pura? We can look forward to it in AD 2030 or so.

One thing they ought to consider is to allow only 1 vehicle per 'x' sft of built-up area. And let there be audits/inspections on a daily basis.

Let the tech parks and the standalone buildings have a restricted number of vehicles they can host, which then they can auction off to tenants. I can see a good secondary market developing too. An economics-based solution to the ORR mess.
Old 15th September 2016, 10:21   #12794
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suresh_gs View Post
First let the govt come to a decision as to whether BRTS is needed or Metro is needed. This will take some years. By then vehicle population would have increased exponentially.
By then I am sure the public will be forced to take voluntary retirement so that the situation eases to some extent.
They have already decided to go with Metro. But they want to finish it in the same 2 years that BRTS would have taken.
Old 15th September 2016, 10:34   #12795
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srishiva View Post
They have already decided to go with Metro. But they want to finish it in the same 2 years that BRTS would have taken.
The big question mark is the two years time frame. Even land acquisition had not begun yet. ORR is very expensive real estate. It will take much much more than two years to build metro here. Even the flyovers took many years.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks