Team-BHP > Street Experiences

Search this Thread
Old 23rd September 2016, 09:58   #12871
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation

Bangalore Mirror says that ORR Corporates are willing to pump in 2000 cr for the KR Puram-Silk Board Metro Line.

Quote:
Chief minister Siddaramaiah recently cleared a proposal to have an exclusive metro line connecting Silk Board and KR Puram. Planned under the "innovative funding technique" (similar to a PPP model), the Rs3,600-crore project will traverse 18-km -- Silk Board, HSR Layout, Agara junction, Kaadubeesanahalli, Marathahalli junction, ISRO, Mahadevapura and KR Puram. The project -- which is to be fast-tracked and be independent of Metro Phase I or Phase II -- has captured the imagination of tech company honchos, who have volunteered to contribute up to Rs2,000 crore to the project
Seems far-fetched considering it took a long time and lot of effort by the Outer Ring Road Companies Association (ORRCA) to secure even the 5 crore needed for the Ecospace Pedestrian Bridge.

Source: Bangalore Mirror
Rajeevraj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd September 2016, 10:21   #12872
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajeevraj View Post
Bangalore Mirror says that ORR Corporates are willing to pump in 2000 cr for the KR Puram-Silk Board Metro Line.

Seems far-fetched considering it took a long time and lot of effort by the Outer Ring Road Companies Association (ORRCA) to secure even the 5 crore needed for the Ecospace Pedestrian Bridge.

Maybe its the developers who are contributing and will look at BOT model. Its not going to be for free so could be true.

I am seeing that Ecospace has improved a lot during the morning hours. Even lot of roads have seen fresh ashphalt (atleast the ones I use ) Police have been doing a fair bit to improve the situation given the infrastructure.
srishiva is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd September 2016, 10:45   #12873
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srishiva View Post
I am seeing that Ecospace has improved a lot during the morning hours. Even lot of roads have seen fresh ashphalt (atleast the ones I use ) Police have been doing a fair bit to improve the situation given the infrastructure.
Yes. Been driven by Inspector Rao Ganesh from what I heard and read. He apparently drove this effort to widen the service road next to the massive BWSSB water pipe between Intel and Ecospace, the road narrows to a single lane here due to this pipe. A simple solution without too much effort or money.

Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-bellandurwaterpipe.jpg

Source: Facebook.
Rajeevraj is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 23rd September 2016, 10:50   #12874
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Yes. Been driven by Inspector Rao Ganesh from what I heard and read. He apparently drove this effort to widen the service road next to the massive BWSSB water pipe between Intel and Ecospace, the road narrows to a single lane here due to this pipe. A simple solution without too much effort or money.

Source: Facebook.
The pictures are from two different areas from opposite sides ! The levelling could have helped traffic merge between service road on Ecospace side to ORR. But for most of the levelled area, they have erected the fence.
Old 23rd September 2016, 10:53   #12875
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Let them pay their taxes first. Intel had a property tax due of close to 34Crs and is playing all kind of delay tactics not to pay the same. All big talks no action.
poloman is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 23rd September 2016, 11:36   #12876
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Yes. Been driven by Inspector Rao Ganesh from what I heard and read. He apparently drove this effort to widen the service road next to the massive BWSSB
We should appreciate the grit and determination of this Inspector. He I feel is in still charge of HSR Layout Traffic PS (or has he gone to Madivala??). The main trouble points in ORR and Sarjapur Rd. all come under this man's jurisdiction. Imagine going to office day after day, knowing that he (and his team) has to manage this mess at EcoSpace, Bellandur etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by poloman View Post
Let them pay their taxes first. Intel had a property tax due of close to 34Crs and is playing all kind of delay tactics not to pay the same. All big talks no action.
Add the Manyata Tech.Park folks also to this list. These folks should be "named & shamed" and the tax dues recovered. I feel it is this large scale corruption which also made this city look "investor & industry friendly".
sachinpk is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 23rd September 2016, 16:06   #12877
BANNED

Infractions: 0/3 (12)

If this blighted government were to just take say, one year's collection of all road tax on all cars registered in KA/ BLR, all VAT and Service Tax on food and drink consumed in BLR, they can easily fund this Metro project. If they would just for one year, desist from corruption and adhere to a high speed aggressive timeline for this, we can all breathe easily with this project.
shankar.balan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd September 2016, 22:39   #12878
BHPian

Quote:
Intel is one of the company that contributed to the skywalk near Ecospace. Moreover on the BBMP tax thing, Looks like there is a case between BBMP and Intel on the tax dispute. Its BBMP's misunderstanding on the interim's order that caused that incident sometime back.

Some action is done as well..
sbala is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th September 2016, 11:14   #12879
Team-BHP Support

Quote:

It is not that Intel has NOT paid property tax. There is a dispute on the intepretation of the tax due some classification. It is all being argued in court. The BMMP are demanding before the final verdict has been argued. Intel has complied so far

http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/...w/53606500.cms

Last edited by ajmat : 24th September 2016 at 11:17.
ajmat is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 27th September 2016, 12:02   #12880
BHPian

Wow! never seen this thread been so quiet!

Quick update - roads around Somasandrapalya being relaid in the next few days. Expect traffic snarls till all complete, but after that it will be a blessing to have some sort of tarmac under the wheels!
Old 27th September 2016, 13:46   #12881
Senior - BHPian

The road below the Madiwala/ silkboard junction flyover has been re-tarred.
Even the BR Ambedkar road-Bilekehalli (Near SNN Raj Lake view) through Shantiniketan school, Ramanashree enclave, has been re-tarred. The already narrow road was having so many potholes which was causing unnecessary delay and jams. Hope it holds up for longer..
The road outside SNN Raj lake view and the road towards Ranka colony road is in shambles. The rain has made it worse. Dont know in which phase they plan to tar this up.

Last edited by hrman : 27th September 2016 at 13:53.
Old 27th September 2016, 15:32   #12882
Distinguished - BHPian

Bangalore airport has made changes to driveway -

Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-ctwkpajumaajmz.jpg
mpksuhas is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 27th September 2016, 15:58   #12883
Distinguished - BHPian

Many thanks Suhas. Only problem is the circled bit which is a regular intersection with a traffic light. Those airport cabbies need to be very disciplined to maintain the traffic flow!
Attached Thumbnails
Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-ctwkpajumaajmz1.jpg  

Old 27th September 2016, 17:14   #12884
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpksuhas View Post
Bangalore airport has made changes to driveway -
Thanks for the update. While i was in Bangalore from Aug 21st till Sep 19th, I remember reading an article in TOI advocating alternate routes to reach BIAL. One of those routes from Whitefield as origin was passing via Hoskote area, parallel to the Hyderabad highway. This route finally merged with the Hyderabad highway at Devanahalli village, north of the existing entry and exit points.

But what I was not sure about was if there is any other entry or exit point to the east or south of the airport, so that one need not go all the way to the current ones that are on the Hyd highway.
Old 27th September 2016, 17:21   #12885
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
Many thanks Suhas. Only problem is the circled bit which is a regular intersection with a traffic light.
Exactly my thought when I too saw that plan.

Earlier when where walkway used to cross the driveway, there used to be two security guards who used to stop the vehicles to help people cross driveway.

Hope they post guards similarly in this intersection too to oversee cross over traffic.

Most Viewed