Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st October 2016, 11:18   #13021
BHPian

New trend in silkboard!!

Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-imageuploadedbyteambhp1477028852.847260.jpg
aspire is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st October 2016, 11:42   #13022
BHPian

Re: Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation

Quote:
Originally Posted by aspire View Post
New trend in silkboard!!
This new trend is not so new. I have been witnessing 2 wheelers pushing their bikes, or even riding it against this one way, for almost 2 years now. They do not even care that there are buses that stop adjacent to the flyover. The same story is seen near AXA where bikes push their 2wheelers the wrong way for a small stretch (while going towards silk board).

Infact, I was planning to caustically ask the traffic police if we can push our cars too in a similar fashion
ajayclicks is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st October 2016, 12:16   #13023
Distinguished - BHPian

Absolutely. That's a trend which I have even spitting since more than a year now, restricted to 2 Wheelers. Now despite of the blocks there to restrict 4 wheelers, we see bikes and scooters from Agara side passing the gaps and cutting across those moving legally from the side of the flyover which is even worse.

The whole stretch frkm Silkboard to EC till Bommasandra has to have redefined laws as I still cannot clearly know when can I legally move "when the light is red".

Chaos all the way.
paragsachania is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st October 2016, 12:23   #13024
BHPian

Quote:
New trend in silkboard!!
On the closed road they use to push their bikes. It was so much easy for flyover buses from silkboard to make U-Turn or even pick passengers below the flyover. Now they take the right turn towards HSR and try turning into the service lane towards e-city, in the process block everyone.

what it means, the right turn under flyover is always jammed. On their part they cascade it and block traffic towards BTM.
Old 21st October 2016, 12:35   #13025
Distinguished - BHPian

Source: BTP on facebook
Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-vip.jpg

Looks like its would be better to stay rooted at home tomorrow as this VIP seems to be on a bangalore darshan

Last edited by procrj : 21st October 2016 at 12:36.
procrj is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 21st October 2016, 12:38   #13026
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajayclicks View Post
This new trend is not so new. I have been witnessing 2 wheelers pushing their bikes, or even riding it against this one way, for almost 2 years now. They do not even care that there are buses that stop adjacent to the flyover. The same story is seen near AXA where bikes push their 2wheelers the wrong way for a small stretch (while going towards silk board).

Infact, I was planning to caustically ask the traffic police if we can push our cars too in a similar fashion
Hardly anyone pushes their bikes these days, they all ride it at ~40kmph, knowing fully well that the BTP booth is on the other side, and when traffic has started, no one will stop them and cause further jam, In face this is something like the traffic light less junction idea!!

I have even seen these guys stare down or shout at the poor junta following the rules, who on being taken by surprise at seeing these wizkids, honked!
Old 22nd October 2016, 23:35   #13027
Distinguished - BHPian

Changes at Iblur junction on ORR.

Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-screenshot_20161022231338069.jpeg
mpksuhas is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd October 2016, 06:31   #13028

Quote:
New trend in silkboard!!

Attachment 1568685
This trend is pre existing and it'S surprising how people show a blind eye to this life threatening and traffic obstructing scene everyday.
What is more annoying is when we are driving towards Silk Board from the BTM lake road, we see 2 wheelers ride on the footpath and also (brace yourself for this one) honk at pedestrians using the footpath..Frustrati!!
Old 23rd October 2016, 09:34   #13029
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by procrj View Post

Looks like its would be better to stay rooted at home tomorrow as this VIP seems to be on a bangalore darshan
I think it's better for VIPs to use a helicopter(wherever space landing is available), even if it means more cost. Blocking roads and causing inconvenience to citizens is not worth it.

I remember when one TimeNOW journalist suggested that VIPs travel from Bangalore to Mysore by car, he got a lot of replies saying it wasn't worth blocking traffic and delaying the journey for all the other people.
landcruiser123 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd October 2016, 18:16   #13030
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
New trend in silkboard!!
This is neither a new trend nor is it restricted to Silk Board junction. The Bommanahalli signal also witnesses this.

Here, 2-wheelers, and sometimes cars (yet to see anything bigger than an Omni) enter from either the service road, or from the road leading to HSR Layout, move against the flow of traffic on Hosur Road, and either enter Begur road or travel towards Silk Board on Hosur road. You will find most of them doing this when it's red for all traffic from Silk Board direction, and when the signal to turn right/make U-turn at Bommanahalli is red, while it's green for traffic heading straight, towards GB Palya.

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
The whole stretch frkm Silkboard to EC till Bommasandra has to have redefined laws as I still cannot clearly know when can I legally move "when the light is red".

Chaos all the way.
IMO, there has to be separate signal lights for each of the service road sections at the junctions, with all of them regulated. Else, simultaneous traffic combinations at many of the signals (GB Palya, Kudlu Gate, Hosa Road in particular) are always like multiple asterisk symbols superimposed on each other at an offset, causing confusion and gridlocks
Old 23rd October 2016, 19:53   #13031
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpksuhas View Post
Changes at Iblur junction on ORR.
This looks fine on paper, and it is commendable that Suncity residents accepted this sort of arrangement, but the service road from Iblur till Bellandur is going to be the problem here. At least at two locations the service road is barely one lane. And we have the usual wrong side drivers with their sense of entitlement.
Old 24th October 2016, 10:53   #13032
Senior - BHPian

Have the schools reopened? Looks like the traffic mess was at the worst today. Was hearing that there were major blocks at KR Puram, Banaswadi and Iblur. The Gunjur-Varthur-Varthur Kodi-Whitefield road was jammed right from around 0930Hrs. I had to do a bit of "exploring Karnataka villages" since I did not want to get stuck in the jam. I took the Gunjur-Kathriguppe-Tirumalashetty Halli-Channasandra route to reach Whitefield. It took pretty much the same time, but at least the vehicle was on the move and less stress on my left leg.
Old 24th October 2016, 11:06   #13033
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sachinpk View Post
Have the schools reopened? Looks like the traffic mess was at the worst today. Was hearing that there were major blocks at KR Puram, Banaswadi and Iblur. The Gunjur-Varthur-Varthur Kodi-Whitefield road was jammed right from around 0930Hrs. I had to do a bit of "exploring Karnataka villages" since I did not want to get stuck in the jam. I took the Gunjur-Kathriguppe-Tirumalashetty Halli-Channasandra route to reach Whitefield. It took pretty much the same time, but at least the vehicle was on the move and less stress on my left leg.
Yes, KR Puram was piled up till Ramamurthy Nagar underpass. The adjacent service road too was fully packed. Wonder what the issue was.
Old 24th October 2016, 11:19   #13034
Distinguished - BHPian

KR PURA buildup had started from 7AM in the morning. But as usual, no one kmows why. But I had expected this week to be lean. Now I dont think so.
Old 24th October 2016, 15:48   #13035
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
KR PURA buildup had started from 7AM in the morning. But as usual, no one kmows why. But I had expected this week to be lean. Now I dont think so.
I was lucky today, for some reason I opened google maps to check traffic,otherwise I never do that before leaving to office and it had piled up till Horamavu took another route and came to office and saved atleast 30-60mins!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks